Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

The French GP - Sunday Race Thread
Discussion started by Gunk , 23 June, 2019 12:28
The French GP - Sunday Race Thread
Gunk 23 June, 2019 12:28
I'd love a non-boring race . . . should I get my hopes up?

It's a track where overtaking is possible and tyre wear might just introduce some wild cards. Probably not enough to derail the Mercedes steamroller but the four Renault powered cars could make a scrap of it.

I'm going to predict a points finish for Kvyat, who spent the weekend preparing his car for the race. After a stunning charge through the field from last, he is promoted to RBR instead of Gasly, who finishes behind Sainz, Ricciardo and Norris. (Though not necessarily in that order.)

Kubica is lapped by Russell?

Re: The French GP - Sunday Race Thread
Myvatn 23 June, 2019 13:25
Slowbica will put Russell out rather than being passed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/06/2019 13:25 by Myvatn.

jonnybario 23 June, 2019 14:42
2 solitary posts during the course of a Grand Prix just about sums up the state of Formula 1 this year. Boring, boring, boring.

Gunk 23 June, 2019 14:51
Quote:
jonnybario
2 solitary posts during the course of a Grand Prix just about sums up the state of Formula 1 this year. Boring, boring, boring.

There were some nailbiters . . . particularly with Lando's problem . . . and it maybe a penalty for RIC.

Alfa's updates are working . . . Hulk tried everything to get past Kimi. And all four Renaults finished ahead of Gasly - admittedly on the worst tyre strategy.

Better race pace from RK and Williams.

Mehryar 23 June, 2019 16:28
Boring race except last few laps...

Not a better pace from Kubica, Russell was half a second faster in any conditions...Just to miss beating him for his extra stop.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

phatjack 23 June, 2019 17:03
For those who caught the pre-race on Sky ahead of the French GP, it was special. Ant interviewing Norris as they dissected his qualifying lap on a big ass British TV Screen, was priceless. Don't get me wrong, I like this kid and he is mature beyond his years.

Then you see some kid with a back-pack come into camera view telling Norris what he should have done.

Russel has a few inches on Norris but that's about it. (Sm8)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/06/2019 17:05 by phatjack.

Gunk 23 June, 2019 17:45
Know what you mean. All the Brit media Lewis-drooling turned me off Hamilton for at least three years. . . James Allen was particularly nauseating.

speed 24 June, 2019 14:05
So Ric has been penalized twice for incidents in last lap. It's in line with rules & at least they are consistent but still feels too much. I wish they had sand pits or walls so that penalties weren't needed.

Gunk 24 June, 2019 14:18
Quote:
speed
So Ric has been penalized twice for incidents in last lap. It's in line with rules & at least they are consistent but still feels too much. I wish they had sand pits or walls so that penalties weren't needed.

Well, he overcooked it . . . not really marginal . . . it was a bit Desperate Dan on the last lap. Actually, I'm in favour of circuits where most cars can continue after incidents.

SydneyF1Fan 25 June, 2019 03:01
Quote:
phatjack
For those who caught the pre-race on Sky ahead of the French GP, it was special. Ant interviewing Norris as they dissected his qualifying lap on a big ass British TV Screen, was priceless. Don't get me wrong, I like this kid and he is mature beyond his years.
Then you see some kid with a back-pack come into camera view telling Norris what he should have done.

Russel has a few inches on Norris but that's about it. (Sm8)

I loved Norris' walk through on the SkyPad, particularly explaining the buttons he was pressing and his racing line (not sure if the team would have approved of his full-on disclosure, though!). Great kid and really impressive driving.

Yep, Dan overcooked it on the last lap, but great to see him have a crack and be so chilled about it afterwards (unlike sooky Seb!) Worth the risk to get ahead of the McLarens and he didn't have many points to lose. Could have paid off nicely.

Just a pity they didn't show it live - I was watching the live timing go crazy and couldn't work it out - Kimi and Hulk ahead briefly, before the positions switched back again.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net