Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Formula E . Round 2. Marrakech.
CLOVERLEAF 888 17 January, 2019 11:56
Like ihme says the lack of engine noise and squealing instead puts me right off.

Ozzy Osbone 18 January, 2019 14:54
I have to say that did annoy me at first but I have sort of become used to it.

Gunk 18 January, 2019 17:14
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
I have to say that did annoy me at first but I have sort of become used to it.

Sure. Watch a whole day- practice, Q and race . . . and plenty of other things get your attention. Like the fact that there is an actual race which some 10 or so different people could win . . .

By the way, our friend Sirotkin was at the last tests . . .

Mehryar 18 January, 2019 20:36
I don't see all of this fuss about FE & F1 merge in future or one taking over the other one.
FE is not the future of motorsport imo, even with faster cars & more manufactures joining.
North America is the ultimate dream market for any car maker & what engine do they have at the back of an Indycar? Fossil fuel...Do they have a queue of car manufactures to join the series? No...Is it hurting number of audience? No...the business is as big as ever.

Imo FE will be helping F1 by taking away manufactures from having works team in F1 in near future & it will help F1 bosses to stop making stupid set of rules just to satisfy car maker with what they build in their manufactures.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

jonnybario 18 January, 2019 20:46
IndyCar is a very minor sport in North America, dwarfed even by NASCAR. The only car manufacturers that have shown any interest in IndyCar for almost a decade are GM and Honda: hardly an indication of it being a 'dream market' for manufacturers. Compare that to the number of manufacturers currently investing in Formula E.

Mehryar 18 January, 2019 21:53
You are mixing up the things.
Dream market is for selling cars and has nothing to do with motorsport.That's exactly what I say, the sport is very much in a good state despite not having too many manufactures interested and despite not helping road cars selling and despite having zero input on roadcar industry.
Being a minor sport in North America was off the mark too.The subject is about motorsport, not the whole sport events...Though you can replace Nascar with Indycar in each of my sentences if you like, still it means one thing.

speed 18 January, 2019 22:49
Quote:
Mehryar
I don't see all of this fuss about FE & F1 merge in future or one taking over the other one.
FE is not the future of motorsport imo, even with faster cars & more manufactures joining.
North America is the ultimate dream market for any car maker & what engine do they have at the back of an Indycar? Fossil fuel...Do they have a queue of car manufactures to join the series? No...Is it hurting number of audience? No...the business is as big as ever.

It's not fossil fuel which interests the spectators. It's racing and access to it. F1 has pushed everything behind a paywall & everything else about it expensive as hell. Getting to meet your fav driver in F1 is about as difficult as overtaking in F1. How are you getting next gen fans if it's difficult or expensive to watch??

If that doesn't change, FE will destroy F1 or actually F1 might self implode (if things don't change).

phatjack 18 January, 2019 23:09
Here's a thought, F1 should team up with Uber to get to the next generation's fan?

Mehryar 18 January, 2019 23:23
I'm shocked to see how people can read irrelevant things in a simple text!
It's not fossil fuel which interests fans? Did I say it is? I think you are quoting someone else.

The post was simple:
Fact1: F1 is a global sport with first priority to be entertainment just like any other sport...anything else comes second.

Fact2: Road car relevant tech is only important to manufactures involved in the sport.(most) fans don't give a damn about it.

Fact3: Pushing for road car relevant PU resulted in hugely expensive units, costing small teams a big share of their budget, being hugely complex with works teams having upper hand not only financially but on the installation part and thus pushing for more of A-league, B-league F1

Fact4: Engine manufactures with their push on these units have made the game too hard for likes of true sport companies like Cosworth to join.It's even impossible for a new manufacture to join with what these 4 have made.

Fact5: Car manufactures (bar Ferrari) are in it to advertise & sell their product, they're not in it for the sake of this sport.They would leave as soon as it doesn't help their advertising.

Fact6 : the bottom line of alot of current problems with F1 & its rules is manufactures stepping in as team owners, making the sport too expensive, for all, fans, other true teams who want to join & current teams.

Fact7 : FE is taking them away so...thanks to FE for that.

Fact8 : F1 without works teams will be cheaper, closer, more of fans likenings and money (sponsors) follows where the fans are interested.

F1 won't be destroyed...FE is inviting trouble to itself.

speed 19 January, 2019 04:57
You will be less shocked if you stop over-reacting. Won't bother to reply

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net