Latest news:

2019 Singapore Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: British GP weekend 2019 (practice, qualifying, &race)
Gunk 14 July, 2019 10:07
Quote:
tomazy
If we gaind 1% with a small update, maybe we will gain 1% with a bigger updates at evety race the next two races. That would give us 101.3% defucite or a lap time of 1:26.199 witch would mean 8th on the grid. Yes yes I know this will not happen sad smiley

I like the theory though smiling smiley

CLOVERLEAF 888 14 July, 2019 10:36
Quote:
tomazy
Quote:
phatjack

Can you rework Williams progress taking into account Hamilton's error at Brooklands?

Because as I read your stats Williams has stayed stagnate at about 104% until the British GP.

It doesnt change much, if I go by Hamilton best sectors, it would be

GB: 2,784 (103.3%)

Sorry Phat. Didn't understand what you meant. I get it now. Thought you were asking him to make up a figure. Lol.

Andrew Hooper 14 July, 2019 13:41
Race time ... wonder if Kubica can make another one of his good starts ... but beyond that its pretty much going to be like previous races. But I wonder if rain will come into play.

GPL 14 July, 2019 14:49
Pace does not seem terrible today bit better i would say.
Lets hope these big updates work over the next 2 races.

Mehryar 14 July, 2019 15:20
Robert has been closer all weekend this race.Both in Quali and specially in Race...Hope it's the start of a turnaround and we see 2 performing drivers there.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Stu69 14 July, 2019 15:22
Quote:
Gunk
Quote:
tomazy
If we gaind 1% with a small update, maybe we will gain 1% with a bigger updates at evety race the next two races. That would give us 101.3% defucite or a lap time of 1:26.199 witch would mean 8th on the grid. Yes yes I know this will not happen sad smiley

I like the theory though smiling smiley

It could happen!

Mikef1 14 July, 2019 15:27
How many points must Hamilton be handed. Canada and Silverstone, inheriting 2 wins. Bottas had him more than covered on the 2nd stint

Francesc 14 July, 2019 15:45
Quote:
GPL
Pace does not seem terrible today bit better i would say.
Lets hope these big updates work over the next 2 races.

Yep, with that small update we improved noticebly. Encouraging.

Wawel 14 July, 2019 15:57
It's sad that Russell is protected by the engine supplier. When Kubica gap to teammate melted below 2.8 sec he immediately was instructed to change the engine mode.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 14/07/2019 16:01 by Wawel.

Gunk 14 July, 2019 16:09
I love conspiracy theories drinking smiley

CLOVERLEAF 888 14 July, 2019 16:42
Quote:
Wawel
It's sad that Russell is protected by the engine supplier. When Kubica gap to teammate melted below 2.8 sec he immediately was instructed to change the engine mode.

oh for gods sake..... Really..... I will treat your comments with the contempt they deserve if you don't mind ... (Sm164)

phatjack 14 July, 2019 17:49
I think it's unfair that Sky focused more on Norris and Albon. Hopefully local TV stations gave GR the air time he deserves.

speed 14 July, 2019 21:19
Just saw highlights - not sure which lap but Lec overtakes Ver who leaves track and rejoins in front of Lec. Was there a penalty for that?

dot_com 15 July, 2019 02:38
Quote:
Wawel

It’s impossible for me to roll my eyes the amount that this comment deserves without doing myself a serious injury.

tomazy 15 July, 2019 05:12
Quote:
speed
Just saw highlights - not sure which lap but Lec overtakes Ver who leaves track and rejoins in front of Lec. Was there a penalty for that?

No, apperantly now you can race where ever you want.

SydneyF1Fan 15 July, 2019 05:49
Great racing. Fair enough that Vettel got a penalty, but the rest of it was what we want to see.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Affinity 15 July, 2019 12:48
Quote:
dot_com
Quote:
Wawel

It’s impossible for me to roll my eyes the amount that this comment deserves without doing myself a serious injury.

What he means is probably the advice to change the engine mode to a safer setting and to use plenty of lift and coast. You could hear it on team radio towards the end of the race. Kubica was puzzled as to why they're doing it, and asked about the change twice. This happened towards the end of the race, and the gap between our drivers grew from 3 to 9 seconds. I personally think it was a fuel saving thing - if Ham pitted, both Williams might not have been lapped and would have to cover one more lap. However, I don't think George got a similar message.

The race itself was slightly optimistic, although the conditions might have helped us a bit more than others. George said he could push on every lap, Robert was satisfied as well despite some recurring braking issues. Both drivers had similar pace, with Russell still having an edge, albeit a lot smaller than in Austria. When asked about the gap reduction, Robert responded "Well, the drivers didn't change, so... yeah, that's motorsport".

I'm really looking forward to part 2 and 3 of aero updates. We might not beat other teams in Q, but maybe we'll have enough pace to capitalize on others mistakes during races.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/07/2019 12:52 by Affinity.

Mikef1 15 July, 2019 13:11
Quote:
dot_com
Quote:
Wawel

There was me thinking his fans might be pleased that his qualifying and race pase was a lot less tragic than previous grand prix.. then we get this @#$%&.

First we had faded suspension, then we had different cars, now we have russell exclusive engine models. Imagine being this delusional

phatjack 15 July, 2019 14:31
Quote:
SydneyF1Fan
Great racing. Fair enough that Vettel got a penalty, but the rest of it was what we want to see.

Pointless penalty on Seb ... would have made more sense to administer it at the next GP.

SydneyF1Fan 15 July, 2019 20:30
Agree, phat, but they probably didn't have a choice.

Also, you can't decide the penalty based on race position or outcome - just on the facts at hand.

I can understand Seb's desperation in trying to hold onto the place, but it was a pretty dumb move in the circumstances. He really loses the plot sometimes when the red mist appears.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net