Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Future of Paddy Lowe thread
AlanJones 19 February, 2019 14:40
Quote:
Polemik
According to motorsport-total.com, the car is in delay due to a problem with the brakes. Paddy allegedly offered his immediate resignation.

Would be very unwise and just a move out of sheer embarrassment.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

williams4284 19 February, 2019 15:27
If we sack everyone without replacements then it's a sure death.

I doubt things are that dire.

At least I hope we are not is such a position.

AlanJones 19 February, 2019 15:48
Mistakes can be made. Deadlines can not be met. But the thing that needs to be done is make no harsh, sudden and not well thought through decisions. Evaluations need to be made and lessons need to be learned.
So I reckon Paddy staying put.

Francesc 19 February, 2019 15:56
Tell that to Dirk de Beer.

Anderis 19 February, 2019 16:12
I really think we at least need to wait until the first race (or even until 2nd race as Melbourne is often not truly representative for pecking order). Missing a couple of days of testing in circumstances like these looks a bit unprofessional but Lowe's main job is to make the car quick and we don't know if he failed on that or not, yet.

speed 19 February, 2019 16:50
If Paddy Lowe departs, I think the problem is SFW/Claire & other top management. Who in the world will be willing to take this job after PS & PL, both proven winning TDs at other teams.

AlanJones 19 February, 2019 17:30
Quote:
Francesc
Tell that to Dirk de Beer.

That was a thought over move. it was not a sudden move as senior management and De Beer came to a mutual agreement. For us fans it was a surprise. But it was nothing special.

Ozzy Osbone 19 February, 2019 17:32
Agree with Speed. If he goes, it's more likely that he has come to the conclusion he is not being allowed to do his job but still takes all the flack. He's maybe keen to get out before more damage is done to his reputation.

I think Claire is in the same boat but it's her name on the team. It's a horrible feeling thinking you are stuck being unable to do your dream job properly until your father dies. I have been there.

EagleF1 19 February, 2019 18:10
Pat used to say Williams had everything required, he just needed another $20m or so to start winning races.

Francesc 19 February, 2019 18:34
Quote:
EagleF1
Pat used to say Williams had everything required, he just needed another $20m or so to start winning races.

That was in the days where the top 3 teams weren't 1.5 seconds faster than the next car though.

Williams-123 20 February, 2019 05:25
Now the penny drops...Why did Mercedes let Paddy go so easily??? Because he is not very good???

Gunk 20 February, 2019 07:15
Quote:
speed
If Paddy Lowe departs, I think the problem is SFW/Claire & other top management. Who in the world will be willing to take this job after PS & PL, both proven winning TDs at other teams.

Prior to Mercedes, Paddy spent 20 years at McLaren. It's hard to believe he was kept on all that time for 'underperforming', as the Telegraph put it.

Mike Coughlan spent 5 years at McLaren and 5 minutes at Williams.

The current situation is hardly black and white.

Mehryar 20 February, 2019 07:26
Telegraph article was meaningless.
Frank is in the factory to overview the development himself?! Are you joking? How?! Does he have the knowledge to do what a Technical director must do?
It's a long time since he's been there and F1 gets more complex year by year.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

shriekback 20 February, 2019 07:51
Auto sport is reporting that both Paddy and Claire have media events scheduled for Wednesday. I hope we finally get some answers about what has been happening, who is chiefly responsible, and what their status in the team is going forward.

Polemik 20 February, 2019 08:10
Quote:
shriekback
Auto sport is reporting that both Paddy and Claire have media events scheduled for Wednesday. I hope we finally get some answers about what has been happening, who is chiefly responsible, and what their status in the team is going forward.

I'm afraid Paddy will announce his resignation at that meeting (Sm77)

AlanJones 20 February, 2019 08:23
Quote:
Polemik
Quote:
shriekback

At the best companies deadlines are not met at times. You dont hear people immediately getting fired over this. In effect we have missed 25% of the testing schedule due to an issue that was addressed too late. Once things kicked into high gear Williams has delivered astounding work in getting the car ready in 4 days what normally would take a week to complete.
I reckon Paddy staying put, learning from this annoying situation and just move on. It is the media and (no offense) fans like you who keep sticking to the negative side of it. Fact is that we are able to get about 62.5% or 75% of testing done. It is less than the team has anticipated and it has given a lot of stress to the entire team. But people need to calm down and look at the situation the way it is. And it is not as bad as it looks.
Negativism should be brought back if the car proves to be a dog. But to be honest, I think Force Canada will be the backmarker this year. Not us.

Gwanni 20 February, 2019 08:59

ihme 20 February, 2019 09:05
Quote:
Gwanni
https://www.planetf1.com/news/mutiny-in-the-ranks-as-williams-delays-mount/?fbclid=IwAR186elpvsZt4UbKrP2WW7Kgf9WBalHrGiRrAMGDfkh3YJaVVJc6vnRqBO8

Planetf1 (Sm20)

Polemik 20 February, 2019 09:06
Quote:
AlanJones
Quote:
Polemik
Quote:
shriekback

At the best companies deadlines are not met at times. You dont hear people immediately getting fired over this. In effect we have missed 25% of the testing schedule due to an issue that was addressed too late. Once things kicked into high gear Williams has delivered astounding work in getting the car ready in 4 days what normally would take a week to complete.
I reckon Paddy staying put, learning from this annoying situation and just move on. It is the media and (no offense) fans like you who keep sticking to the negative side of it. Fact is that we are able to get about 62.5% or 75% of testing done. It is less than the team has anticipated and it has given a lot of stress to the entire team. But people need to calm down and look at the situation the way it is. And it is not as bad as it looks.
Negativism should be brought back if the car proves to be a dog. But to be honest, I think Force Canada will be the backmarker this year. Not us.

you're right Alan ... but no wonder I'm pessimistic. I've been a fan of Williams team for 25 years, and for the most part the seasons have been either weak or catastrophic. It's not easy to be a fan of Williams team. Sometimes, I say to me self, that Williams fan can ONLY be a very veeeery mentally strong person, or a masochist ! (Sm116) Still, I will never give up and I will support Williams team as long as it exists. I love Williams team and I take it (almost) as my family (Sm116).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/02/2019 09:12 by Polemik.

EagleF1 20 February, 2019 10:01
Those 'media events' were already scheduled before the car issues.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net