Latest news:

2020 Australian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 27 of 36
Re: Test day 3 and 4
GPL 21 February, 2019 14:27
What a shame for the team and George
this was always the danger.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
ihme 21 February, 2019 14:29
Are we going to run today at all?

Re: Test day 3 and 4
Gwanni 21 February, 2019 14:32
no comment looked promising but i guess they found some problems session already 90mins

Re: Test day 3 and 4
ihme 21 February, 2019 14:35
And Sky wont even mention us that we could have some problems. They should go to our garage and ask what the hell is going on but instead Pinkham is doing the interview with Haas.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
ihme 21 February, 2019 14:46
We started the engine and then we turned it off again.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
Gwanni 21 February, 2019 14:48
Nico Hulkenberg has finally made his first appearance of the afternoon. Still no sign of Russell though.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
Gwanni 21 February, 2019 14:52
Quick update from @WilliamsRacing - the team have made some changes to @GeorgeRussell63’s car since lunch and he’ll be back out on track shortly. #F1Testing

Re: Test day 3 and 4
ihme 21 February, 2019 14:54
Russell in the car, engine is on

Re: Test day 3 and 4
Francesc 21 February, 2019 14:55
Finally out on track.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
CLOVERLEAF 888 21 February, 2019 14:59
Jesus. Sky commentary team say Kubica has said the car has made a step forward but several steps backwards as well.. And that his body language in the interview didn't look of a guy that impressed. Well if its the interview I saw, I didn't think that or hear him say that. So not sure what they are on about

Re: Test day 3 and 4
Gwanni 21 February, 2019 15:02
how can make a step forward and several backwards?

Re: Test day 3 and 4
ihme 21 February, 2019 15:02
Quote:
CLOVERLEAF 888
Jesus. Sky commentary team say Kubica has said the car has made a step forward but several steps backwards as well.. And that his body language in the interview didn't look of a guy that impressed. Well if its the interview I saw, I didn't think that or hear him say that. So not sure what they are on about

That was Buxton, he hates Kubica. What Robert said was: "Asked if he felt that the car represented a step, he said: "In some ways it is a step forward. For the others, not necessarily."

We just need more running.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/02/2019 15:04 by ihme.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
j-s 21 February, 2019 15:04
So, apparently the team built the car in "probably five times shorter time than normally should be" according to Kubica.

That's not good. Occam's razor says they designed something that didn't work and had to do it again. I can't think of another reasonable explanation.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
CLOVERLEAF 888 21 February, 2019 15:05
Quote:
Gwanni
how can make a step forward and several backwards?

They are referring to its made a step forward in one area but made steps back in several other areas

Re: Test day 3 and 4
GPL 21 February, 2019 15:08
Just read some of the interview from Roberts morning and he says some good points some still average but still waiting for some more new small parts.

early days lets wait till next weekend.

If i was to read between the lines i would maybe say balance is better but maybe still average down force.

That would be my guess but i have no real idea.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
ihme 21 February, 2019 15:08
Quote:
j-s
So, apparently the team built the car in "probably five times shorter time than normally should be" according to Kubica.
That's not good. Occam's razor says they designed something that didn't work and had to do it again. I can't think of another reasonable explanation.

Kubica: Williams built car five times quicker than usual

Robert Kubica praised how quickly his Williams crew completed building the team’s FW42 chassis after it was hit by delays.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
ihme 21 February, 2019 15:11
Quote:
GPL
Just read some of the interview from Roberts morning and he says some good points some still average but still waiting for some more new small parts.
early days lets wait till next weekend.

If i was to read between the lines i would maybe say balance is better but maybe still average down force.

That would be my guess but i have no real idea.

Kubica with a full ride was always like that. He said he wasnt even happy after winning the canadian gp because he could have drove that race better.
We should not expect him to be all happy and positive in front of the cameras now - even if the car will be good.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
Gwanni 21 February, 2019 15:11
Russell improves to a 1:21.287. Just 53 laps on the board for Williams so far today.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
j-s 21 February, 2019 15:12
Yeah Ihme, that's a good way of paraphrasing it.

What I'm wondering about is the CAUSES at Grove, not an interpretation of Kubica's motive to say things.

Re: Test day 3 and 4
GPL 21 February, 2019 15:12
Lets see if the changes do anything for us.

Current Page: 27 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net