Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mazapan rumours
Discussion started by Albi-Quin , 17 April, 2019 13:29
Mazapan rumours
Albi-Quin 17 April, 2019 13:29
Dmitry Mazepin, father of Nikita, a pilot who plays in Formula 2, is a Russian entrepreneur who, after challenging Stroll sr. to acquire Force India, he would be ready to take over Williams' shares to pave the way for his son in F1 and secure Grove's team.

In the weekend of the Chinese Grand Prix the first confirmations were leaked regarding a negotiation between Williams and Dmitry Mazepin, father of Nikita, a driver who is competing in this season in Formula 2.

However, the topic under discussion is not (at least in direct form) the career of the twenty-year-old Russian pilot, but the possibility that Mazepin Sr. can acquire control of the Grove team

From motorsport.com

Re: Mazapan rumours
Williams-123 17 April, 2019 14:05
(Sm17)(Sm17)(Sm17)(Sm18)(Sm18)(Sm18)

Gunk 17 April, 2019 15:02
Actually, they could sell Williams F1 . . . which is now at a huge disadvantage from both the big spenders and the B teams, and set up a Formula E team. Later they can return and be competitive when F1 inevitably goes electric/becomes a dinosaur.

They would more than likely get works support in FE too.

When Smedley left, he opined that just about every department at Williams needed restructuring. That's a huge investment to be possibly only best of the rest.

Andrew Hooper 18 April, 2019 12:48
The rumours are nonsense.

boro1986willliamsf1 18 April, 2019 15:04
I will only believe it when its signed and delivered till then Williams f1 till they collapse

100% Williams
WILL SUPPORT WILLIAMS AS LONG AS THEY HAVE A TEAM

CLOVERLEAF 888 18 April, 2019 15:13
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
The rumours are nonsense.

Why are they nonsense? is it not possible the other side requested a meeting with Williams and that took place?

or do you have inside info Andrew? (Sm128)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/04/2019 15:15 by CLOVERLEAF 888.

Mehryar 18 April, 2019 15:56
Tass confirmed this week: “The main shareholder of the company Uralkali, Dmitry Mazepin, is negotiating the purchase of the Williams F1 team.”

Well, Russians approaching is one thing, the desire to sell the team is another thing.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

speed 18 April, 2019 17:34
wow!! parents buying F1 teams to get their kids in has taken pay drives to a whole new level. I guess soon we would miss the days of pay-drivers!!

Damon96 18 April, 2019 17:35
Can’t see this, I could understand a major share to a car manufacturer, but selling up to someone who might use it as a play thing for their son then walk away? I think Williams care too much for their workforce and heritage to do that.

Also after what happened to TVR, I wouldn’t trust any Russian involvement.

Gunk 18 April, 2019 17:58
Quote:
Mehryar
Tass confirmed this week: “The main shareholder of the company Uralkali, Dmitry Mazepin, is negotiating the purchase of the Williams F1 team.”
Well, Russians approaching is one thing, the desire to sell the team is another thing.

Sure. But of course they wouldn't mind the money. The budget is reasonable but they must need a fortune to restructure and hire new people.

At the same time, I read that Racing Point is going to increase its collaboration with Mercedes . . . definitely the favoured B team.

Stroll got a seat for his son and the chance to invest in Williams, but no say whatsoever. Would Mazepin do any better?

We shall see.

phatjack 18 April, 2019 23:40
Quote:
speed
wow!! parents buying F1 teams to get their kids in has taken pay drives to a whole new level. I guess soon we would miss the days of pay-drivers!!

I can't afford an F1 Team, but as a parent can relate.

andy si 19 April, 2019 00:10
Quote:
Gunk
Quote:
Mehryar

Sure. But of course they wouldn't mind the money. The budget is reasonable but they must need a fortune to restructure and hire new people.

At the same time, I read that Racing Point is going to increase its collaboration with Mercedes . . . definitely the favoured B team.

Stroll got a seat for his son and the chance to invest in Williams, but no say whatsoever. Would Mazepin do any better?

We shall see.

Guys... now imagine 10 billionaires doing the same for their kids or themselves... and there goes the racing out the window.
It all comes down to a simple fact.. who wants to own a race team to have their kids go racing.. not create one.. who's got more money, not technical and business skill for an F1 startup.

SydneyF1Fan 19 April, 2019 02:42
Firstly you'd need to have a son (or daughter) who could cut it in F1 (and be happy with the risk of death or serious injury to them). Stroll isn't last on the grid so he at least has the basic skills and ambition.

Secondly, most billionaires got to where they are by making calculated business decisions. They're not going to throw endless money away trying to support their son's career unless they will get a decent return. Even if he had the best car, the most Stroll could aspire to would be a few race wins and perhaps a single WDC, at a stretch, which would be worth a few hundred million and some family pride - hardly worth blowing a few billion on.

That's why Stroll Snr invested as part of a syndicate and they would be hoping to make a commercial return on turning Racing Point into a race-winning team that they can sell for more money in the future, while helping fund Lance's ambitions as a bi-product.

In summary I don't think we should be concerned about the grid being taken over by billionaire parents any time soon. I do think Williams is going to have a tough time surviving independently, though, without some serious financial backing.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

dot_com 19 April, 2019 04:09
RaceFans is reporting that this is not true.

Dmitry Mazepin, the primary shareholder in Russian chemical conglomerate Uralkali, has not held talks with representatives with a view to acquiring Williams, a company spokesperson told RaceFans.

Reports stated that Mazepin, who controls 20 per cent of Uralkali and was one of the bidders for Force India after the team plunged into administration last year, held talks with Williams representatives in Shanghai during the Chinese Grand Prix weekend.

The reports also claimed Mazepin’s son, F2 driver Nikita, could be in line for a seat with the team in the event that a purchase is completed.

“The information that appeared in the media is untrue,” the spokesperson said. “Uralkali did not hold any negotiations regarding the purchase of the Williams team.”

Williams-123 19 April, 2019 09:49
Quote:
Firstly you'd need to have a son (or daughter) who could cut it in F1 (and be happy with the risk of death or serious injury to them). Stroll isn't last on the grid so he at least has the basic skills and ambition.

I agree with this because when I think about it if my father was a billionaire and could afford to buy a Formula 1 team I honestly do not think I would have the skill to drive a Formula 1 car.

Stroll may have got into Formula 1 because his father is rich but trust me he still can freaking drive.

I would say that 99.9999999999999999999999% of posters on this message board could not drive a Formula 1 car as good as Lance Stroll.

phatjack 19 April, 2019 10:35
Quote:
SydneyF1Fan
Secondly, most billionaires got to where they are by making calculated business decisions. They're not going to throw endless money away trying to support their son's career unless they will get a decent return. Even if he had the best car, the most Stroll could aspire to would be a few race wins and perhaps a single WDC, at a stretch, which would be worth a few hundred million and some family pride - hardly worth blowing a few billion on.

That's why Stroll Snr invested as part of a syndicate and they would be hoping to make a commercial return on turning Racing Point into a race-winning team that they can sell for more money in the future, while helping fund Lance's ambitions as a bi-product.

In summary I don't think we should be concerned about the grid being taken over by billionaire parents any time soon. I do think Williams is going to have a tough time surviving independently, though, without some serious financial backing.

Well said Syd. I would add owning a current F1 team, and handing it off to child just because.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 19/04/2019 10:37 by phatjack.

Williams-123 19 April, 2019 11:32
I would say that 99.9999999999999999999999% of posters on this message board could not drive a Formula 1 car as good as Lance Stroll.

Anderis 19 April, 2019 14:37
You have no clue about maths, Whitey. It's impossible to extract 0.0000000000000000000001% of people who are here who could drive a Formula 1 car as good as Lance Stroll. There are only about 7.5 billion people on Earth. Billion is a 9-digit number. And for your number to be meaningful, Earth's population number would need to be at least 24-digit.

Either use 100% or a number that contains no more than 7 decimals.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/04/2019 14:38 by Anderis.

AlanJones 19 April, 2019 14:48
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/80168820/oh-snap-someone-just-got-burned.jpg

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

SydneyF1Fan 19 April, 2019 22:46
I think Whitey is mathematically correct to the nearest person though, unless anyone here is a current or potential F1 driver.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net