Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 19 of 36
Re: Test day 3 and 4
shriekback 21 February, 2019 00:16
Quote:
dot_com
George seems to have a really good attitude. Iím sure this will help rally the team around him and be really useful from a team marketing perspective.

I strongly agree. Both he and Robert seem like really bright, likable people, and both comported themselves very well during what must have been a really trying few days, If we were all half beside ourselves as fans, just imagine how frustrating the delayed arrival to testing was for them!

Robert perhaps just made himself scarce to keep his frustration to himself while George managed to stay outwardly upbeat and positive. Both approaches at least made nothing worse and were far better than we might have seen from other drivers under similar circumstances. Imagine the whinging we would have seen from Verstappen, or Lance for that matter, were their testing held-up.

In any case, I can't imagine that George and Robert have not already been of significant value in terms of attracting sponsors (apart from the obvious tie-ins like Orlen) and that that they will not continue to be so. The head of ROKiT indicated that chief among his reasons for choosing Williams over other teams was that it was British. I doubt it hurt anything that one of its drivers was also British, and talented, articulate and likable to boot.

I was already more excited about them as a driver pairing than any Williams have had for a very long time, but I am even more sold on them, at least as characters and team players, now.

shriekback 21 February, 2019 00:42
Quote:
Greg_OR
Quote:
williams4284
please post a photo of the car
here you go - form every angle [www.f1technical.net]

Thanks for the link Greg_OR!

Ozzy Osbone 21 February, 2019 01:25
This is certainly potentially the best driver line up we have had for many years. Real talent in both seats.

George seems to have the knack with the media too which won't hurt.

dot_com 21 February, 2019 03:16
Lovely post from George here. Showing real team spirit on what Iím sure was a really stressful start to his F1 career!

[www.instagram.com]

shriekback 21 February, 2019 04:10
I think the pairing of Bottas and Massa was a combination of two very talented drivers who at minimum put the car where it ought to have been in respect to the competition. I am not convinced, though I think Stroll and Sirotkin are both talented, that the Williams could be entirely confident they had that since Valtteri left.

The combination of George and Robert, on the other hand, may be a truly special pairing that proves able to put the car in a higher position than it really should be, in the way that Alonso willed the McLaren to more success than the car deserved last year.

I am super excited to watch them give it a go this year at the very least and hope like hell that the car proves to be one they can really work with.

I have felt really terrible for the devoted Kubica fans staring at an empty Williams garage for the most part this week and canít wait to see Robert get his first turn in the car later today.

Mr Brooksy 21 February, 2019 04:45
I haven't really been on the forums much, I was put off last year by some incessant complaining about stuff we couldn't fix. This year, even though we haven't started strongly, the fans mood seems better.

I really hope that we get to see some pace from the FW42 during some stage of pre season testing.

It's a relief to see the car, it's a relief to see it's not like the renders, it's a relief that heads haven't rolled (yet if you believe the rumours). The car has some nice details, and with more to come. The drivers lineup is encouraging and has more potential than we have seen for a while I feel.

As much as the last week has been hard to watch, I get the feeling we can expect a stronger year than last year if we knuckle down and get on with it. Next week will be super crucial to give us an idea as to where we might be in comparison to the competition.

I'll be particularly interested in how the car behaves on entry, mid corner and exit as well as traction and balance. Last year it was pretty obvious really in that the 41 was a handful from all the track side observations especially through turns 1, 2 and 3.

erratic 21 February, 2019 05:44
The talk amongst the commentators on Sky F1 yesterday suggested that the Alfa looked good on short and long runs, whilst McLaren looked ok on short, but the long not so much. Make of that what you will.

shriekback 21 February, 2019 07:39
I know that the Williams mechanics are only human and need to sleep like the rest of us, but hereís hoping that the parts that were missing from the car yesterday duly arrived over night and will be in their proper places on the car before the resumption of testing this morning. It would be great if Robert was in a full-spec FW42 ready to go at the exit of pit lane when the light first turns green.

Forza Robert indeed!

ihme 21 February, 2019 07:43
Why is Acronis only on Robert's helmet?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dz6bS9VXQAAxoqr.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/02/2019 07:44 by ihme.

Nuvolari 21 February, 2019 07:53
Quote:
ihme

At Russels helmet you see a big Mercedes logo in stead of the Acronis logo. I guess itís because Russell is a Mercedes junior driver and therefore has some extra Mercedes branding...

Andrew Hooper 21 February, 2019 07:59
Well Day 4 or is it Day 2 smiling smiley about to get underway with Robert driving. Hope we see lots of laps, lots of data collection, new aero parts on what I hope is a productive day of playing catch-up.

Then the team can go away and use the break to get well and truly ready for the second test.

Nuvolari 21 February, 2019 08:04
Kubica already on the track (installation lap probably).

Niedzwiedz 21 February, 2019 08:10
Some changes to the back of the car (diffuser and plates of rear wing) but the bargeboards the same I guess...

shriekback 21 February, 2019 08:17
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
Well Day 4 or is it Day 2 smiling smiley

I like this idea: Day 2 of testing. May it be a great one for Williams.

Gwanni 21 February, 2019 08:17
yes kubica did the installation already. Nice way to start the day.

ihme 21 February, 2019 08:18
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dz6hl6sXcAAP93b.jpg

EagleF1 21 February, 2019 08:19
Acronis is on the top of Georgeís helmet

Mikef1 21 February, 2019 08:20
Quote:
Nuvolari
Quote:
ihme

At Russels helmet you see a big Mercedes logo in stead of the Acronis logo. I guess itís because Russell is a Mercedes junior driver and therefore has some extra Mercedes branding...

George has Acronis further up in the middle on the top because of the Mercedes logo

Gwanni 21 February, 2019 08:22
2 laps from Kubica but session red flagged already

09:18 Red flag. That was one of the strangest, slowest incidents we've ever seen. Norris was touring round at very low speed, then he got to Turn 5, had a tiny twitch at the rear and then ploughed straight on into the gravel! Bizarre.

Gwanni 21 February, 2019 08:24

Current Page: 19 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net