2020 Australian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 31 of 36
Re: Test day 3 and 4
j-s 21 February, 2019 17:31
I wouldnt read THAT much into it. However, had the team posted something around 1.19 I would be excited. So it's just my bias trying to optimistically explain the slow times.

Compromised car, late arrival, no filming day, it adds up. It all has an effect. Whether or not a 1.20.997 is good or not, I don't know. I hope it's good for what the team has done so far. But who knows.

Most troubling is the limited amount of laps. I wish the team could've gone through the program a bit quicker and settled into some long runs or a sustained cycle of shorter runs.

Finally, regarding Kubica's comments... If he tells it like it is, fantastic. I applaud him for being frank and direct. We need that. Saying something rational in a blunt way is more useful than trying to spin it into a kumbayá PR snippet. Everybody should be held accountable. If the driver comments serve that purpose, great.

Kubica has waited a long time to get back to F1, and his place on the grid is far for guaranteed going forward. He has a lot at stake. He's justifiably impatient to get things going. So give the man more laps, Paddy!

ihme 21 February, 2019 17:41
Quote:
j-s
I wouldnt read THAT much into it. However, had the team posted something around 1.19 I would be excited. So it's just my bias trying to optimistically explain the slow times.
Compromised car, late arrival, no filming day, it adds up. It all has an effect. Whether or not a 1.20.997 is good or not, I don't know. I hope it's good for what the team has done so far. But who knows.

Most troubling is the limited amount of laps. I wish the team could've gone through the program a bit quicker and settled into some long runs or a sustained cycle of shorter runs.

Finally, regarding Kubica's comments... If he tells it like it is, fantastic. I applaud him for being frank and direct. We need that. Saying something rational in a blunt way is more useful than trying to spin it into a kumbayá PR snippet. Everybody should be held accountable. If the driver comments serve that purpose, great.

Kubica has waited a long time to get back to F1, and his place on the grid is far for guaranteed going forward. He has a lot at stake. He's justifiably impatient to get things going. So give the man more laps, Paddy!

Yes, I wouldnt take todays running as a benchmark of what the FW42 is or isnt, today we were just doing various checks.
From what Robert is saying we are preparing as much as possible for the 2nd round. We are going all-in there.
Gary Anderson said a lot of positive things about our car, Johnny Herbert too. To me it looks like we arent going to talk directly if it's better or not than the FW41 - we did that last year and ended up wit a lot of empty promises and a terrible car.
I hope we will hear from George soon too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/02/2019 17:42 by ihme.

Gwanni 21 February, 2019 17:42
Robert Kubica says the delay in getting @WilliamsRacing's 2019 car to pre-season testing means they have done no preparation yet for when racing starts in Melbourne next month. #F1Testing

[www.gpfans.com]

ihme 21 February, 2019 17:46
Quote:
Gwanni
Robert Kubica says the delay in getting @WilliamsRacing's 2019 car to pre-season testing means they have done no preparation yet for when racing starts in Melbourne next month. #F1Testing
[www.gpfans.com]

Of course we havent, thats what the 2nd round is for us. I just hope we can recover as much as possible.

erratic 21 February, 2019 17:52
Way to motivate all those hard working people back at the factory Robert. I think GR will beat him this year, and quite convincingly too.

ihme 21 February, 2019 17:58
Quote:
erratic
Way to motivate all those hard working people back at the factory Robert. I think GR will beat him this year, and quite convincingly too.

??

j-s 21 February, 2019 18:06
A note on Russell. Yeah, he's a charming young guy. But mark my words, that charm and comfort in front of the cameras will become incredibly jarring if he doesn't perform.

Ozzy Osbone 21 February, 2019 18:13
He'll perform. My only concern with him is his aggression level. Compared to Norris or indeed Albon, he seems one of those who struggles to attack. Maybe this is not fair but I have followed him through the juniors. Give him a fast car and he'll cruise it but I don't think he's much of a street fighter. We will see.

At least our line up is credible this year.

j-s 21 February, 2019 18:13
Quote:
erratic

Puh-lease..! They're adults. If you can't stomach RK at this point you're going to have a long and miserable season as a fan. Best of luck.

ihme 21 February, 2019 18:21
Quote:
j-s
Quote:
erratic

Puh-lease..! They're adults. If you can't stomach RK at this point you're going to have a long and miserable season as a fan. Best of luck.

I think he misunderstood was KUB was saying. It's not like he was talking that our factory guys were slacking or anything like that (why would he?!), but he was talking about the causes for all the delays that were responsible for our issues with parts being late and our guysworking overtime/hectic/in bad mood. If anything I'm positive he cares about the team and was just upset what was happening.

It's obvious that the overall mismanagement or miscommunication between departments were responsivle for our delays - something that our TD should have taken/is taking care of.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/02/2019 18:23 by ihme.

ralf111 21 February, 2019 18:24
https://i.imgur.com/GVynXxg.png

Francesc 21 February, 2019 18:36
What could be the parts that Robert referred to being compromised on the car? The brakes maybe?

Let's hope they get it right from Tuesday morning and manage 150 laps per day. I wonder how much laptime will cost us in Australia missing 3 days of testing.

Gwanni 21 February, 2019 18:46
Ralf there goes the 2 second gap

ihme 21 February, 2019 19:00
Russell: New Williams feels "nice", "stable" despite setbacks

[www.motorsport.com]

Gwanni 21 February, 2019 19:06
Good read and share ihme

Gunk 21 February, 2019 19:08
I think Robert is also referring to a step forward but subtracting the new regulation defecit.

The ;problem last year was that the car was undriveable and unfixable . . . so if we can complete the build with no issues it's all good. We have something to develop.

Someone mentioned earlier . . . everyone seems to have produced a half-decent car. There aren't many weaknesses on the grid these days. Plus our 'B' team rivals are being handed proven parts, tech and expertise . . . not just dosh. A couple of years ago Sauber couldn't pay their electricity bill and Haas were total newbies . . .

I don't like B teams, but if they are here to stay we are going to have to take another look at closer co-operation with Merc, IMO.

Ozzy Osbone 21 February, 2019 19:10
Quote:
ralf111
https://i.imgur.com/GVynXxg.png

GR's time is not adjusted. Surely it should be a 20.4? So nearly half a second up on KUB.

dot_com 21 February, 2019 19:11
I think we can only compare our times today with the times from the other cars after half or one day of testing. That’s all we’ve really had. Next week I’m hoping the new aero parts will be fitted and we can start to look for lap times. Our car isn’t really ready for fast laps this week.

Ozzy Osbone 21 February, 2019 19:14
Edit, I see how it works now. My apologies.

ihme 21 February, 2019 19:15
edit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/02/2019 19:16 by ihme.

Current Page: 31 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net