Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

France next.
Discussion started by CLOVERLEAF 888 , 15 June, 2019 12:00
France next.
CLOVERLEAF 888 15 June, 2019 12:00
So what do you guys think? I must admit I came away from Canada a bit disappointed. We just seemed to struggle so much and I'm not sure the new front suspension bought us much time, even if it is a step in the right direction. France looks like it's a power circuit. Anybody heard anything about any more upgrades.?

Re: France next.
GPL 15 June, 2019 13:16
I would think they should be close to move from the wind tunnel to the build departments any time now if they want to run this big upgrade before mid season break.

so i do not see much change on the car for now.

I still do not think they can make this sow,s ear into a silk purse.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/06/2019 13:20 by GPL.

tomazy 15 June, 2019 15:16
I am exoecting the full update for British gp, maybe some small pices before that. But this is based on no information what so ever.

Gunk 15 June, 2019 15:19
I think we can take some encouragement.

We continue to make small gains, which wasn't the case last year. George insists the car is more pleasant to drive.

The major upgrade is planned for mid-season, which I understand will be concept evaluation time for next year, Robson says there is nothing at the moment so 'baked in' it can't be changed.

There's still no sign that we are hiring any new aero talent although it appears the team is certainly looking. Paddy Lowe is still on the website as Chief Technical Officer. I suppose all that is still going on behind closed doors.

Francesc 15 June, 2019 18:37
Quote:
tomazy
I am exoecting the full update for British gp, maybe some small pices before that. But this is based on no information what so ever.

I've read can't remember where that the big upgrade is coming at the German Gp. Given the amount of time they've had to develop it, I would say anything less than a whole new car aerodynamically will be massively dissapointing.

Gunk 15 June, 2019 20:08
Quote:
Francesc

I've read can't remember where that the big upgrade is coming at the German Gp. Given the amount of time they've had to develop it, I would say anything less than a whole new car aerodynamically will be massively disappointing.

The problem is, we've heard this before. In previous seasons, where the car is rubbish, as little money as possible has been put against it. The team rarely admits this in public, but it is what happens.

Not only at Williams, one might add.

The argument for this approach is of course well stated. You never make the kind of gains with in-season development as you do over the winter. And if you are not even fighting for WCC points, why bother?

Damon96 15 June, 2019 20:19
Quote:
Gunk
Quote:
Francesc

I've read can't remember where that the big upgrade is coming at the German Gp. Given the amount of time they've had to develop it, I would say anything less than a whole new car aerodynamically will be massively disappointing.

The problem is, we've heard this before. In previous seasons, where the car is rubbish, as little money as possible has been put against it. The team rarely admits this in public, but it is what happens.

Not only at Williams, one might add.

The argument for this approach is of course well stated. You never make the kind of gains with in-season development as you do over the winter. And if you are not even fighting for WCC points, why bother?

Mid season they have normally split the design teams, in case of Williams I feel they will have everyone working on trying to fix the 2019 car as they have said they need to work out whether this design philosophy is a dud, so 2020 development will be on hold pending the outcome of the mid season update. McLaren and Force India introduced major mid season spec 2 cars, it’s rarely done as normally teams don’t make as much of a mess of it as Williams have.

Has anything been heard of or from Patrick Head?

Gunk 15 June, 2019 21:50
Quote:
Damon96
Has anything been heard of or from Patrick Head?

We only hear from Claire, that's it.

Williams is more secretive than the CIA. And the little it gives out is usually disinfo.

tomazy 18 June, 2019 18:33
Williams usualy post a grand prix preview on tuesday before the race, now is tuesday evening and still nothing for France GP, just an observation.

Anderis 18 June, 2019 19:46
Perhaps they ran out of money and can't afford grand prix previews anymore.

Francesc 18 June, 2019 20:06
Maybe they don't know anymore what to say as every race we will be the slowest by far.

phatjack 18 June, 2019 23:24
Kubica speaks the truth, but do admire Russel's vague attempts at PR.

Andrew Hooper 21 June, 2019 01:46
Extra set of tyres for Nicholas in FP1 and no updates for this race weekend so situation unchanged.

Gwanni 21 June, 2019 08:30
ahh that is bad, Andrew, Seriously, when we are going to have some significant updates?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net