Latest news:

2020 Australian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
British GP weekend 2019 (practice, qualifying, &race)
Discussion started by Stuart L , 12 July, 2019 08:09
British GP weekend 2019 (practice, qualifying, &race)
Stuart L 12 July, 2019 08:09
Good luck this weekend. Hoping for signs of continuing progress.

Re: British GP weekend 2019 (practice, qualifying, &race)
Andrew Hooper 12 July, 2019 08:50
Yes we have a sponsor extension and updates to the FW42. On top of that it is Frank's 50th celebrations.

Yes I hope we see some signs of steps forward.

Andrew Hooper 12 July, 2019 09:50
First run and both Russell and Kubica a second behind the next car on the medium tyre.

Andrew Hooper 12 July, 2019 11:03
Kubica finishes 1.3s behind Russell. Both on medium tyres. What is going on?

Francesc 12 July, 2019 11:08
Does Kubica have the new parts?

tomazy 12 July, 2019 11:23
Quote:
Francesc
Does Kubica have the new parts?

Yes

dot_com 12 July, 2019 12:17
Really encouraged to see GR up there with the Haas and Alfa’s! I really hope we can keep that momentum going. Not sure what happened to Kubica - maybe he had some sort of problem. 1.3s is a huge deficit. Were there any reports of problems on his runs?

Gunk 12 July, 2019 12:18
Could be a low fuel run or some such . . . RBR did one at the end.

However, Russell was 6 tenths quicker than Robert for most of the session.

Mehryar 12 July, 2019 13:21
Looks like they reverted to old mirrors for FP2

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

phatjack 12 July, 2019 14:10
So the future WDC plans to stay at Williams next year.

Gunk 12 July, 2019 14:18
KUB the has new mirrors this session. Haas struggling here. We are told that Force Stroll will have almost new car at next race.

GPL 12 July, 2019 14:19
What do we think so far??
I am disappointed but not surprised.

CLOVERLEAF 888 12 July, 2019 14:32
I think Gunk was a hard session to call..... George was out with gearbox and Kubica looked like he was doing loads of aero runs with all that red flo vis paint on the car, rather than a quali sim.

As a matter of interest Mike will probably know.... Does the colour of flo vis paint determine what they are recording?

Affinity 12 July, 2019 14:36
We're still miles off in terms of single lap pace, but the race simulation on hard tyres didn't seem that distastrous (0.5-1s behind Haas / Alfa). I'd say there is progress.

Craig atkin 12 July, 2019 15:01
It’s amazing,I’m at track and cars don’t look any slower than all others,but clearly they are

Andrew Hooper 12 July, 2019 15:03
I would have liked to have seen Russell's pace but oh well not to be.

Andrew Hooper 12 July, 2019 15:38
Russell said: "Lost time is not a problem, it affects the team more than me, because the team needs data from the next laps on the brakes or the engine ... The level of grip was quite good, but the wind was very treacherous ... we brought here were a very small part of the amendments that we expect to introduce in the next races, so we did not expect to see major differences"

Stu69 12 July, 2019 15:53
What livery are the Haas team running?? Can you see the scrape marks where the fizzy drink sticker was peeled off??

tomazy 12 July, 2019 18:23
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
Russell said: "Lost time is not a problem, it affects the team more than me, because the team needs data from the next laps on the brakes or the engine ... The level of grip was quite good, but the wind was very treacherous ... we brought here were a very small part of the amendments that we expect to introduce in the next races, so we did not expect to see major differences"

Nice to hear that those updates (bigest aero mid seson update in 2 sesons) are a small part of a biger package. The new bits in Silverstone are not downforce genarating devices on there own, but just air conditioners so that other bits can generate more downforce. I think that they hurried with those bits, becouse they have to be bonded to the chassis in the factory, and thay had more time for this here becouse the facory is so close.

Andrew Hooper 13 July, 2019 10:01
Well its Saturday. What can Williams pull out of the hat. I am hoping that Russell does not have any issues.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net