2019 Japanese Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 3 of 13
Re: Ricciardo masterstroke
Williams-123 22 February, 2019 01:54
Ricciardo masterstroke going to Renault because Renault looking pretty good in testing.

erratic 22 February, 2019 05:52
Quote:
Williams-123
Ricciardo masterstroke going to Renault because Renault looking pretty good in testing.

I hope he does well. If it isn't a Williams winning, then I hope it is him or Hulk.

andy si 22 February, 2019 07:24
Quote:
Williams-123

Everybody can look good in testing! I believe Renault is always on the right path to upgrade and speed up their car, be it faster or slower progress.

I expect Ricciardo factor will show in races. So I welcome the new season 'after testing concluded' to see how he goes in is Renault.

Williams-123 12 March, 2019 09:51

Anderis 12 March, 2019 10:45
You really seem to have self-condifence issues if you seek to validate your views this way. The only way to find out if Ricciardo's move was right or not will be results and intra-team dynamics in Red Bull and Renaulth in the next 2-3 years.

K1 12 March, 2019 12:08
@ Phatjak And what little gem of internal intelligence do you have to support your theory that Ricciardo thinks that he's bigger than F1.

K1 12 March, 2019 12:11
@Alan Jones...what is that makes you so sure of this outcome? let's see just what interpretative insight that you possess to be able to fore=cast this outcome.

rpaloschi 12 March, 2019 13:06
Quote:

Your need to be seen as the one who is right is something that i am yet to see in an adult person...

AlanJones 12 March, 2019 15:08
Quote:
K1
@Alan Jones...what is that makes you so sure of this outcome? let's see just what interpretative insight that you possess to be able to fore=cast this outcome.

Welcome back K1! Hope you're all okay!
To answer your question, I simply am not sure of this outcome. I just can't see Ricciardo as one of the better driver on the grid. Yes he is fast, yes he does a good job, but there will always be a Verstappen, LeClerc or Hamilton who I rate much higher. I can't see it happening.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

phatjack 12 March, 2019 21:04
LMAO, Whitey look K1 is alive? Kenjii won't understand that. To make things complete in all our friendly bantering the only one missing is duffer.

duffer was never one to "sook" and a sport too! Oops almost forgot Syd! Is he still alive? Haven't seen a post from him in along time too!

Go Honey Badger Go!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2019 21:09 by phatjack.

K1 13 March, 2019 00:51
@ Phastjacvk....Typical post.Bet you are '#me too'supporter into the bargain. As for Duffer, well he wouldn't be missed is a snowstorm...or is that too obtuse for you? You might care to answer my query or is it that you are short on facts?.

K1 13 March, 2019 01:11
@ Alan Jones.....I really never left the site. I was always looking at the overview but chose a period of 'post celibacy', but thank you for your comments. I am, as you know, an unabashed supporter of Ricciardo but he has to earn his accolades the hard way...i personally think that he has done this. His record is evidence. He has come under lots of criticism from certain parties, especially Horner and Marko. They were brought down a peg or two and they don't like it. Hence the acidic/toxic comments from Horner in particular.Phatjack seems to echo those sentiments as well. What else would you expect?

What we are witnessing is the slow release of more background to the RB team environment and it's not too pretty but one which some of us have suspected existed for quite some time. Baku was always going to be a watershed event, and this has proved to be 100% correct. RB's rush to judgement was further evidence of where RB's allegiances lay.Ricciardo, to his credit, kept a low profile after that as he was fighting a lack of team support and appalling bad luck with his car's performances. Is it any wonder that he was 'under the pump'?

IMO he has come out of all this a much stronger person and he now has a team that values him, a team that will do all that they can to see him successful. He has a very strong team mate this year and Hulkenberg is a driver with heaps of experience in racing hard. He must be a force to be reckoned with and will definitely be no pushover. In life, like F1, sometimes you just have to roll the dice...he's done that, and i for one support him in his quest for the ultimate prize. The old cliche 'it's better to have tried and failed than never try at all.....comes to mind.Roll on......

Anderis 17 March, 2019 07:27
Thanks to Ricciardo masterstroke Hulkenberg will be able to show how overhyped of a driver Ricciardo was.

Ricciardo = (Sm8)

Anderis 17 March, 2019 07:42
https://scontent-waw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/53825952_2375898325774970_98532446760337408_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-waw1-1.xx&oh=7e9496e2e42b7a64b8344b800b5502d5&oe=5D4FB789

Ricciardo leaving Red Bull for Renault = (Sm8)

Mehryar 17 March, 2019 08:04
Early days and things can change quickly if Renault has a good platform to bring in new updates.
But yes, it was a masterstroke to escape from Max' shadow even if it was for trading a podium with 9th, 10th in races.If he was staying there abit too long, he could become another Webber.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Anderis 17 March, 2019 08:17
Maybe being another Webber and winning some races is better than being another Perez or Hulkenberg and be stuck in the midfield for years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/03/2019 08:17 by Anderis.

Mikef1 17 March, 2019 09:28
Well he will have more fun I reckon. That midfield is so great. Can't wait for a proper overtaking track where we can see some great battles for position. Even in Melbourne the cars did seem to be able to run closer I wonder if we will get any driver feedback

phatjack 17 March, 2019 09:48
Quote:
Anderis
https://scontent-waw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/53825952_2375898325774970_98532446760337408_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-waw1-1.xx&oh=7e9496e2e42b7a64b8344b800b5502d5&oe=5D4FB789
Ricciardo leaving Red Bull for Renault = (Sm8)

LMAO

Williams-123 17 March, 2019 10:59
Hahahahaha!

Williams-123 17 March, 2019 11:04
Over the years I have seen lots of drivers go half on the grass and not lose their front wing, Ricciardo was unlucky with that, even the commentators said Ric was unlucky with that.

On the other hand Hulk got lucky today, Hulk leads Ric after one single race but give it another 5 or 6 races and Ric will be leading Hulk in the 2019 WDC.

Current Page: 3 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net