Latest news:

2020 Australian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Hungarian GP 2019 (Practice, Qualifying and Race)
phatjack 04 August, 2019 12:55
Quote:
Myvatn
Quote:
Filip
Robert for AMuS:
ĄThere are weekends where Iím closer to George. The next time Iím far behind. The problems with my car are huge but noone can explain themĒ

He also said he needs to be careful as there is not enough spare parts in the newest configuration available
This is getting so boring. Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Robert's excuses allows the Willy fanboys from being William apologists!

Filip 04 August, 2019 12:59
Quote:
phatjack
Quote:
Myvatn
Quote:
Filip
Robert for AMuS:
ĄThere are weekends where Iím closer to George. The next time Iím far behind. The problems with my car are huge but noone can explain themĒ

He also said he needs to be careful as there is not enough spare parts in the newest configuration available
This is getting so boring. Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Robert's excuses allows the Willy fanboys from being William apologists!

Itís nice to have a different perspective than your local Sky propaganda 24/7.

Andrew Hooper 04 August, 2019 13:05
Well here we go. Can Russell turn his qualifying performance into a good result.

Mehryar 04 August, 2019 13:11
Hopefully George can have a clean start and fight a bit with other teams.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Filip 04 August, 2019 13:42
Quote:
Mehryar

Nope. He canít. Waiting for some nice portion of excuses after the race.

Myvatn 04 August, 2019 13:49
Quote:
Filip
Quote:
Mehryar

Yeah, better to watch the race from behind and at a safe distance grinning smiley

GPL 04 August, 2019 13:52
Still got a lot to do yet.
But heading in the right direction now maybe.

Mehryar 04 August, 2019 14:12
I think tyres are a big issue for us as George was fast at the start of both stints and was able to lap as fast as the cars around but after 5-6 laps, laptimes are gone.

Still it's rewarding.They only need half a second to fight for last point.A big step.

Mehryar 04 August, 2019 14:17
Quote:
Filip
Quote:
Mehryar

Which driver do you mean? Excuses are for the other side of the garage, not George.

Filip 04 August, 2019 14:50
Quote:
Mehryar
Quote:
Filip
Quote:
Mehryar

Which driver do you mean? Excuses are for the other side of the garage, not George.

ĄI could have been 7thĒ - George after Germany. How many points he got there??

Mehryar 04 August, 2019 14:53
I don't need to remind each and every excuse of Kubica for being too slow after every session every weekend.
They are just too many to count and to remember.

Looking forward to his last one in few hours.How does he want to explain 1.2sec gap in quali and then half a second per lap in race conditions? Probably it's FIA this time cause the car difference excuse is getting old.

boro1986willliamsf1 04 August, 2019 14:55
Now that is an improvement ok 2 laps down but ahead of stroll going in the right direction happy

100% Williams
WILL SUPPORT WILLIAMS AS LONG AS THEY HAVE A TEAM

Mehryar 04 August, 2019 14:57
Anyway, aside from answering these fanboys, back to the race: it was disappointing to be 1 sec per lap slower than our rivals.Hopefully abit more time with these new bits and having more of them can push us into a real fight.

Bottas, well...there's a reason he can't win a title.How many chances does he want to throw away? 2 in a row already.

Goxxy 04 August, 2019 15:00
Will you guys stop bickering and shut the @#$%& up? All of you, Kubica fanboys, his admirers seeking for any possible or impossible excuse (specially that measly 1pt we got for Alfas being disqualified) and everyone around Russel @#$%& how Kubica is slow and Russel is a god given driver, being so fast and then finishing 19th with no points to his name. For @#$%& sake, this is a TEAM not two drivers and if you can't accept that then stay away from this forum. I'm so sick and tired of reading this bullshit on every single page, from all of you. And this comes from someone who's not nationality biased (not British, not Polish, just Serbian Williams supporter), so please either stop with this nonsense or try seeing this with a sense of objectivity!

Andrew Hooper 04 August, 2019 15:03
Race result was somewhat disappointing in some ways as FW42 still is lacking in pace. But if nothing else at least Russell was able to finish ahead of other drivers based on his pace. Just that his pace is still way off the cars in front and does seem to be very inconsistent.

As for Kubica. Again last and not much I can say apart from it must have been a big disappointment for his fans at the race.

Anderis 04 August, 2019 15:04
I'm a bit disappoitned with race pace. Nowhere near as good as qualy.

Mehryar 04 August, 2019 15:04
I can't stay quite if I see there are guys who come here and attack our driver and then the team itself to not give them equal equipments.

As long as there are these idiotic posts, surely I defend my fav team.

Gunk 04 August, 2019 16:58
I thought that was quite interesting.

Hamilton is still a real kid and just soooh motivated. The jury is apparently still out over a team mate for next year but I don't think much if anything will change.

(It's between Esteban and Valterri' says Toto' - Autosport.}

Sainz continues to impress me . . . not the greatest qualifier but quite relentless as a race-driver . . . and he seems to be flourishing at McLaren. As does Norris.

Meanwhile, Daddy Stroll spends zillions buying a new team for Lance and he finishes behind . . . a Williams. Cruel world. )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2019 17:16 by Gunk.

j-s 04 August, 2019 18:04
Pace still not there, pnbiosly. But there is reason to be optimistic. Car has improved. That is something Tha hasn't happened in a long time.

Kubica struggles, sad to see. Hope he can find some pace. Soon. At least get close to Russell. Send him off with some dignity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2019 18:08 by j-s.

Gunk 04 August, 2019 18:36
Williams F1 Race Notes

George Russell finished 16th and Robert Kubica 19th in the Hungarian Grand Prix.

Both drivers started on the hard Pirelli tyre, George 15th and Robert 19th on the grid. George ran a one-stop race, pitting on lap 17 for the hard Pirelli tyre. Robert also pitted once during the race, on lap 20 for the hard Pirelli tyre.

Dave Robson, Senior Race Engineer: [/b]The lack of high fuel running earlier in the weekend, and the warmer conditions today meant that the optimum strategy wasn't completely clear. Indeed, the battle at the front between Max and Lewis shows how close the strategies were. We opted to complete an aggressive one-stop strategy, pitting George to cover the Alfa Romeo and allowing him to race Stroll to the end. Robert had a slightly shorter final stint but had to contend with multiple blue flags. Both drivers managed their tyres well, with George able to hold Stroll off on much newer tyres.

We still need to work on the car pace, but we have seen some improvements this weekend and we can now enjoy the shutdown period before returning to tackle the very different challenges offered by Spa and Monza.

[b]George Russell:
Yesterday definitely exceeded expectations, so it was a little bit back to reality today. I had a good first lap and made up two positions on Magnussen and Kvyat at turn four and five, which was pretty fun. It was nice to be racing other drivers. We've still got work to do but there are a lot of positives to take from this weekend. We've made a good step forward.

Robert Kubica: The race was as expected. We had to manage the tyres to get to the end with a one-stop strategy. The feeling wasn't great in the car, similar to yesterday. After the break we have completely different tracks, we will have to wait and see if we are able to close the gap, like George was able to do here. It is amazing to see how many people from Poland came here. I would like to thank them for the great atmosphere and hope that they go home with good memories, as I will do.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net