2019 Singapore Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 5 of 13
Re: Ricciardo masterstroke
Williams-123 27 March, 2019 08:35
When I think about it Hulk got really lucky in the Australian GP.

It was a big fluke Hulk getting 7th in OZ.

Hulk = Steven Bradbury

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 27/03/2019 08:40 by Williams-123.

SydneyF1Fan 27 March, 2019 10:11
The Hulk needed to win the race and fastest lap to earn the Steven Bradbury award.

The Hulk finished where Renault deserved. He certainly had Dan's measure all weekend.

I think Dan was unlucky at the start, but his poor qualifying put him into that predicament.

Dan, Hulk and Renault will improve, but it will be a tough ask for Dan to outshine the Hulk. I'm confident he can but it will be no easy shoey-in.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Anderis 31 March, 2019 18:03
Ricciardo outraced by Hulk again. And he caused an unnecessary contact with his team-mate almost crashing them both out.

Ricciardo has chosen to be a number 2 driver in a team that can't finish a race over being a number 2 driver in a team that fights for podiums and maybe sometimes for race wins.

Ricciardo = (Sm8)

Mehryar 31 March, 2019 18:18
He was lucky they both failed to finish or else it was another losing points to Hulk! Atleast now the gap in standings is the same as before.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

phatjack 31 March, 2019 19:35
LMAO, according to the official F1 standings the Honey Badger sits in 18th behind Rus and Kub.

Ric = (Sm8)(Sm8)

Mehryar 31 March, 2019 22:07
Whitey don't you think Daniel made a terrible mistake?

I can understand it's hard to be destroyed by Max but atleast he could grab a few podiums and wins there when Max was having a bad weekend, but now I'm worried he can never get anymore wins sad smiley

All over the internet people call him a stupid to leave Redbull Honda to go for a team that has 50% engine failure so far this season...I'm worried they are right (Sm136)(Sm136)

Don't you think it was better to stick with RBR and get destroyed by Max than going to Renault and fight with Hulk for 10th position then retire? sad smileysad smiley

It's really sad because as Daniel's fan I wished he would choose Sauber over Renault but he made a terrible decision (Sm10) Don't you think the same Whitey?

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

SydneyF1Fan 01 April, 2019 03:49
I think it was a bold move for Dan, but I wouldn't call it a mistake. Yet.

He's definitely got his work cut out to match and surpass Nico. If he can't do that during this season, it will be an unmitigated disaster, as Nico will then become favourite for any top drives that become vacant and Dan's stocks will plummet.

He's still in his probation period and he needs to prove himself up to the job in the next few races.

There are clearly balance issues with the car and Nico is handling those much better at the moment. I'm surprised that Dan hasn't adapted quicker, as he seems like a driver that can work around car limitations, but perhaps he's been too spoilt with Red Bull/Toro Rosso in his F1 career and Nico has been forced to overcome car weaknesses. Sounds like other teams have similar issues with the new regs, eg. look at Gasly and Max and even Merc struggling against Ferrari this weekend, so all have improvement work to do. Williams too!

Dan has been weak in practice/qualifying, particularly Australia. He was more fortunate in Bahrain, but Nico would have right up there in quali if he didn't have an engine mapping issue.

Dan's start in Melbourne was unlucky, but exacerbated by his poor quali. Nico's start in Bahrain was electric and he did well to avoid the carnage in front of him. Dan's strategy sucked, but Nico would have been hot on his heels with his additional pace even if Dan had stuck to a one-stopper.

Renault reliability is woeful and even Cyril is starting to show his annoyance. Sounds like the engine performance has improved (as shown by McLaren), so hopefully they can fix their balance issues enough to convert that into raw pace and fix their reliability to last the race distance.

I still think this was a good move for Dan. It's a bit like a child moving out of the safety of their parent's home or an employee leaving a safe job for a start-up company. He was always going to play second fiddle to Max at RBR and sometimes you need to take risks to get ahead and increase your enjoyment with new challenges. He bet that Merc/Ferrari would still be ahead in 2019 and 2020, so he sacrificed a few chance wins with RBR over the next two years for the opportunity to build up a second-tier team into a potential challenger in 2021. Provided he can stay ahead of Nico in that time he will open up other opportunities in 2021 - either stay with a championship-winning Renault team which he helped to build up or take up any available offers with other top teams.

In the meantime he's on a handy pay-packet, to build himself a comfortable living and retirement. At the end of the day, money is a big part of the motivation of all drivers, not just WDC's.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Williams-123 01 April, 2019 04:19
Patients Patients Anderis, Mehyar and phatjack, you just watch Ricciardo and Renault will come good, just wait and see.

Anderis, Mehyar and phatjack have you heard of the saying "Playing the long game"? Well that is what Ric is doing.

AlanJones 01 April, 2019 08:56
A fudge up in Aussie.
Driving into your teammate in Bahrain.
Being humiliated by your teammate on two outings.
Having a@#$%&Renno engine.

Yeah, Danny boy showed us all. Pathetic.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Gunk 01 April, 2019 20:50
I'd be reluctant to diss Ric. He's had some awesome drives even with so many outings compromised by DNFs. You have to wonder why he had any faith in Renault. Horner was out of patience.

It was a gamble, not a masterstroke. But I don't think anyone expected 3 engine failures in 2 races.

In the Renault post-race notes, Cyril says: 'We must switch our focus to reliability'. What a blinding flash of inspiration. )) He was also on a hopeless strategy . . . but that was another gamble.

However, his biggest problem would appear to be that Hulk is just a bit quicker all round, all weekend.

AlanJones 01 April, 2019 23:08
Seriously, how good is Hulkenberg. No really, seriously. How good is he?
Hulkenberg is so good. Hulkenberg = God. Whitey = noob.

Something like that would be a decent reply me thinks?

Anywho, Ricciardo surely must gel into the team. So this will take time and he will get better. But it does seem he has some pressure on him. Some pressure he cant handle. Tried too much in the first two races with disastrous results. Something totally not his style and not seen before with him. Which is strange and begs the question if he is feeling the weight of his 30+ million dollar pricetag.

SehnKhan 02 April, 2019 00:26
Quote:
Williams-123
Patients Patients Anderis, Mehyar and phatjack, you just watch Ricciardo and Renault will come good, just wait and see.
Anderis, Mehyar and phatjack have you heard of the saying "Playing the long game"? Well that is what Ric is doing.

Are you in the hospital?

SydneyF1Fan 02 April, 2019 03:32
Listening to the Autosport podcast (I think?) one of them spoke to Dan on the Saturday and he admitted he was currently over-driving the car. Sounds like he jumped in thinking that he could out-drive its limitations, but had a rude awakening.

At least he went most of the race distance in Bahrain and he intends to put testing to good use this week in understanding the car's characteristics better.

I certainly wouldn't write him off yet. Once he's comfortable with the balance, I'm sure he'll catch Nico. Then just need reliability and strategy to go his way.

phatjack 03 April, 2019 21:53

SydneyF1Fan 04 April, 2019 04:08
Good article. Spot on.

AlanJones 04 April, 2019 06:12
Hey Whitey, Ricciardo sucks!

Williams-123 04 April, 2019 06:58
LMAO @ everyone here who is dissing Ric...You will end up with egg on your face.

Williams-123 04 April, 2019 07:05
Quote:
SehnKhan
Quote:
Williams-123

Are you in the hospital?

SehnKhan you should ask yourself if you are in the hospital if you have not heard of the term "Playing the long game".

SehnKhan Are you Whacko? Loopy maybe?

Williams-123 04 April, 2019 07:14
It is kinda funny how you get all these posters here trashing Ric when he is one of the nicest and most likeable drivers on the grid, (All the other drivers like him) the way some posters are trashing him here anyone reading this that did not know Ric must think he is a complete total ass wipe.

SehnKhan 04 April, 2019 07:19
Quote:
Williams-123
Quote:
SehnKhan
Quote:
Williams-123

Are you in the hospital?

SehnKhan you should ask yourself if you are in the hospital if you have not heard of the term "Playing the long game".

SehnKhan Are you Whacko? Loopy maybe?

Chuckles, you're an easy wind-up sometimes. Patience VS Patients.

Current Page: 5 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net