Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
China Race
Discussion started by Andrew Hooper , 14 April, 2019 05:05
China Race
Andrew Hooper 14 April, 2019 05:05
Well its race day. Not that it means much but at least I can say that the Williams drivers are not starting from the last row of the grid.

But in reality they are facing the prospect of running last in the race. But keep positive as both drivers do seem to be making slightly positive comments regarding the car and their understanding of it.

Will be interesting to see how they play the strategy card as I wonder whether the drivers will run the same or opposite.

Re: China Race
Williams-123 14 April, 2019 05:47
Any rain around??? I would like to see a wet race, seems like ages since I have seen a wet race.

Andrew Hooper 14 April, 2019 06:09
Just about every other motor sport event this weekend have been hit by rain and in one case even snow.

Gwanni 14 April, 2019 07:04
hi

Gwanni 14 April, 2019 07:16
both mclaren damaged

Gwanni 14 April, 2019 07:17
we need lots of contacts

Damon96 14 April, 2019 07:44
Vettel is really starting to look rattled, Leclerc is doing a good job.

Gwanni 14 April, 2019 07:59
silly strategy from ferrari to penalise leclerc

Damon96 14 April, 2019 08:15
Quote:
Gwanni
silly strategy from ferrari to penalise leclerc

Protecting the ego of driver number 1. They seem to be screwing up his strategy again.

Didn't realise how little tv coverage we get live, not even a single Pitstop shown.

Andrew Hooper 14 April, 2019 09:10
Well another race to forget for Williams. Bring on Azerbaijan and maybe we will see some new parts on the car given its a European race. So little that is positive to take away from China.

Mehryar 14 April, 2019 09:14
Great job by George once again, 3 out of 3.
No offense to Robert but the fact that George doesn't make silly mistakes of a rookie, specially in a difficult car, is just brilliant.

I think we finished the race 1 minute off from next car.That means over a second per lap so...There was not a difference in our form since last GP.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Gunk 14 April, 2019 11:00
Quote:
Mehryar
Great job by George once again, 3 out of 3.
No offense to Robert but the fact that George doesn't make silly mistakes of a rookie, specially in a difficult car, is just brilliant.

I think we finished the race 1 minute off from next car.That means over a second per lap so...There was not a difference in our form since last GP.

According to Pitpass, Gasly finished 1.29 off the lead. Everyone from Ricciardo to Giovinazzi was one lap down, both Williams 2 laps down.

I didn't bother to get up for this race and it doesn't look like I missed much. Will catch the highlights.

Gwanni 14 April, 2019 11:24
Comfortable Last

Myvatn 14 April, 2019 11:58
Pace looked almost decent in the first few laps, when both drivers were passed easily by Kvyat and Albon, but then stayed not too far from the midfield group.

Afterwards it was as terrible as in AUS and Bahrain.
RUS is still consistently faster than KUB in race trim, despite the additional stop. His fastest lap was 2.5 seconds slower than Gasly’s, so I would guess that tyre management is quite an issue too (that would also explain why we fall back after the first ten laps or so).

Williams-123 14 April, 2019 12:22
Williams are looking good this year to not score one single WCC point.

This once great team have sunk.

Gunk 14 April, 2019 16:50
Well, watched the highlights. Very much a tyre management race.

Pointless team orders from Ferrari early on, after which they left LeClerc out far too long.

Why do they do it?

Next to Williams, the other big disappointment must be Renault. 4 DNFs so far out of 6 possible finishes. Apparently all the Renault powered cars had a new spec MGU-K. But there are other issues as well . . . like Hulk's engine going into safe mode during Q. His retirement today was yet another software issue.

Disappointing too is that Renault's target was to get closer to Mercedes this year, but the gap is the same.

Channel 4 had Ocon as a guest commentator today. It really is hard to see where he could slot back in, even if he tore up his Merc contract.

Gwanni 14 April, 2019 17:13
Team Report

[l.facebook.com]

Mehryar 14 April, 2019 18:02
Re-Ocon,
I believe if Bottas keep doing what he's doing atm, Mercedes can dig deeper in their pocket to find a seat for him.Then choices would be Force India or Williams.

Mikef1 14 April, 2019 18:06
Quote:
Mehryar
Re-Ocon,
I believe if Bottas keep doing what he's doing atm, Mercedes can dig deeper in their pocket to find a seat for him.Then choices would be Force India or Williams.

Bottas is just doing what he did at the start of last season but minus the bad luck. Let's see how that develops, as long as hes still not a million miles behind Hamilton on pace and points Mercedes wont make bogey strategy calls on his car and his performance and motivation over the year could be a lot better. Unfortunately for him, the guy in the other car is the (opinion) best driver in F1 history so winning a WDC will take some doing. I dont think he has it in him to beat Hamilton over a season

Mehryar 14 April, 2019 18:08
Quote:
Gwanni
Team Report
[l.facebook.com]

Well, I don't think Robert could give less care about something than what he's expressed today about his race!
Nice job!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net