Current Page: 32 of 36
Re: Test day 3 and 4
ralf111 21 February, 2019 19:24
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Quote:
ralf111
https://i.imgur.com/GVynXxg.png

GR's time is not adjusted. Surely it should be a 20.4? So nearly half a second up on KUB.

GR time is not adjusted because he was on C3 tyres when set he's fastest time ,all times are adjusted to C3 tyres,so basically GR time stay as it was.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/02/2019 19:25 by ralf111.

ralf111 21 February, 2019 19:29
Paddy Lowe, Chief Technical Officer: The start of our first proper pre-season testing with the FW42. The final few parts had arrived overnight, so we started the day with a complete car. The main focus of the programme has been data gathering particularly around aerodynamics with only a very modest amount of performance running for the drivers just to get some initial feedback. Neither driver was able to get enough laps to really find the limits of the car. The morning was a much better session for Robert in the sense of objectives achieved. Unfortunately, we had a small fault at the end of the morning session which took a long time to correct and so we were late out for the afternoon and had a mixture of other small problems and red flags. This meant we didn’t achieve all our intent with George. Nevertheless, both drivers have had their first look at the car with some interesting feedback already and we have some valuable data to take back to the factory. Our focus will now move to achieving a solid programme in the four days of testing next week. Thanks once again to all the team for the huge effort they have put in over the last week. It has been a very difficult process for everybody, but we are now moving forwards.

Robert Kubica: It was my first time out in the car, so it does not feel like day four of testing, but day one. This morning we spent the time gathering data, signing off tests for the engineering department and trying to put mileage on the car. I had 12 performance laps in the car, so it is too early to talk about feelings, those will become clearer next week. It would be better to have more time in the car as Australia is not far off, from both a driver and a car point of view. Everybody has their own job in the team and I must concentrate on mine to ensure that we are in the best possible shape for the first race.

George Russell: It was very important to get some mileage under our belt and get a feel for the car. It gives us a good understanding of where we are at, our limitations and what we need to work on next week. The car felt stable and I had a good feeling, but I am still yet to reach the full performance from the car. We are all excited to get back out on track on Tuesday but first we have a lot of work to do to make sure that the car is in the best possible state, that we have no issues and we can get the laps because we have some catching up to do.

[www.williamsf1.com]

Gwanni 21 February, 2019 19:51
So the car is complete

ihme 21 February, 2019 19:55
"only a very modest amount of performance running for the drivers just to get some initial feedback"

So this car could be fast after all.

j-s 21 February, 2019 20:27
Trust the press releases at your own risk, guys.

Bond 21 February, 2019 20:53
Quote:
ralf111
https://i.imgur.com/GVynXxg.png

Over what time frame is this?
All 4 days?
Today only?

Bond 21 February, 2019 20:53
Dupe post - API issues

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/02/2019 20:54 by Bond.

Ozzy Osbone 21 February, 2019 21:18
If you look at that chart, it's not actually so dismal. We have yet to have a full day running. Ferrari have put in many hundreds of laps and we are 2.7 behind without pushing for a hot lap I assume. 2 seconds behind the car in 7th.

2 seconds may be an eternity in F1 but we can be sure we have not pushed the car at all yet or gone for a single lap time.

We will have to wait and see but I have some hope that this season is not going to be as dire as last.

Even if we can start a stable platform which can be developed over the months and years without having to admit fundamental flaws, that would be something.

phatjack 21 February, 2019 21:36
Quote:
Gunk
I think Robert is also referring to a step forward but subtracting the new regulation defecit.
The ;problem last year was that the car was undriveable and unfixable . . . so if we can complete the build with no issues it's all good. We have something to develop.

Someone mentioned earlier . . . everyone seems to have produced a half-decent car. There aren't many weaknesses on the grid these days. Plus our 'B' team rivals are being handed proven parts, tech and expertise . . . not just dosh. A couple of years ago Sauber couldn't pay their electricity bill and Haas were total newbies . . .

I don't like B teams, but if they are here to stay we are going to have to take another look at closer co-operation with Merc, IMO.

RK is echoing what most have expressed on this board, with the exception he has to drive said car.

Funny RK tells it like it is much like Sir Frank and the board goes bananas.

Hang in fellows, as an outsider I see progress.

ihme 21 February, 2019 21:36
Can someone elighten me why is Paddy saying that the we started today with a complete car, when our drivers are telling exactly the opposite:

"I think there's still something to put on the car, probably not a lot, but for sure there are things that were compromised."

"Like Kubica, who said that the FW42 was running in a "compromised" state, Russell admitted that the team is not yet fielding the definitive 2019 car:"

“It’s definitely not in its full state let’s say, we’ve definitely got some work to do just to optimise everything. Because it was all last minute, things weren’t 100%, and it was a matter of just trying to get the car on track in whatever means possible, really."

What is going on here?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/02/2019 21:37 by ihme.

Mikef1 21 February, 2019 21:46
Quote:
ihme
Can someone elighten me why is Paddy saying that the we started today with a complete car, when our drivers are telling exactly the opposite:
"I think there's still something to put on the car, probably not a lot, but for sure there are things that were compromised."

"Like Kubica, who said that the FW42 was running in a "compromised" state, Russell admitted that the team is not yet fielding the definitive 2019 car:"

“It’s definitely not in its full state let’s say, we’ve definitely got some work to do just to optimise everything. Because it was all last minute, things weren’t 100%, and it was a matter of just trying to get the car on track in whatever means possible, really."

What is going on here?

I mean if we've learned one thing about Williams over the last few weeks it's that they can't communicate. The FW42 certainly didn't appear to have any missing parts

Francesc 21 February, 2019 21:48
From the outside those contradicting sentences make the team look like a mess.

Mikef1 21 February, 2019 22:21
Quote:
Francesc
From the outside those contradicting sentences make the team look like a mess.

I mean right now they are. Let's hope they take this weekend to strip the car down and put it back together properly. Make sure it's all good and ready for some serious work next week and start fresh. All things considered I don't think they did a bad job and the first non aero runs weren't shocking. If the team can get 500 laps out of the car next week it will go a long way and if the times are good this mess will quickly be forgotten

GPL 21 February, 2019 22:25
Lets wait till next Tuesday evening.

The new car seems stable and true in the corners and ok under braking so they tell us.

i think it needs more down force maybe i can not think what else Robert is
referring to when he says we still have a weak area??

The short stints were ok but only 5 or 6 lap really we need 15 to 20 lap stints to judge properly

We have no idea yet if it has a turn of speed.

ihme 21 February, 2019 22:27
I heard that we are doing a filming day tomorrow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/02/2019 22:28 by ihme.

phatjack 21 February, 2019 22:29
Quote:
Mikef1
Quote:
ihme

What is going on here?

I mean if we've learned one thing about Williams over the last few weeks it's that they can't communicate. The FW42 certainly didn't appear to have any missing parts

Mikef1, PR only buys you so much time, they sqeaked in some needed time for their sponors flying bits and pieces across Europe. The FW42 needs considerable work and no amount of PR will buy the time needed.

Williams-123 22 February, 2019 02:06
Quote:
erratic
Way to motivate all those hard working people back at the factory Robert. I think GR will beat him this year, and quite convincingly too.

This post is going to upset Kubica fans (Sm129)

GoWilliams! 22 February, 2019 02:51
hard to tell really anything at all were we stand. Its all up to next week for us. If we are still at the bottom of the time sheets next week. Then unfortunately I think were going to be the slowest team come Australia. Williams has to make some type of impression at the next test imo.

j-s 22 February, 2019 02:58
I don't think they're contradictory. Just different messages and purposes behind them.

Poring over the PR is useless. The car speaks louder and clearer. It'll talk soon enough. Not yet though.

tomazy 22 February, 2019 05:25
Well, the car is missing the monkey šest wing, and the wing on the shark fin whatever it is calld, Twing? Car has attachment points for them.

Current Page: 32 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net