Latest news:

2020 Spanish Grand Prix Rd 6. Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 17 of 36
Re: Test day 3 and 4
ihme 20 February, 2019 19:07
Autosport's Gary Anderson compares different wing philosophies this year (no Williams though) - [www.facebook.com]

Re: Test day 3 and 4
Mikef1 20 February, 2019 19:10
I agree it would seem the gearbox is not CF which @#$%& me off we could just use the Merc one for 2 years until they are spec and have an instant boost in performance from rigidity, cog and aerodynamics.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
Gunk 20 February, 2019 19:10
Quote:
Bond
Quote:
Francesc
Our front suspension is the most extreme?

Looks like they we might be trying to claw back some of front aero by making those front suspension pieces really wing like.

And maybe some more mechanical grip too with this design. You can't test that in the wind tunnel of course.

There's a lot of detail in this car which looks as if some thought has gone into it.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
ihme 20 February, 2019 19:14
Mike any thoughts on our diffuser and the bargeboards?

Re: Test day 3 and 4
Gwanni 20 February, 2019 19:20
Hope that tomorrow we will deliver a serious attempt

Re: Test day 3 and 4
Austrian-Williams-Fan 20 February, 2019 19:26
what are the two silver "nozzles" on the rear wing support.above the exhaust pipe

https://imgr3.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Williams-FW42-Barcelona-Tests-2019-fotoshowBig-6403f89a-1429653.jpg

Re: Test day 3 and 4
tomazy 20 February, 2019 19:31
Quote:
Austrian-Williams-Fan
what are the two silver "nozzles" on the rear wing support.above the exhaust pipe
https://imgr3.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Williams-FW42-Barcelona-Tests-2019-fotoshowBig-6403f89a-1429653.jpg

Moneky seat goes there in the future, simmilar to Renault

https://i87.servimg.com/u/f87/14/79/55/26/dzmty_12.jpg

Re: Test day 3 and 4
Mikef1 20 February, 2019 19:37
I think there are bits missing from both. The bargeboards themselves are nowadays so complicated it's difficult to perceive much. I think I will wait til tomorrow as it has been posted on here that the car is still not entirely complete. Im really pleased to see a lot of effort in the car and I really hope it pays off for the team. Excited about this one I just don't think she looks as clean as say the Mercedes or the Mclaren.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
Ozzy Osbone 20 February, 2019 19:44
The Mclaren looks 'empty' to me. Doesn't mean she won't be fast.

I just hope our can be up there somewhere. I think with Alfa and Renault now coming on that Q3 is going to be very tough to get into regularly for most midfield teams. We now have 2 Mercs, 4 Fiats and 4 Red Bulls.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
ihme 20 February, 2019 19:45
Quote:
Mikef1
I think there are bits missing from both. The bargeboards themselves are nowadays so complicated it's difficult to perceive much. I think I will wait til tomorrow as it has been posted on here that the car is still not entirely complete. Im really pleased to see a lot of effort in the car and I really hope it pays off for the team. Excited about this one I just don't think she looks as clean as say the Mercedes or the Mclaren.

Thanks, looking forward to Your analysis tomorrow.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
Gunk 20 February, 2019 19:51
https://images.scribblelive.com/2019/2/20/34c6a287-bf89-40a0-9936-566ef0803347_800.jpg

Re: Test day 3 and 4
Mikef1 20 February, 2019 19:51
Yeah I want to have a good look at the bargeboards and rear of the car tomorrow. The front suspension has been entirely raised and that leaves a clear run for air to the bargeboards which I like. The sidepods still have a small inlet with the wings in front to drive air into the void which is not uncommon but it is far more refined and complex than last year. Also of note for me is the wing mirrors. Following the red bull school of thought. Now instead of just creating drag they appear to be shaped towards an oval to generate some form of outwash and reduce drag.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
tomazy 20 February, 2019 19:59
Here is a piace missing in the bardgeboards I would imagine, you can see an attacment that does not attaches to anything today.

https://i.ibb.co/L9KfvR0/3.jpg

Re: Test day 3 and 4
ihme 20 February, 2019 20:06
thumbs down

Re: Test day 3 and 4
Austrian-Williams-Fan 20 February, 2019 20:29
cooling hole. any pictures of last year to compare?

https://imgr2.auto-motor-und-sport.de/George-Russell-Williams-Barcelona-F1-Test-20-Februar-2019-fotoshowBig-e29390e0-1429765.jpg

Re: Test day 3 and 4
Damon96 20 February, 2019 20:47
On other teams testing form, Force India and Haas aren’t having the best of times, their mileages are quite low for three days of testing.

[twitter.com]

Re: Test day 3 and 4
GPL 20 February, 2019 20:48
Looks like than have lots of room to close that rear engine cover up if they have
got on top of the cooling this season.

What do you think.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
Mikef1 20 February, 2019 20:50
Quote:
Austrian-Williams-Fan
cooling hole. any pictures of last year to compare?
https://imgr2.auto-motor-und-sport.de/George-Russell-Williams-Barcelona-F1-Test-20-Februar-2019-fotoshowBig-e29390e0-1429765.jpg

They certainly need to button that up a bit. Diffuser perhaps not incomplete there are 3 verticle outwash winglets in there but you would expect more towards the middle

Re: Test day 3 and 4
GPL 20 February, 2019 20:55
Big day tomorrow as we should have some idea of if this car works or not.

I hope all the parts they planned arrive overnight.

would be nice to see some 1:21s in the morning then in the afternoon some 1:20s

That would be a good start for the new car.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
ihme 20 February, 2019 21:04
Quote:
Mikef1
Quote:
Austrian-Williams-Fan
cooling hole. any pictures of last year to compare?
https://imgr2.auto-motor-und-sport.de/George-Russell-Williams-Barcelona-F1-Test-20-Februar-2019-fotoshowBig-e29390e0-1429765.jpg

They certainly need to button that up a bit. Diffuser perhaps not incomplete there are 3 verticle outwash winglets in there but you would expect more towards the middle

Other teams are also running with huge opening at their backs. I guess if the aero near the coke bottle is efficient enough this wont be such a problem for us this time:

https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/XPB_973398_HiRes.jpg

https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/XPB_974026_HiRes.jpg

https://imgr2.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Daniil-Kvyat-Toro-Rosso-Barcelona-F1-Test-20-Februar-2019-fotoshowBig-a9c9e598-1429456.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzwzMLSX4AAiJYx.jpg

Current Page: 17 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net