Latest news:

2020 Canadian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 18 of 36
Re: Test day 3 and 4
Mikef1 20 February, 2019 21:04
Quote:
GPL
Big day tomorrow as we should have some idea of if this car works or not.
I hope all the parts they planned arrive overnight.

would be nice to see some 1:21s in the morning then in the afternoon some 1:20s

That would be a good start for the new car.

You will likely be disappointed. There will be a lot of boring aero runs and data checking tomorrow I would imagine. That means slow slow slow

Re: Test day 3 and 4
GPL 20 February, 2019 21:13
agree but if they do not try it out at some point tomorrow how will
they know if they are on the right track or not.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
Anderis 20 February, 2019 21:17
Yeah. It will be surprising if Williams doesn't finish the day at the bottom of the timesheet. We're so far behind the schedule. I don't think we can afford any performance runs, just basic checks other teams have done already during their filming days and first couple of testing days.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
ihme 20 February, 2019 21:23
I like the look of these new overalls

https://i.imgur.com/VfiTX8I.jpg

Re: Test day 3 and 4
ihme 20 February, 2019 21:24
Btw I got a feeling that the TATA logos be on the front wing endplates. A perfect spot for them.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/02/2019 21:25 by ihme.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
Albi-Quin 20 February, 2019 21:40
Quote:
ihme
Btw I got a feeling that the TATA logos be on the front wing endplates. A perfect spot for them.

Still a big space on the rear wing end plates

Re: Test day 3 and 4
Francesc 20 February, 2019 21:40
Quote:
ihme
Btw I got a feeling that the TATA logos be on the front wing endplates. A perfect spot for them.

And on top of the chassis just in front of the cockpit.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
Mehryar 20 February, 2019 21:41
Looking at test results, this year is really unique.
There's been overally a same path that teams were taking before during winter testing.For example day A aero checks, Day B long runs, day C short runs...now everything is mixed up.You can't tell for sure who's standing where after 3 days of testing...specially when you look onboards of each car, you hardly find a hugely disappointing car out there, and Gary Anderson confirms that by his trackside observations.

What I think of these 3 days are :
-Ferrari is in a great form.
-Midfield will be even tighter & with all of them alot closer to top3.
-Mclaren is back to midfield group.Where in it? No idea.



http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Re: Test day 3 and 4
Mikef1 20 February, 2019 21:47
Chassis sides and headrest sides are also free. Plenty of spots but the prime ones are chassis top and rear wing end plates.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
Mikef1 20 February, 2019 21:48
Quote:
Mehryar
Looking at test results, this year is really unique.
There's been overally a same path that teams were taking before during winter testing.For example day A aero checks, Day B long runs, day C short runs...now everything is mixed up.You can't tell for sure who's standing where after 3 days of testing...specially when you look onboards of each car, you hardly find a hugely disappointing car out there, and Gary Anderson confirms that by his trackside observations.

What I think of these 3 days are :
-Ferrari is in a great form.
-Midfield will be even tighter & with all of them alot closer to top3.
-Mclaren is back to midfield group.Where in it? No idea.

I had also felt watching videos of the cars that there is no clear dog. Let's hope the Williams doesn't prove to be the exception

Re: Test day 3 and 4
ihme 20 February, 2019 21:53
Quote:
Mehryar
Looking at test results, this year is really unique.
There's been overally a same path that teams were taking before during winter testing.For example day A aero checks, Day B long runs, day C short runs...now everything is mixed up.You can't tell for sure who's standing where after 3 days of testing...specially when you look onboards of each car, you hardly find a hugely disappointing car out there, and Gary Anderson confirms that by his trackside observations.

What I think of these 3 days are :
-Ferrari is in a great form.
-Midfield will be even tighter & with all of them alot closer to top3.
-Mclaren is back to midfield group.Where in it? No idea.

The track is now insanely rubbered in. When we go to Melbourne I think most cars wont look as much on rails as here.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
Ozzy Osbone 20 February, 2019 21:54
I hope we don't push tomorrow. At least until the last 10 minutes. Last thing we need is a broken car.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
ihme 20 February, 2019 22:12
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
I hope we don't push tomorrow. At least until the last 10 minutes. Last thing we need is a broken car.

I think we need 100+ laps tomorrow without any issues. I dont think we will be doing any quick laps, we are 3 days behind the rest and we will probably run with the aero measuring gizmos all the time to find out if the correlation between cfd/tunnel and the track is sound.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
Greg_OR 20 February, 2019 22:17
Quote:
ihme
Quote:
Mikef1
Quote:
Austrian-Williams-Fan
cooling hole. any pictures of last year to compare?

They certainly need to button that up a bit. Diffuser perhaps not incomplete there are 3 verticle outwash winglets in there but you would expect more towards the middle

Other teams are also running with huge opening at their backs. I guess if the aero near the coke bottle is efficient enough this wont be such a problem for us this time:
I aligned FW42 with RB photo to have it clear, and RB hole is much narrower but little higher over exhaust, in FW42 I can see inner side walls in the opening and this is proximately the size of RB openning. Another interesting thing is that there are some holes (inlets) visible between outer and inner side walls of rear engine cover.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
ihme 20 February, 2019 22:25
Quote:
tomazy
Here is a piace missing in the bardgeboards I would imagine, you can see an attacment that does not attaches to anything today.
https://i.ibb.co/L9KfvR0/3.jpg

Seems to me like we are missing way more pieces of the bargeboards:

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-TKRQ_JTcWkc/XG21OnhdRYI/AAAAAAAAoTg/qlov-I6obXErJ_GVyo7gZv0GVvV7kA6AwCEwYBhgL/s1600/deflektory.jpg

Re: Test day 3 and 4
GPL 20 February, 2019 22:29
1:17s 1:18s is quite quick i was asking for 1;21s 1:20s. just to check on the cars
turn of speed because we are so far behind in testing.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
Mikef1 20 February, 2019 22:46
Quote:
GPL
1:17s 1:18s is quite quick i was asking for 1;21s 1:20s. just to check on the cars
turn of speed because we are so far behind in testing.

They will build themselves up over the course of the day you can only learn so much driving an f1 car slowly. At some point you need to force air through the thing, get air flowing properly over the surfaces. That's when you really find out what's going down.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
phatjack 20 February, 2019 23:20
A glory run like TR's wouldn't hurt in building confidence though.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
Greg_OR 21 February, 2019 00:08
they cannot push to the limit at this stage, after 200+ problem free laps its possible, now would be stupid, empty tank and super softs will not give 1:17 without pushing hard.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
GoWilliams! 21 February, 2019 00:09
If I were Williams I just do nice easy runs and worry about performance runs next test. We cant afford a mistake tmrw. So if Williams dont do 1:20 or 1:21's tmrw im not worried we are to far behind in terms of just gathering aero data or just data in gerneral.

Current Page: 18 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net