2020 Australian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 9 of 13
Re: Ricciardo masterstroke
Williams-123 15 April, 2019 05:39
Okay AJ all good....Just fun and games(Sm128)

SydneyF1Fan 15 April, 2019 11:31
Hopefully Dan has turned a corner.

Bad luck for Nico this weekend, but they look to be neck and neck atm. Sounds like they're both giving the team constructive feedback, so hopefully they can progress from here.

I bet RBR wishes Dan could come back to replace Gasly. A disappointing start from him after a great season with TR least year. He needs to pick his act up quickly. Albon doing a great job but a bit premature to promote him and Kvyat back on borrowed time.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Gunk 15 April, 2019 14:29
Double post for some reason.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/04/2019 14:35 by Gunk.

Gunk 15 April, 2019 14:34
Quote:
SydneyF1Fan

I bet RBR wishes Dan could come back to replace Gasly. A disappointing start from him after a great season with TR least year. He needs to pick his act up quickly. Albon doing a great job but a bit premature to promote him and Kvyat back on borrowed time.

Well, Gasly had only Hartley to beat last year. Not exactly difficult to look good. Actually he is a good race driver but for sure he needs to speed up a bit.

If you look at Albon's junior career he improves massively in year 2 of any given formula, once he gets the hang of things. If Gasly doesn't deliver soon I see him getting the gig at RBR. Marko is not a patient man.

Williams-123 16 April, 2019 03:01
Verstappen is destroying Gasly.

AlanJones 16 April, 2019 05:45
I can't imagine Gasly being this weak. There must be a reason for him to have such a weak start to his RBR adventure.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Anderis 16 April, 2019 09:24
We don't know how good Gasly is. His only benchmark was Hartley- pretty sure one of the weakest drivers on the grid in recent years. If you look at last year- how convincingly Verstappen outpaced Ricciardo- it's not far-fetched to say that Gasly is nowhere near as good as Ricciardo and therefore he is risking getting anihilated by Verstappen.

Gasly's feeder series record is not that great. Good enough to merit an F1 place but nowhere near guys like Hamilton, Hulkenberg, Leclerc or Russell. He might have benefitted from unusual circumstances- Ricciardo departing to Renault and Red Bull not having much talent ready for F1 in their program ATM. I'm quite sure he wouldn't attract interest from a top3 team had he debuted at other team than Toro Rosso. He may be simply out of place where he is. He may be the weakest driver a top3 team had as a permanent driver in F1 in XXI century. Or 2nd weakest behind Kvyat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2019 09:29 by Anderis.

Williams-123 16 April, 2019 12:42
I always new Gasly was a weak driver to get a race seat in one of the top 3 teams...I don't think he will last long.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2019 13:06 by Williams-123.

Williams-123 24 April, 2019 07:55
Quote:
Daniel Ricciardo says Renault have made a breakthrough with their brakes...
Daniel Ricciardo has said that Renault has made a breakthrough with their brakes and that he is starting to feel more confident under braking. One of the Aussie's main skills is his confidence under braking and his ability to out-brake other drivers going into corners and he has said that that confidence is coming back.

Williams-123 24 April, 2019 07:57
LOOK at my above post...Hulk is in big trouble now.

Now that Ricciardo's confidence is coming back...Hulk better prepare for a whooping.

Mehryar 24 April, 2019 10:41
So Whitey now that brakes are improved, do you think he can finally beat Max? Because it's sad that people everywhere call him stupid to leave Redbull and trap himself in a midfield car sad smiley( I don't think be can beat Max, it's sad sad smiley Do you think he can beat Max now?

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

CLOVERLEAF 888 24 April, 2019 12:34
how have we got to 9 pages on this thread???

rpaloschi 24 April, 2019 12:56
Because the troll comments his own comments 3 times for each. Just like a 5 year old looking for attention

SydneyF1Fan 24 April, 2019 21:24
I wouldn't describe Whitey as a troll. More like a hyperactive contributor.

He means well and is passionate about his views, even if you don't agree with them, but that's why we're all here, isn't it?

(Apart from the trolls, that is)

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

phatjack 24 April, 2019 22:15
Syd, Whitey breathes life into this otherwise what has become a boring forum to visit lately.

Mind you I could understand why this board with such high hopes all of a sudden went dormant.

But I regress Williams like a Phoenix will rise from the ashes again like Pigs can Fly. I read that on another board and thought it had merit on this board.

dot_com 24 April, 2019 23:06
It seems like drivers used to have until maybe mid-season before people started analyzing how well they were doing against an experienced team mate. Nowadays people are ready to throw a driver under the bus after 2-3 races - people wonder if they will be booted out of the team if they don’t immediately match or beat their team mate! It must take a while for a guy to get comfortable with a new team, new engineers, new car, new everything. I think this is the effect of RB/TR constantly changing their drivers mid-season if Marko thinks for a second that another one of his boys could do better.

Anderis 27 April, 2019 15:19
Damn, I'm sad for Ricciardo because he is beating Hulk but Renault does seem to go backwards. sad smiley

Can Renault improve so that Ricciardo can win WDC in 2020 and 2021 as Whitey said in OP? It doesn't seem so. sad smiley They are too far behind and not making any progress.

Renault = (Sm8)

SydneyF1Fan 27 April, 2019 22:43
Don't think Renault expect to win the WDC in 2020, but I also think that Dan didn't expect RBR to win it in 2020, so he went for the $$$ and the challenge of building a race-winning team.

2021 is anyone's game at this stage with the new rules coming into play.

Renault all at sea in Baku, but they're not alone there. Dan apears to be leveling with the car more, though.

Mehryar 28 April, 2019 13:16
LOL @ Dan! What an idiot!

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

SydneyF1Fan 28 April, 2019 13:50
Stupid!

He probably would have struggled to get in the points anyway. Renault out the back door this weekend - only just ahead of Williams!

Current Page: 9 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net