Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
The Silly Season 2019
Discussion started by Gunk , 01 July, 2019 15:42
The Silly Season 2019
Gunk 01 July, 2019 15:42
There were plenty of rumours in Austria.

Perhaps the most speculation was about Max and Merc . . . but then he went and scored RBRs first win this season and also Honda's first win for a very long time. There's no doubt Honda are making great strides.

It seems certain Gasly will depart RBR. Tost says that Kvyat has probably earned his place back but other rumours put Hulk next to Max.

Hulk is looking to be replaced at Renault by Ocon. The word is that Hulk may quit F1 for Formula E with Porsche. Maybe an option of course. At least you have a chance of wins and podiums. In all his time in F1, Hulk hasn't scored a single podium or finished higher than 7th.

Journalists were not very kind to Kubica in Austria. The situation at Williams does not appear to be working out for Robert or his sponsor, who is unlikely to continue with Williams in 2020. But I think we knew that already.

Re: The Silly Season 2019
Mehryar 01 July, 2019 16:13
So it makes Gasly or Kvyat or Albon available for us.
Sirotkin is there too but not so many talents comming out of F2.When Latifi is 2nd there, you should question the level of that competition.

I hope we won't finish with Latifi or Kubica but considering last few line up changes, there's a strong chance for Latifi, unfortunately.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

dot_com 01 July, 2019 19:31
We have George on a two year contract, right? Unfortunately the other seat will most likely go to the highest bidder, or the poor guy who gets stuck without a seat when the music stops. Were not exactly an attractive option at the moment.

I can understand the Hulk wanting to leave for FE - its such a shame that he never made it into a top team, and it doesnt look like thats going to change any time soon. Midfield in F1 vs potential wins in FE...?

Gunk 01 July, 2019 20:21
Quote:
Mehryar
there's a strong chance for Latifi, unfortunately.

How about 99@ ?

I'm sure there's no budget for a non-paying driver . . . we are probably lucky
to retain George. If he were a free agent, without a Mercedes tie, he might be somewhere else next year.

I think Gasly will almost certainly depart F1. Like Palmer, and perhaps Vandoorne, maybe he was lucky to win F2 in a weak year?

Nice guy, like Hartley, but not really F1 material.

Mikef1 01 July, 2019 21:27
Wouldn't expect Kubica, Gastly to be on the grid next year. Latifi does seem to be the logical choice from a financial perspective and hes clearly going to be faster than Kubica so that's a slam dunk for Williams.

Haven't really been looking at the juniors but we have a lot of worthwhile talent on the grid right now and only 2 wasted seats as named above.

Gunk 01 July, 2019 23:27
Quote:
Mikef1

Haven't really been looking at the juniors but we have a lot of worthwhile talent on the grid right now and only 2 wasted seats as named above.

You are not including Stroll ???

Ozzy Osbone 02 July, 2019 04:17
I think we will be RUS / LAT next year. OCO as an outside chance but I doubt Merc want to put him in such a dog of a car. They are clearly lining RUS up as a replacement for HAM as a No.1 driver and he has the skills but it won't kill him to be at the back for a couple years.

Mikef1 02 July, 2019 07:27
Quote:
Gunk
Quote:
Mikef1

Stroll is a poor qualifier but he delivers well in races. Qualifying performance may come with experience

dot_com 02 July, 2019 13:15
Id be really happy with Gasly. Hes not done well at Red Bull against Max, but he was pretty good at Toro Rosso. I doubt he has funding though, since hes been backed by RB thus far. Obviously Ocon/Russel would be ideal, but I cant see that happening.

CLOVERLEAF 888 02 July, 2019 14:01
Quote:
Mikef1
Quote:
Gunk
Quote:
Mikef1

Stroll is a poor qualifier but he delivers well in races. Qualifying performance may come with experience

Totally agree with Mike on that one.... If stroll could just get himself up the grid a bit more, he is showing hes not a fool.... Remember at Williams he was really good at gaining places at the start but couldn't hold onto them because of the cars bad performance. This year he can hold them off because he has better machinery .... His qualifying must be getting frustrating for him too im sure.

dot_com 02 July, 2019 16:54
Pat Fry is leaving McLaren- possibly on his way to Williams? This could be good news - the current McLaren chassis is pretty good.

[www.racefans.net]

Gunk 02 July, 2019 18:59
Quote:
dot_com
Pat Fry is leaving McLaren- possibly on his way to Williams? This could be good news - the current McLaren chassis is pretty good.
[www.racefans.net]

Surely he would have more sense than to go to the TD graveyard. I don't think anyone will touch williams at the moment.

Mehryar 02 July, 2019 19:24
6 months of gardening leave! So, who's gonna be there to lead the development path for next season car?

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Anderis 02 July, 2019 21:08
Quote:
Gunk
I don't think anyone will touch williams at the moment.
Someone will certainly do. The opportunities in F1 for top technical people are very limited.

dot_com 03 July, 2019 02:20
Quote:
Gunk
Quote:
dot_com
[www.racefans.net]

Surely he would have more sense than to go to the TD graveyard. I don't think anyone will touch williams at the moment.

McLaren werent exactly in the best shape when Fry (re)joined them.

Gunk 03 July, 2019 10:29
Quote:
Mehryar
6 months of gardening leave! So, who's gonna be there to lead the development path for next season car?

Sure about that? I thought Fry was only covering while whatsisname did his gardening leave from Toro Rosso. Oh yes, James Key.

Oh hang about, you are correct . . . 'since he had been working on the 2020 car'.

If I understood correctly, Williams are as yet undecided as to whether the current concept can be developed. I think at the moment the assumption is it can. Robson said there was nothing 'baked in',

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2019 11:42 by Gunk.

phatjack 03 July, 2019 12:14
From what I have read Fry's gardening leave would stop him from joining another team before the 2020 car hits the track.

Gunk 03 July, 2019 13:50
Quote:
phatjack
From what I have read Fry's gardening leave would stop him from joining another team before the 2020 car hits the track.

Plus he's a nice guy . . . I hope they leave him in peace to enjoy his retirement.

Since we only get bad boys, I'm hoping we pick up on Zander. That was certainly the best Sauber in a long time. Seems like he can put a bottle of wine to good use. What's not to like?

AlanJones 03 July, 2019 14:45
PKN Orlen, allegedly, only has paid until the summer break.
Ocon or Latifi on the move for a race seat?

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

dot_com 03 July, 2019 14:48
Quote:
AlanJones
PKN Orlen, allegedly, only has paid until the summer break.
Ocon or Latifi on the move for a race seat?

Do you have a source for that?

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net