Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Monaco GP: Sat Practice & Qualifying
Discussion started by Andrew Hooper , 25 May, 2019 06:26
Monaco GP: Sat Practice & Qualifying
Andrew Hooper 25 May, 2019 06:26
Well the team has had that extra day to check the data. Either will be a case of finding some pace or realising that their pace is as good as it gets. Probably the later.

Either way they will most likely start from the rear of the grid if not the last row which is going to make their race a very long struggle.

Maybe they will have some luck with others misfortunes at what is normally a demanding track that does produce crashes and the like. Time will tell.

Re: Monaco GP: Sat Practice & Qualifying
GPL 25 May, 2019 08:10
I think the big question is which one of our drivers is going to bin it today with
pushing on in a very very poor car.

Andrew Hooper 25 May, 2019 09:59
Ahhh take your pick. smiling smiley

speed 25 May, 2019 10:54
I think we will be further away than usual not because the car is slower but because the drivers can't trust the car and thus, fear of crashing. Or maybe both

GPL 25 May, 2019 11:03
Yea no real point in going for it when we are so slow,but you know racing drivers.

Robert seems to be coping well with this tight track but will his arm tire out quicker on this race track ???.

Mehryar 25 May, 2019 11:23
Robert looks to be on pace this weekend which is good news.Though it's not a great track for George in his pas experiences.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/05/2019 12:51 by Mehryar.

Stu69 25 May, 2019 13:16
Quote:
GPL
Yea no real point in going for it when we are so slow,but you know racing drivers.
Robert seems to be coping well with this tight track but will his arm tire out quicker on this race track ???.

Does his dodgy arm get tired? Serious question?

GPL 25 May, 2019 13:22
He must be in some form of constant pain or ache after all that repair work they have
done on him.

Gwanni 25 May, 2019 13:23
Not too bad considering 4 second deficit last Thursday. But blimey, Ferrari crew can be sacked on this spot

Stu69 25 May, 2019 13:26
Quote:
GPL
He must be in some form of constant pain or ache after all that repair work they have
done on him.

When he is old it will hurt like hell every morning. Colin McRae would have chopped it off with a pen knife!!

Gunk 25 May, 2019 13:33
That wasn't too bad from the guys.

Don't know whether it was me, but looked like the Williams was drifting round Lowe's hairpin, more sideways than forwards.

Gunk 25 May, 2019 14:32
Good day for Mag - in fact all those who got into Q3. Albon must get a special mention - daunting place for a rookie.

So, yet another Merc 1-2 and Ferrari looking flaky.

Andrew Hooper 25 May, 2019 15:06
I don't know why but came away from qualifying feeling surprisingly better than in previous races. At least both drivers were in the 1m:13s which at least was far close to the cars in front.

Mehryar 25 May, 2019 15:40
Nice effort by the team and drivers...This is our hardest weekend through the season so the fact that gap has not increased to the next car, is a good sign!

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Gunk 25 May, 2019 17:03
Quote:
Mehryar
Nice effort by the team and drivers...This is our hardest weekend through the season so the fact that gap has not increased to the next car, is a good sign!

Sure. Especially considering other teams have had significant updates. At this rate, we may outqualify Stroll at some point.

Giovinazzi was also much closer to Raikkonen all this weekend . . . something that needed to happen.

CLOVERLEAF 888 25 May, 2019 17:05
Yeah, pleasantly surprised that we were relatively close to the direct cars in front. I almost feel we made good setup and quali progress after falling so far behind on Thursday. I think the team and drivers made a great effort.

Just goes to show as well on one lap pace kubica was his normal gap behind Russell on a track where we worried he might really really struggle. The race of course could be different for him but I'm happy for him.

phatjack 25 May, 2019 17:05
Keep the faith Leclerc fared no better than the willy Boys.

Gunk 25 May, 2019 17:41
Team Notes

Dave Robson, Senior Race Engineer: The performance of the car is still disappointing but nonetheless today's running has gone well. Both drivers carried on from their running on Thursday and again made no mistakes. The car has worked reliably throughout the practice sessions, and this has allowed us to make steady progress this weekend. The engineers both trackside and in Grove worked hard yesterday to improve the car setup and tyre preparation. The team operated seamlessly this afternoon to produce a well-executed Q1 session. Robert and George enjoyed clear runs throughout and were able to push the car to its limits. Unfortunately, the pure pace of the car was not good enough today to challenge the teams ahead. With no yellow flags, or major mistakes by other drivers, we weren't presented with any opportunity to outperform the underlying pace of the car.

George Russell
: I felt like we maximised qualifying. I was pleased with my lap at the end, I put it all on the line and got the most out of the car. It was pretty fun and a thrill to complete a lap like that around the streets of Monaco. For the race, I need to keep it on the black stuff, out of the walls and pick up the pieces from other people's mistakes.

Robert Kubica: The conditions today were better in terms of the feeling and the grip, but that was the case for everybody. From a driving and operational point of view we did everything that we could, but we were unlucky with traffic when we left the garage. All in all, it was a smooth session and tomorrow will be difficult race.

Gunk 25 May, 2019 18:02
Quote:
phatjack
Keep the faith Leclerc fared no better than the willy Boys.

Thanks smiling smiley

It certainly is necessary to take heart in some small way. There were no driver errors, team mistakes, issues with the stewards or reliability problems. We just can't design a quick car.

Francesc 25 May, 2019 18:26
Russell is super quick. That guy would be giving Hamilton a very hard time.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net