Seconds

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: The Silly Season 2019
IanSmithISA 22 October, 2019 05:38
Good morning,

Quote:
dot_com
The more I think about it, Williams might not be a bad option for Hulk. Firstly it’s looking like his only option if he wants to stay in F1. Secondly, if he wants to put himself in contention for a Mercedes seat in 2021 then it would make sense for him to take on and beat Russell in equal machinery. Mercedes would have to take him seriously if he could do that. It might be worth his while finding some sponsorship and spending a year at the back of the grid if it means driving a Merc the following year.

I can see the logic in this but;

I am expecting Williams to borrow between £10million and £14million this season to fund the operation and can see any reason why they would not have to do the same next season if they have the same level of sponsorship.

So Hulk would need to come up with about the same as RK did this season, whether Rexona disappears to an empty space or someone new comes in is unknown. It would be tempting to say who would want it, but I was really surprised by the Rok group.

So the question of equal parts could rear its head, if Williams have worked out the road ahead then there may be a completely new car and spare parts for both drivers.

If Williams haven't sussed out the problems then next year might have been abandoned to allow the maximum development time and resources for the 2021 car. This does sound unlikely but if it were the case then there could be spare parts pressure again, this absolute need not to crash would make it hard to get the very last bit of speed out of the car. So neither Russell or Hulk would be proving much more than they at least competent by F1 standards.

After saying all of this I don't think that the Merc seat is available to him anyway, why would Merc put a driver in the car who is towards the end of his career and has never won a race?

Bye

Ian

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net