2020 Australian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 30 of 36
Re: Test day 3 and 4
Gwanni 21 February, 2019 16:43
17:39 Williams has at least set something resembling a proper lap time today, but the team is still going through basic aero runs when it gets a chance. Russell returns to the pits with giant aero rakes behind the front wheels.

Gwanni 21 February, 2019 16:51
9 mins to go i guess this is it 62 laps today. not much

Mehryar 21 February, 2019 16:53
Hugely disappointing comments from Kubica.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Andrew Hooper 21 February, 2019 16:54
And that red flag I would say is it for the first test.

Williams-123 21 February, 2019 16:54
Quote:
Mehryar
Hugely disappointing comments from Kubica.

What did he say???

Bond 21 February, 2019 16:55
Quote:
Anderis
I find it a bit worrying that most of the teams had managed better lap times and more mileage on day 1 alone than we did today.

In a half day RK ran 1m21s:
[www.autosport.com]

vs. 1st day for other teams:

[www.autosport.com]

Not making excuses but like ihme mentioned: on the next to hardest tires & not all the go-fast parts bolted on.

Mehryar 21 February, 2019 16:55
Of his brief time in the new car, the Pole told reporters in Barcelona, You can get a feel of it, its not like the car is completely off. I think there is still something to put on to the car, but probably not a lot, for sure there are things that were compromised.

---------------------------

Here you can see it, but worse in the following :

Asked to compare the new car to its disastrous predecessor, Kubica said, In some ways it is a step forward. For the others, not necessarily. The question is if we have done a bigger step forward and smaller backwards, because of regulations. Then its a question of balancing.

At this stage its not correct to talk about the performance of the car, or feelings. We will see next weekend

Gwanni 21 February, 2019 16:56
With four and a half minutes to go, the session has resumed.

Mehryar 21 February, 2019 16:59
Anyway, I don't go to that these tyre deltas anymore.
Last year we did it and the result was we are 4th best car when the timesheets had one thing in common : Williams being last or near last.

Next week should offer a better & proper picture about teams performances...People start to show their hands and if we finish at the bottom again, we should forget about first few races before an update or something comes.

Stuart L 21 February, 2019 17:00
George weaving warming tyres (yellow), looks like a last lap flyer

Gwanni 21 February, 2019 17:02
17 laps and 48 laps =65 Laps

Andrew Hooper 21 February, 2019 17:03
He was on what was a going to be PB but would pit not improving his time. So that is the end of the first test.

One can only hope Williams will go away and come back well prepared for the second test.

Gwanni 21 February, 2019 17:04
after all said and done despite the mishap, we are still dead last

ihme 21 February, 2019 17:05
Quote:
Mehryar
Of his brief time in the new car, the Pole told reporters in Barcelona, You can get a feel of it, its not like the car is completely off. I think there is still something to put on to the car, but probably not a lot, for sure there are things that were compromised.
---------------------------

Here you can see it, but worse in the following :

Asked to compare the new car to its disastrous predecessor, Kubica said, In some ways it is a step forward. For the others, not necessarily. The question is if we have done a bigger step forward and smaller backwards, because of regulations. Then its a question of balancing.

At this stage its not correct to talk about the performance of the car, or feelings. We will see next weekend

That's his usual tonne od speak grinning smiley He was speaking like that even in 2010. If he's not saying its undriveable or embarassing like he did after driving the FW41 that really means its not that bad. He just wants more mileage.
He also said that he couldnt wait for these 12 laps where he could drive somewhat normally but 12 laps is not a lot...
But George had even worse day today. We need to do a big push mileage-wise next week. I only hope that we are mostly done with the aero testing.

Gwanni 21 February, 2019 17:06
ROKiT WILLIAMS RACING
‏Verified account @WilliamsRacing
8s8 seconds ago

#GR63 completes his final lap and brings the first test to a close.

Its been a tough week but the whole team is working hard and focused on pushing on with the test programme next week 💪

ihme 21 February, 2019 17:09
Quote:
Gwanni
after all said and done despite the mishap, we are still dead last

We were doing aero work today, hard to expect that we would do proper fast laps. I'm guessing the engine was detuned too. Perhaps we wanted to save it for some proper push next week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/02/2019 17:10 by ihme.

Gwanni 21 February, 2019 17:12
They did not go for glory runs and that is remarkable as i thought they could find themselves in a position to do something positive. They felt that there is no need to do so and they focused on aero.

Stuart L 21 February, 2019 17:14
Giovarnizi stopped on track. Spoilt flyer.

A few observations;

1. Had Lewis smashed into Kubiica rather than missing him this morning wed all have been in bits.

2. Mercedes , Ferrari, hondas (two teams) and Renault all closed up relative to recent.

3. Force Pointless India arent that far ahead of us. He he he. Would love to beat them more than anyone else.

4. I wonder if Paddy will resign even if he isnt sacked. Maybe management have hung him out to dry. If the car turns out to be good, maybe he will say get stuffed...you didnt back me when chips were down.

5. Maybe Paddy made the right calls, refused to sign off parts because pace wasnt there and insisted we push on with development pre sign off. If thats the case maybe its the right call.

6. I have no idea whether our car is good.

7. I think George Russell is a great young man, full of charisma, brilliant asset fir the team.

8. Weve dominated tv on sky shows the last two days. Recons stands out so much better in white type against black background on team jackets than in the car.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/02/2019 17:18 by Stuart L.

ihme 21 February, 2019 17:21
RK's interview for Sky: [streamable.com]

Mehryar 21 February, 2019 17:29
I think it's better to stay 100% pessimitic after this test.Yes the car looks interesting in its design but that's it.
The problems we heard in last 2-3 days are in its place.
1.Our TD is not in good terms with the team.No matter what Claire says from now on, there was (and maybe is) a big problem in the team & if the problem is around the key part of the team (TD) it's enough to kill a Ferrari too.

2.Those talks of being 1-2 seconds off is not cleared.They're still there and what happened with our car delay and then with Paddy Lowe, shows that all of paddock talks are not rubbish.You can't be selective and accept rumor1 and rumor2 but ignore the 3rd one only because a specific journo has written about it too...unless you see something on track (in a consistant way) to prove it was a false rumor.

So, I still fear this season even more than race 3-4 of last season when we were faced with the naked truth...We have a car which is said to be slow comming outta factory, we have missed 40% of testing, we have missed the shakedown, we are behind our plan in making the car ready, for this you need a big/proffesional/exceptional technical team to recover, we don't have such a team, even our sole exceptional thing is at odds with our team boss...Find a good thing out of it now! For me it's only George being what I was expecting, really matured.Look what Albon, Gasly or... were doing with proper cars.

Current Page: 30 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net