Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: The Silly Season 2019
Greg_OR 02 August, 2019 09:00
Quote:
dot_com
C[...]but his limitations in the car have certainly been apparent this year.
Could you explain where/when the limitations been apparent? In twisty Monaco where he kept up to GR pace or lastly in demanding rain race?

Filip 02 August, 2019 09:19
Quote:
Greg_OR
Quote:
dot_com
C[...]but his limitations in the car have certainly been apparent this year.
Could you explain where/when the limitations been apparent? In twisty Monaco where he kept up to GR pace or lastly in demanding rain race?

Greg, I think there is no point going into forum battles - he thinks George crushed Robert this year and that their cars were behaving equally throughout the season. We know that it's not the case but we don't have any hard evidence to that and we won't have them. This is just one person's word against another. I've done answering comments like these, you just can't force anyone to think the way you want it

Stuart L 02 August, 2019 09:19
It isn’t limitations. Simply put fir the vast majority of time George has outperformed Robert.

In F1 terms you can therefore say Roberts performance level has over 5 months and 11 races been below his team mate.

There have been times when Robert has matched shrieked, but never times when Robert has laid a marker he is better.

What I would say is both drivers have not binned the car and that is good news

rpaloschi 02 August, 2019 09:48
Quote:
Filip
...We know that it's not the case but we don't have any hard evidence to that

You just gave a definition of whishful thinking. Delusional as in I know, but i cant prove 😞

Filip 02 August, 2019 09:53
Quote:
rpaloschi
Quote:
Filip
...We know that it's not the case but we don't have any hard evidence to that

You just gave a definition of whishful thinking. Delusional as in I know, but i cant prove 😞

I have Robert's interviews which is enough. If you think he is lying that's your problem not mine.

rpaloschi 02 August, 2019 17:18
Lets get this straight: Im happy to have RK onboard, I have no problem even with his performance given the car Williams is providing. I fully support him as a Williams driver.

Having said that, my only problem is with the amount of sconspiracy theories spread around as absolute facts, hence my rant.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2019 17:18 by rpaloschi.

Gunk 02 August, 2019 18:55
Some updates to our silly rumours today.

Perez says that the deal with FI is almost done, while reminding us that it isn't over until the fat lady sings etc. I think there's a good chance he stays.

Abiteboul says that Hulk's crash out in Germany has not helped his chances . . . and Renault is the most likely destination for Ocon . . . so back to where we were on those.

Despite Gasly finding some speed in Q, Marko is now complaining about his overtaking ability in races . . . his fate still hangs in the balance. A resurgent Kvyat perhaps could take his seat.

Mehryar 02 August, 2019 20:19
Quote:
Gunk
Abiteboul says that Hulk's crash out in Germany has not helped his chances . . . and Renault is the most likely destination for Ocon . . . so back to where we were on those.

Honestly, the one who should question his place is Abiteboul himself! there's absolutely no one else to rival him with the load of promises and BS and no results! He's in a league of his own for empty promises.I wonder what does he expect from a driver who trusted his ability and joined the team in hope of a bright future and the only thing he gets is excuses and promises for next year! There's no wonder the moral and form of the driver decreases.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Gunk 02 August, 2019 21:10
Quote:
Honestly, the one who should question his place is Abiteboul himself! there's absolutely no one else to rival him with the load of promises and BS and no results!

Not a fan of Cyril, Mehryar? (Sm6)

Non-friends of Cyril have indeed suggested that hiring a Frenchman would earn Abiteboul at least a few brownie points in an undistinguished season.

However, I now learn that Haas has declared an interest in Ocon. At Haas, Steiner says:

"We are interested in Ocon but not if Mercedes wants him back after one year, we are not going to prepare and train a driver for Mercedes, if we sign him we want to sign him on a multiple year contract"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2019 21:15 by Gunk.

SydneyF1Fan 12 August, 2019 11:32
Fantastic promotion for Albon:

[www.formula1.com]

Will be tough on Alex to perform against Max in his first year. He's done a great job at TR, but can't help thinking it's a bit too soon for him.

Surprised they didn't pick Kvyat after his recent return to form. Looks like he's matured a lot and is ready to have another go.

Shame for Gasly after a great season last year, but he really had to go. I just hope Alex doesn't fall into the same trap.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Mehryar 12 August, 2019 12:17
What will happen if Albon struggles even more against Max? That's a possibility considering his experience and Max' form.

A switch back to Kvyat again? There's not alot of options for RBR these days specially if Max leaves for Mercedes.They were stupid to let Sainz leave.

SydneyF1Fan 12 August, 2019 12:44
Yep, RIC really threw a spanner in the works when he left!

Amazing they can't fill a prized seat with a top driver.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Mehryar 12 August, 2019 12:55
Sure they can if they stop their 1st-2nd driver policy and not put all the eggs on Max' basket.
They can call Alonso, Sainz or Ocon and they will join immediately, no matter if they have a contract or not! Options are wide.

About RIC, well...though he put them into alittle bit of trouble, at the end, he's the loser in between.RBR is winning races and he's racing for a single point.

CLOVERLEAF 888 12 August, 2019 15:45
Its such a shame that kubica fans can't accept how good George is. I like the fact we have kubica, but honestly all those fans going on and on spouting rubbish are tarnishing it all. Has it not occurred to them that even the great Kubica might just, might just be making a few excuses. Of course not, because he can do no wrong or say no wrong in your eyes. You know what I bought a kubica t shirt and I wear it with pride as the guy has achieved the almost impossible but seriously guys I almost wish I hadnt because of some of the stupidity on here. I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing some of you just shut up with your moaning.

rpaloschi 12 August, 2019 17:16
Oh yeah... 1000x this

Filip 12 August, 2019 18:35
Quote:
CLOVERLEAF 888
Its such a shame that kubica fans can't accept how good George is. I like the fact we have kubica, but honestly all those fans going on and on spouting rubbish are tarnishing it all. Has it not occurred to them that even the great Kubica might just, might just be making a few excuses. Of course not, because he can do no wrong or say no wrong in your eyes. You know what I bought a kubica t shirt and I wear it with pride as the guy has achieved the almost impossible but seriously guys I almost wish I hadnt because of some of the stupidity on here. I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing some of you just shut up with your moaning.

If you believe that George is 1.5s faster than Kubica because of his pace then seriously you need stop watching F1 and move to other sports. George is a fast driver no questions about it. He won F2, he is in the Mercedes program for a reason. At the same time there are so many instances where Williams’ cars were falling apart, they were late, upgrades were falling off the car, they had no spare parts but when Robert says he doesn’t have CONSISTENCY in his car then he is talking nonsense.
Why it is so hard to believe that Williams doesn’t have two fully upgraded cars?

They were dead last being 1.5s behind 18th car for the first half of the season. Why would they spend cash on the second car? So that Robert would be closer to George but still 19th and 20th? Waste of money and resources. Now when the first car has some performance they will solve Robert’s issues after the summer break but until they would be able to fight for points with the first car I don’t think they are going to do anything.

Gunk 12 August, 2019 19:44
Quote:
Mehryar
Sure they can if they stop their 1st-2nd driver policy and not put all the eggs on Max' basket.
They can call Alonso, Sainz or Ocon and they will join immediately, no matter if they have a contract or not! .

Not sure about that, Merhyar. I thought the guys had to be contract free to join RBR. And buying themselves out is quite costly.

That said, it's a good move by RBR.

Mehryar 12 August, 2019 19:57
I think both Alonso and Ocon are free drivers by the end of this season.Sainz is a different story but drivers do these things, remember JB's contract to join us in 05 or 06? He (or Honda, I don't remember) paid a huge money to not drive for Williams.

Albon looks to be solid driver but I think RBR is burning another talent just like Kvyat and Gasly with rushing him into senior team against a huge talent who also has the team backing.

dot_com 26 August, 2019 22:54
All signs are pointing towards Ocon taking Hulkenbergs seat for 2020. It would be a fantastic result if we could get him back alongside Russel next year. He’s a fantastic qualifier and really solid, experienced racer. This could be great for the team and as a benchmark for GR.

Gunk 26 August, 2019 23:58
Quote:
dot_com
. . . Hulkenberg . . . It would be a fantastic result if we could get him back alongside Russel next year.

Someone will need 20m plus to get the seat next to George . . . in any case, bad blood between Hulk and Williams since the manner of his departure.

Hulk has options. Strong rumour is that he is going to Haas. He has also been propositioned by Formula E.

Latifi will drive for Williams.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net