Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Spanish GP: Race
tomazy 12 May, 2019 20:38
Dave Robson, Senior Race Engineer: Another difficult race for us but both drivers did well to avoid trouble and bring both cars home. The tyre compounds and conditions made numerous strategies viable with all three compounds being run at various times. The pitstop crew completed some very good stops and they continue to do a sterling job in difficult circumstances. Our attention now turns to the test where we will continue to develop the FW42.

George Russell: It was a standard Grand Prix for us. Our race pace was probably slower than the qualifying pace, so that is something for us to look at. It has been an intriguing weekend for us. We have brought some test items and got some decent information from those. I think we are going in the right direction.

Robert Kubica: I started quite well but was squeezed a bit between both Racing Points, so I had to lift off in the middle of the straight and lost quite a lot of ground there. I then lost a position to George but regained it in turn four. My first stint wasn’t looking too bad but, before he overtook me, I got called to change a few things on the steering wheel and I wasn’t expecting him to be so close. I wasn’t practically ready to defend and by the time I saw him in the mirror, it was too late. We changed the strategy during the race and I think it was good the Safety Car came out as it actually split our second stint, otherwise it would have been very difficult for us to manage the tyres until the end.

Williams distrected Robert so that George could overtake him? Or another excuse from Robert (Sm159)

Mehryar 12 May, 2019 21:15
Lol! Now excuse from chassis or floor switching to team asking for adjustments so George can overtake !

Last 14 laps after SC...clear track, same strategy, George being half a second faster.

You're only there cause of your cash mr.Kubica.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Gunk 12 May, 2019 21:42
What a pity for STR . . . a radio communication mix up apparently.

Interesting note: but for that team glitch, Honda would have had all four cars in the points including one on the podium.

CLOVERLEAF 888 13 May, 2019 09:38
I defended Kubica the other day but even I would say to blame the team for losing a place to Russell was not the smartest thing to say. Should have kept that to himself. I'm guessing he had to use his left hand to do it. So maybe a bad call on his part when he chose to adjust the settings. In his defence though, there does appear to be menu after menu to change settings. Is that something F1 should look at. Limit the drivers to what they can adjust.??

phatjack 13 May, 2019 09:52
Considering The Fw42 has finished +1 lap down to the 10 place finisher in each of the races, being passed by your team mate doesn't seem like a big issue.

Mehryar 13 May, 2019 10:04
As you repeatedly say this that because of how terrible Williams is doing so Robert's performance is acceptable, I would like to remind you F1 has 2 championships, one is for how constructors perform and the other one is about drivers.

If you can't divide these 2, you have serious problems to understand the sport you're watching.

Yes, Williams is doing a terrible job for 2years in a row and yes, Robert is a waste of space and is there only because of his $.Absolutely nothing else.

phatjack 13 May, 2019 10:14
No, I am saying neither drivers performance is acceptable because they have a car that belongs in Parc Ferme and not out on the race track.

Williams-123 13 May, 2019 12:22
Quote:
phatjack
No, I am saying neither drivers performance is acceptable because they have a car that belongs in Parc Ferme and not out on the race track.

Williams have a car that belongs in Parc Ferme (Sm18)

The Terminator 13 May, 2019 22:20
Quote:
Mehryar
As you repeatedly say this that because of how terrible Williams is doing so Robert's performance is acceptable, I would like to remind you F1 has 2 championships, one is for how constructors perform and the other one is about drivers.
If you can't divide these 2, you have serious problems to understand the sport you're watching.

Yes, Williams is doing a terrible job for 2years in a row and yes, Robert is a waste of space and is there only because of his $.Absolutely nothing else.

Like it or not Phat is correct. Williams could have Hamilton in place of Kubica, would it make any difference to either constructors or the drivers championship ?

You admit that Williams is doing a terrible job, Kubica could have the race of his life and the only place he would gain is against the other Williams. George is a great tallent, I have no doubt he will end up at Mercedes and one day be world champ, he is young and hungry for success, he knows that whatever happens to him at Wiiliams, better times lay ahead. Kubica knows this season was his last chance salon, it is becoming a young mans game and Williams have given him no chance to race in his comeback.

You don't like him, fair enough, but he will end up with the same amount of points as any other driver you chose to put in a Williams this season.

Mehryar 13 May, 2019 22:40
Again I make a simple point about F1...There are 2 different championships through a season.
And for your knowledge, the first rival of a driver is his team mate.

Looking at what SV got after 2018 season, you wonder where should Kubica end up.It has nothing to do with liking him or not.

phatjack 13 May, 2019 22:52
Mehryar, you make no sense. You seem to be arguing the driver makes a difference while Patrick Head said he was the difference in making Williams great.

Why bring Patrick back on board if he was full of bullocks?

Mehryar 13 May, 2019 23:02
Lol you have serious problems to stick to one topic.

Btw, ok please contact FIA too cause those stupids make alot of head to head comparisons between team mates, regardless of where their team is in the standings.Tell them to stop the nonsense.

Poor Vandoorne...He was sent out of F1, why? cause he was being beaten every weekend by one of the best drivers in last 2 decades...what a nonsense! their car was a backmarker in 2018! stupid guys are running Mclaren!

phatjack 13 May, 2019 23:20
No, lets argue the positive influence Patrick Head has made to date. Does he need more time?

j-s 14 May, 2019 01:17
Does PH still own any shares? Or did he cash out completely when he left?

Greg_OR 14 May, 2019 03:19
Come on Mehryar why don't you simply write "I hate Kubica, I cant watch as he is ruining my beloved team! Claire must fire him ASAP!!!" winking smiley
What have he done to you?
It took him 8 years to recover and he did something impossible, thats why he has so many fans not only for his driving skills but for a personality he is.
Than he managed to attract new big sponsor for YOUR TEAM helping a lot to survive in the darkest days of its history.
And you still try to convince everybody that Kubica deserves nothing. Because of what? Because in struggling team he is beaten by young gun? (Yes, I must admint that George impressed me a lot, I wish him all the best and I think he will match Verstappen and Leclerc in the future.)

I don't know what Williams is doing and no one knows - for PR they will always say they are racing and they never give up mid season bla bla..., but if I was in charge, I would just do testing instead of racing, because there is nothing to race for at this moment. I would save engines as much as possible believing that at some point in the season there will be chance to race other backmarkers. Of course everybody must think we are racing becouse we have contracts with FIA and sponsors and we've been given milions pounds just to entertain people.

And finally: I still believe that Kubica will yet surprise you many times (positively of course) smiling smiley

Williams-123 14 May, 2019 08:19
Mehryar is a crazy Williams die hard fan, he is so die hard Williams it is scary.......eye popping smiley

If a Williams driver says one single negative bad word about the Williams team Mehryar will jump all over him and have strong hate against that driver for the rest of his life ...................(Sm145)

Don't ever try and come between Mehryar and his Williams team.............(Sm71)

Mehryar 14 May, 2019 08:28
Lol@ trolls around here...This site has become a joke really thanks to Robert's fanboys who can't read a negative comment regarding their driver and a few classic trolls smiling smiley)

Anyway, as long as you need a 2 digit IQ to understand a simple comment and you fail to do so, I better not get into trap.

Urm...Robert is doing fine.He's an Alonso level driver.He's not a big mouth moaner at all...he tells it like it really is and Whitey has mental stability smiling smiley)

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net