Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: The Silly Season 2019
Mehryar 03 July, 2019 15:55
That's exciting if true.Finally we can see how good George is if Ocon joins.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

phatjack 03 July, 2019 18:44
Lay off the hookah mate.

Mehryar 03 July, 2019 18:56
lol

SydneyF1Fan 04 July, 2019 02:40
More silly rumours:

[autoaction.com.au]

Supposedly Danny Ric has a get-out clause that would allow him to leave Renault if approached by Ferrari or Merc.

So if Seb decides to leave Ferrari, they could either poach Dan or Bottas. If Bottas leaves Merc then Dan could go there.

I doubt Seb will retire this year, with more things to prove, but he is getting a bit frustrated (and newly married) and perhaps Ferrari will start to tire of him if Charles continues to show him up and Seb keeps making mistakes.

If there are moves at Ferrari and Merc, that could leave other options for Ocon and George, eg a free Renault seat.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Ozzy Osbone 04 July, 2019 12:51
I hope RUS stays with us but I can see BOT out at Merc, RIC in and OCO to Renault. That would make a lot of sense for Merc in the medium term and wouldn't be a huge hit to Renault. If HUL does leave for FE then that leaves a seat for BOT / RUS.

Gunk 04 July, 2019 14:17
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
I hope RUS stays with us but I can see BOT out at Merc, RIC in and OCO to Renault. That would make a lot of sense for Merc in the medium term and wouldn't be a huge hit to Renault. If HUL does leave for FE then that leaves a seat for BOT / RUS.

Dunno. Would Ric be any closer than Bottas? Bottas average Q gap to Ham is infinitesmal. Ham rather spoiled his preraRation in Austria.

It's interesting of course, because Ocon can't go anywhere without severing ties to Merc . . . or take Bottas seat. And surely if Ocon did break out of Merc, wouldn't he rather go to RBR? It really doesn't look like Gasly will make the breakthrough.

Renault has been disappointing, to say the least. This should have been the breakthrough year. I think Cyril will stump up the money for Ocon because it's politically good for him, while I don't see Marko buying out his Ocon's contract.

Despite all the success, women and money, Ham seems as quick and focussed as ever . . . one crazy guy.

SydneyF1Fan 04 July, 2019 22:36
I'd love to see Dan and Ham together. I think Dan would rise to the challenge and it wouldn't be the one-sided battle people may think.

Agree that BOT has been a good team mate for HAM overall, but he's often a bit flakey and unreliable.

Can't see Merc and Ferrari changing their line ups in a hurry, though.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

phatjack 04 July, 2019 23:26
Alonso, I read comes into play again, so Ric will probably or should stay put to take the Renault team forward, much like Max has shown he is capable of.

Mehryar 05 July, 2019 00:03
Orlen - Kubica rumors and the result :

a spokesperson for Orlen told sport.pl: “Speculation regarding the limitation of Orlen’s support for Williams is untrue.

“The contract with the team is for the whole season and is closely related to the participation in the races of Robert Kubica. The rules of financing and the team’s obligations are precisely defined in the contract,” the spokesperson added.

SydneyF1Fan 05 July, 2019 03:00
Would be great to see Alonso back in a Merc or Ferrari. Can't see either team taking him, though, with his history.

Can't see him coming back to McLaren until they are winning again.

Anderis 05 July, 2019 12:08
There are rumours that Williams might switch to Renault engines for 2020:
[www.autobild.de]

CLOVERLEAF 888 05 July, 2019 16:09
Quote:
Anderis
There are rumours that Williams might switch to Renault engines for 2020:
[www.autobild.de]

Are we contracted to Mercedes next year? . If we changed would we be swapping mclarens renaults engines for our Mercedes engines. ?? Or did mclaren and Mercedes fall out?

Ozzy Osbone 05 July, 2019 16:16
You also have to assume that Honda would not be too keen to see ALO in an RBR. LOL. That boy knows how to burn them bridges.

Back to that article, I see little sense in Williams going to Renault but you never know. If our gearbox is really costing us a second over the Merc unit, that seems crazy. Is Williams just terrified of losing the facilities to build gearboxes? If they aren't very good then why bother? The gearbox is so integral these days I think it would make sense for the FIA to mandate that every engine comes with a gearbox and that's that.

Gunk 05 July, 2019 16:53
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Back to that article, I see little sense in Williams going to Renault but you never know. If our gearbox is really costing us a second over the Merc unit, that seems crazy.

Mercedes would say that, wouldn't they. On the other hand, I remember Pat Symonds saying there was little time to be gained by doing it yourself.

But stands to reason, it must give you some overall design flexibility.

Mehryar 05 July, 2019 18:46
Renault? I was hoing for Honda PU if there was going to be a change from Mercedes.
To me it sounds like Renault being the cheapest engine.That's all.

phatjack 05 July, 2019 18:53
Renault, Williams, McLaren ... connect the dots!

j-s 05 July, 2019 19:13
There must be big reason not to buy the Merc gearboxes. Probably cost?

I'd be surprised if the gearbox is worth 1 second a lap. That'd be astonishing.

phatjack 05 July, 2019 21:14
Quote:
Gearboxes are said to be one of the most expensive components of the car apart from the power unit

Perhaps Williams should consider building it's own engine?

Ozzy Osbone 05 July, 2019 23:07
I also can't see a gearbox being worth a second a lap or if it was, it would be straight in there as it would be madness not to buy it. A second a lap costs an awful lot of money to find.

Or could it be that Merc are not happy supplying Williams? Perhaps they want to go back to being engine only and that really means Mclaren.

Andrew Hooper 06 July, 2019 06:00
I would have thought it would have made more sense to keep Mercedes in regard to the issues of integrating a new engine into their 2020 chassis. I would think that Williams with all their chassis issues that they would want to keep that engine factor constant going into 2020.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net