Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Italian GP 2019 - Practice, Qualifying and Race
Discussion started by Stuart L , 06 September, 2019 08:41
Italian GP 2019 - Practice, Qualifying and Race
Stuart L 06 September, 2019 08:41
End of the European season this weekend at the spiritual home of F1 in the Royal Park at Monza. A great track steeped in history. Love the old banking and thinking about the greats who raced here and perished here...Von Tripps, Peterson, Rindt etc etc.

Not expecting much this weekend, wonder if we might get a jubilant retirement for F1 announcement soon or not. To be honest it feels he’s closer to George recently and I’d be ok if he stays on and brings money as before.

Re: Italian GP 2019 - Practice, Qualifying and Race
Mehryar 06 September, 2019 09:34
Drivers saying it will be our worst possible track so we can't expect much but who knows!

On line-up thing, I don't think we hear anything regarding the second seat in quite a long time.They will wait for other teams to close and then selling the seat at the highest possible price.Something they've done in last 3 yrs.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Andrew Hooper 06 September, 2019 09:42
Lots of behind the scenes stuff to work through at Williams before the second driver announcement. I still understand that Kubica is held in quite high regard despite his lack of pace so will be interesting to see who they pick.

As for this weekend not sure if I should just avoid watching the sessions from the weekend as from what Russell has said it will be the worst weekend. I hope he is wrong.

Myvatn 06 September, 2019 09:46
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
Lots of behind the scenes stuff to work through at Williams before the second driver announcement. I still understand that Kubica is held in quite high regard despite his lack of pace so will be interesting to see who they pick.
As for this weekend not sure if I should just avoid watching the sessions from the weekend as from what Russell has said it will be the worst weekend. I hope he is wrong.
I hope he’s wrong too, as I’ll see all sessions at the track.

Last year at least I saw Stroll passing someone grinning smiley

tomazy 06 September, 2019 10:23
Russell with pre germany aero in FP1 first run.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDxUb2FUEAYqTIY.jpg:large

Myvatn 06 September, 2019 10:40
Quote:
tomazy
Russell with pre germany aero in FP1 first run.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDxUb2FUEAYqTIY.jpg:large
Are we still short on parts, or there are doubts about the updates package? I don’t know which would be worse news... -.-

# 33 Max Crashstappen 06 September, 2019 10:45
Quote:
Mehryar
Drivers saying it will be our worst possible track so we can't expect much but who knows!
On line-up thing, I don't think we hear anything regarding the second seat in quite a long time.They will wait for other teams to close and then selling the seat at the highest possible price.Something they've done in last 3 yrs.

Lol the drivers are saying it will be our worst possible track??? Every track this year has been Williams worst possible track, wake up guys Williams have come dead last at every single track this year.

Myvatn 06 September, 2019 11:33
Our rear wing looks @#$%& huge...

Anderis 06 September, 2019 11:57
Quote:
# 33 Max Crashstappen
Quote:
Mehryar

Lol the drivers are saying it will be our worst possible track??? Every track this year has been Williams worst possible track, wake up guys Williams have come dead last at every single track this year.
Except Hungary.

Mehryar 06 September, 2019 12:51
Quote:
# 33 Max Crashstappen
Quote:
Mehryar

Good to know you're still alive Whitey.

-------------

About the team running old package, maybe it was abit less draggy, isn't it a possibility?

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Mikef1 06 September, 2019 15:42
Quote:
Myvatn
Our rear wing looks @#$%& huge...

Probably figured we would be so bad here there was no point developing a monza wing this year. Resources better spent finding time on the car in its normal state over a one off wing

Filip 06 September, 2019 17:52
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
Lots of behind the scenes stuff to work through at Williams before the second driver announcement. I still understand that Kubica is held in quite high regard despite his lack of pace so will be interesting to see who they pick

Maybe he is held in high regard because they know why he is „lacking pace” and it’s not because of the driver I can assure you

Mikef1 06 September, 2019 19:53
Quote:
Filip
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
Lots of behind the scenes stuff to work through at Williams before the second driver announcement. I still understand that Kubica is held in quite high regard despite his lack of pace so will be interesting to see who they pick

Maybe he is held in high regard because they know why he is „lacking pace” and it’s not because of the driver I can assure you

Except it is. Hes getting dominated. Why bother assuring someone without any facts? Sadly, in this @#$%& car, Robert simply cannot so the same job as Russell. Things may be different in a better car, but this is a @#$%& car, and the cars are the same.

I was actually coming on here to say I feel for Robert. He came back from a horrible accident and landed a seat despite the adversity and it's just been a @#$%& experience for him. His car is useless, hes not done well against his teammate, and in the interviews he gets a lot of ahit questions about it and nothing else. Nobody focuses on the positives of his story, hes just treated as a full on back marker driver with risk of losing his seat. His comeback should have been greater.

All these bollocks theories about different cars and power modes and favouritism have poisoned a lot of other fans about kubica so a lot of the f1 fanbase dont care for him much either now. Like all his mega fans pretending they know some secret that they dont want to share with the rest of the world and that were all so stupid for thinking that robert could not be as good as george when he clearly isnt.

So he turns up to the race weekends, drives a @#$%& car with a bad team full of negativity, gets defeated by george, answers @#$%& questions in the media, and because of his poisonous fans barely anyone else cares he bothered to turn up. He must have the patience of a saint.

Gunk 06 September, 2019 22:06
You forgot to add ' /rant over' , Mike.

smiling smiley

I am sure Williams is quite happy that Robert is keeping the bidding at over 20m for the second seat, otherwise he might just pitch up next year as well. )

Greg_OR 06 September, 2019 22:11
I even will not discus this any more, as this is kind of believing not based on fact because only facts we know are end results, we have no telemetry nor other data to prove one theory or other.

Great news is that Robert got new steering wheel this weekend, he asked for it day after signing with Williams 9 months ago.

After FP2 he stated that he had surprisingly good feeling in the car, possibly best of all season.
Than he was asked if the new steering wheel was helpful.
He answered "It would be, if they made it the way I asked."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2019 22:13 by Greg_OR.

Mikef1 06 September, 2019 22:49
Quote:
Greg_OR
I even will not discus this any more, as this is kind of believing not based on fact because only facts we know are end results, we have no telemetry nor other data to prove one theory or other.
Great news is that Robert got new steering wheel this weekend, he asked for it day after signing with Williams 9 months ago.

After FP2 he stated that he had surprisingly good feeling in the car, possibly best of all season.
Than he was asked if the new steering wheel was helpful.
He answered "It would be, if they made it the way I asked."

But this is exactly what I mean.

Its tragic that William's cant cater to a bloody steering wheel request. Especially considering hes got countless millions behind him. Any other team would have had it done by pre season.

Same as sirotkin last year and his seat issues. Williams seems to be a joke at present to me. I know they need to focus on the car performance but driver confidence is just as important.

Just adding, its tragic that Kubica has to seemingly run a full sized rear wing after his spoon wing was apparently damaged during qn engine failure??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2019 22:54 by Mikef1.

Affinity 07 September, 2019 08:54
Quote:
Mikef1
Just adding, its tragic that Kubica has to seemingly run a full sized rear wing after his spoon wing was apparently damaged during an engine failure??
That's what I heard, too. If you look at sector times/gaps, Robert regularly had an awful S1 at Spa (essentially Kemmel straight), followed by a very quick S2 (twisty part). That would point to a significantly higher downforce spec. Raikkonen had ~15-20kph advantage over him on the straights even without DRS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2019 12:54 by Affinity.

Myvatn 07 September, 2019 14:26
Embarassing. At least Minardi usually had a @#$%& engine in their backs.

Mikef1 07 September, 2019 15:02
Quote:
Myvatn
Embarassing. At least Minardi usually had a @#$%& engine in their backs.

Nothing more to say really, just embarrassing.

Mikef1 07 September, 2019 15:16
That end to q3 was a @#$%& joke. What is going on in this sport. Pathetic.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net