Latest news:

2020 Australian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Hungarian GP 2019 (Practice, Qualifying and Race)
Discussion started by Stuart L , 02 August, 2019 08:15
Hungarian GP 2019 (Practice, Qualifying and Race)
Stuart L 02 August, 2019 08:15
Here’s to a good weekend!

Re: Hungarian GP 2019 (Practice, Qualifying and Race)
Andrew Hooper 02 August, 2019 08:45
Yes lets hope that the team can find some pace from the new parts.

tomazy 02 August, 2019 09:38
Just our luck, no rain for the whole seson, then we need to test the upgrades, it rains 2 weekends in a row...

Andrew Hooper 02 August, 2019 11:23
Well FP1 and Russell close to the cars in front running with the updates. Positive steps forward, if small.

CLOVERLEAF 888 02 August, 2019 11:52
See kubica not running the updates this time. FP2 will be more telling I guess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2019 11:55 by CLOVERLEAF 888.

Francesc 02 August, 2019 12:13
Quote:
CLOVERLEAF 888

Yes he was. At the first run not, but at the second part of Fp1 he had them.

Filip 02 August, 2019 12:17
Quote:
Francesc
Quote:
CLOVERLEAF 888

Yes he was. At the first run not, but at the second part of Fp1 he had them.

Not all of them, the rear wing was added at the last race pace stint

tomazy 02 August, 2019 18:27

Stu69 02 August, 2019 19:25
Quote:

Well that is a very positive report!! Best I have read for ages!! Definitely turning a corner with the 42.

tomazy 02 August, 2019 19:30
I hope that the progres will visible tomorrow and on sunday, today was seems to be a positive day. In FP1, Russell did his best time on lap 13 of a 14lap stint. Too bad that the rain interupted FP2 that we dont have a clearer picture if this is progres or not, will just have to wait and see.

Francesc 02 August, 2019 20:07
He too said that on the first run of Fp2 he was very fast (I guess this was before Albon's crash), but they tried something on the setup and the car wasn't as good after the red flag.

Mehryar 02 August, 2019 20:55
I don't think we are that much close to the competition but this friday gave me hope that there's some potential in that package.It only needs more time and hopefully we can get closer after the summer break.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Andrew Hooper 03 August, 2019 06:26
I read the same story and it was a mix of been positive mixed with caution. But the wet weather setup certainly sounds like they have made big steps forward in terms of seconds improvement.

I would love to know what they tweaked to make such a big change. Russell said it gave them so much more overall grip.

I hope that they can turn this into a dry weather setup change that also finds time.

Gunk 03 August, 2019 08:12
Quote:
Mehryar
I don't think we are that much closer to the competition but this Friday gave me hope that there's some potential in that package.

In fact, updates that work is definitely progress. To me, it all seems that the problems with the tunnel were never really identified or corrected until Paddy came along.

Pat Symonds is on record as saying that one year they spent most of the budget on a new front wing which made no difference whatsoever. And Wurz said they had experienced an aero stall before, although nothing like that which plagued the De Beer concept. Probably because the low downforce design didn't really trouble the aero.

This time last year, at the post-Hungary GP test days, Robert was doing endless one lap at a time testing with buckets of flo-viz. Paddy said that when they started looking into the tunnel they found a can of worms. So in fact, we have moved along quite well.

It does seem to me that Paddy and de Beer were much maligned.

Francesc 03 August, 2019 10:24
We've improved massively. We're on par with Toro Rosso now , faster than Haas and Alfa, and only half a second off Renault on race pace. wow. (Sm152)

Francesc 03 August, 2019 10:47
On quali pace we lack a bit more than on race pace. Maybe it's fuel related.

erratic 03 August, 2019 10:52
Just watching FP3, Karun reporting that he had spoken to someone at Williams (I think he said MIke) and they feel they have now got the simulator etc all hooked up now and seeing the benefits on the track. They couldn't optimise the new parts at Germany, but are starting to now.

Gwanni 03 August, 2019 11:41
it cannot rain forever...

Gunk 03 August, 2019 11:45
Encouraging . . . still would prefer some rain though ... might even get some more points in a lottery )

Mehryar 03 August, 2019 12:51
We should compare our best laptime with the best if Alfa or RACING Point but so far it looks like a good inprovement.
There's more testing on the way so hopefully we can get an exciting second half of the season

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net