Latest news:

2020 Australian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Hungarian GP 2019 (Practice, Qualifying and Race)
Mehryar 03 August, 2019 15:55
Yes the result is blurred imo too but it doesn't change the fact that we have joined the tale end of the midfield.No matter if we are 1-2tenth faster or slower than a Racing Point, the interesting part is we are catching up and the updates are working.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Filip 03 August, 2019 15:55
Quote:
Mikef1
With ref to qualifying the cars that george beat all had a teammate much further up the road. I feel the result is a little more flattering than the performance?

Probably but still he pulled that off. Good job today by him. No questions about it.

phatjack 03 August, 2019 16:01
Russel set his time as the track was improving. None the less he did good!

WilliamsF1Fan 03 August, 2019 16:09
Thanks Filip

Mehryar 03 August, 2019 16:12
If anything, he set his time as the first driver of that pack so that was a disadvantage.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

tomazy 03 August, 2019 16:18
Quote:
Filip
Quote:
WilliamsF1Fan
I've not seen qualifying yet, but from what I've read George's performance lifts the spirits. If they keep bringing developments in the second half of the year, then anything is possible. I'm curious about Kubica's performance though, any news on why the big gap?

He had no grip, they tried one „crazy” setting on the last stint but it didn’t help at all. He would be 0.5s behind anyway (his words)

One interesting video though:

[mobile.twitter.com]
I havent seen a driver compleatly release the stearing wheel like that, so maybe this is normal, who knows?

Quote:
Mikef1
With ref to qualifying the cars that george beat all had a teammate much further up the road. I feel the result is a little more flattering than the performance?
George beat his team mate, and both Racing Point cars, granted, he did beat Ricciardo, but his team mate was 'only' 0,241s faster than George, the fastest Toro Rosso was also 'only' 0,281s faster.
So I dont think the result is so much more flattering.

Quote:
phatjack
Russel set his time as the track was improving. None the less he did good!
So did all the other drivers.

EDIT: Giovinazzi got a 3plc grid penalty, George to start 15th.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2019 16:38 by tomazy.

Stu69 03 August, 2019 19:59
Well qualy was really good and upbeat. Of course, ifs buts and maybes BUT finally some good news and a trend is definitely confirmed! We are improving faster than the others!! Looking forwards to the race but regardless of the result things are on the up!!!

Francesc 03 August, 2019 20:23
I wonder what will happen when we get a new front wing. The room for improvement there alone is huge.

Anderis 03 August, 2019 21:30
Honestly, I didn't think we would ever see Williams at that level this season. I hope it's legit progress and not just a perfect storm of events. Bodes well for 2020.

IanSmithISA 04 August, 2019 04:25
Good morning,

I am not sure about the enthusiasm, as 2018 Qualifying saw a similar "improvement"

Lewis Hamilton 01:17.4
Valtteri Bottas 01:17.1
Kimi Räikkönen 01:17.5
Sebastian Vettel 01:16.7
Carlos Sainz 01:17.8
Pierre Gasly 01:18.6
Max Verstappen 01:16.9
Brendon Hartley 01:18.4
Kevin Magnussen 01:18.3
Romain Grosjean 01:17.9
Fernando Alonso 01:18.2
Daniel Ricciardo 01:18.5
Nico Hulkenberg 01:17.9
Marcus Ericsson 01:18.6
Lance Stroll 01:18.6
Stoffel Vandoorne 01:18.8
Charles Leclerc 01:18.8
Esteban Ocon 01:19.1
Sergio Perez 01:19.2
Sergey Sirotkin 01:19.3

Possibly an interesting point is the gap between Stroll and Sirotkin and a big gap between Russell and Kubica.

Stroll has gone on to prove himself as a competent driver whereas Sirotkin is back in a test driver role.

Hungary is very much a special case circuit, it is where Damon Hill almost won in the Arrows, hardly representative of absolute car performance.

Bye

Ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2019 04:28 by IanSmithISA.

Filip 04 August, 2019 04:26
Quali lap comparison if anyone is interested:

[streamable.com]

They really need to look into Robert’s car problems. Difference in grip level is pretty obivious in the corners

Andrew Hooper 04 August, 2019 06:09
Yes the team needs to work with Robert to try and sort out his issues. Lots of opinions that its the car through to he is past it. Not sure where the answer lies but the team does need to have two cars doing well.

As for qualifying performance with Russell yes there may be a degree of truth that others failed to deliver but from my point of view the result was such a big lift for the team and the gap to the cars in front has closed up with the times separating Russell from those just outside the top ten only a few tenths. If you can't see that as a positive step forward well I don't know what would make you see something as a positive step forward for Williams.

tomazy 04 August, 2019 06:40
Quote:
Filip
[streamable.com]

They really need to look into Robert�s car problems. Difference in grip level is pretty obivious in the corners

Can you doo the same for Red Bull driver? Gaslys car also has problems every weekend and even they dont know what to do with all the budget they have. I think that chanse of Williams fixing the problems before them are slim.

Myvatn 04 August, 2019 07:26
Quote:
IanSmithISA
Good morning,
I am not sure about the enthusiasm, as 2018 Qualifying saw a similar "improvement"

Lewis Hamilton 01:17.4
Valtteri Bottas 01:17.1
Kimi Räikkönen 01:17.5
Sebastian Vettel 01:16.7
Carlos Sainz 01:17.8
Pierre Gasly 01:18.6
Max Verstappen 01:16.9
Brendon Hartley 01:18.4
Kevin Magnussen 01:18.3
Romain Grosjean 01:17.9
Fernando Alonso 01:18.2
Daniel Ricciardo 01:18.5
Nico Hulkenberg 01:17.9
Marcus Ericsson 01:18.6
Lance Stroll 01:18.6
Stoffel Vandoorne 01:18.8
Charles Leclerc 01:18.8
Esteban Ocon 01:19.1
Sergio Perez 01:19.2
Sergey Sirotkin 01:19.3

Possibly an interesting point is the gap between Stroll and Sirotkin and a big gap between Russell and Kubica.

Stroll has gone on to prove himself as a competent driver whereas Sirotkin is back in a test driver role.

Hungary is very much a special case circuit, it is where Damon Hill almost won in the Arrows, hardly representative of absolute car performance.

Bye

Ian
That result was due to changing track conditions - the track was quickly drying and Stroll took advantage of that. In the race the car was@#$%&as it was all year (bar Monza).

Of course the track could be flattering the car, but I wouldn’t take last year as a reference.

Myvatn 04 August, 2019 07:28
Quote:
Filip
[streamable.com]

They really need to look into Robert’s car problems. Difference in grip level is pretty obivious in the corners
A possible reason could be that Robert just isn’t able to make the tires work. I don’t think the team can do much about that.

Stu69 04 August, 2019 09:37
Quote:
Andrew Hooper

As for qualifying performance with Russell yes there may be a degree of truth that others failed to deliver but from my point of view the result was such a big lift for the team and the gap to the cars in front has closed up with the times separating Russell from those just outside the top ten only a few tenths. If you can't see that as a positive step forward well I don't know what would make you see something as a positive step forward for Williams.

Well said Andrew! Regardless of the result today things are on the up!

Bye

Filip 04 August, 2019 11:08
Quote:
Myvatn
Quote:
Filip
[streamable.com]

A possible reason could be that Robert just isn’t able to make the tires work. I don’t think the team can do much about that.

He has an engineer. I think they would tell him after 11 races that his tyre tempa are not in the right window?

phatjack 04 August, 2019 12:03
Quote:
Stu69
Quote:
Andrew Hooper

Well said Andrew! Regardless of the result today things are on the up!

Bye

If Russel can score a podium like Stroll, then i'll eat my hat. These band solutions that Williams keeps bringing as updates make them look desperate.

Filip 04 August, 2019 12:07
Robert for AMuS:

„There are weekends where I’m closer to George. The next time I’m far behind. The problems with my car are huge but noone can explain them”

He also said he needs to be careful as there is not enough spare parts in the newest configuration available

Myvatn 04 August, 2019 12:37
Quote:
Filip
Robert for AMuS:
„There are weekends where I’m closer to George. The next time I’m far behind. The problems with my car are huge but noone can explain them”

He also said he needs to be careful as there is not enough spare parts in the newest configuration available
This is getting so boring. Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net