Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Italian GP 2019 - Practice, Qualifying and Race
Myvatn 08 September, 2019 23:18
Quote:
Greg_OR
Quote:
Myvatn
That’s what I saw trackside. Of course the old engine may have been a factor, but still I do not think that’s likely to entirely cause the 1+ s/lap gap that we saw. Also, from your own data I see that “cornering” is the field in which Russell apparently has the biggest advantage...
That's what I'm talking about - many of you see what you want to see, trackside or not.

Engines they had were not only new/old spec but also George's was 1 race old and Robert's 6 races!
That's exactly what I meant - old spec and (six races) old engine. For once, an objective disadvantage.
Quote:
Greg_OR
These are not "my own" data but official FIA F1 data from their site: [www.formula1.com]
another example Lewis vs Robert
And "cornering" is George's biggest disadvantage as higher note is better here, but you assummed George has to be better...

My bad, I thought George was on the right side as he got higher scores on "throttle" grinning smiley

But still, I cannot see these numbers as representative of performance - how could Robert in this piece of @#$%& of a car be faster than Hamilton in corners? And in fact they are not representative of outright performance, as can be seen here [www.formula1.com]. So, exactly, what is the point?

Quote:
Greg_OR
Another "experience" - during his 1st pit green light was shown when front right was not fixed, Robert started on green but immediately stopped allowing crew to fix the wheel: [twitter.com]
Oh my God, this is terrible!

Being serious, yes, he lost some time here. Still, in the last laps, with much newer tires and faster compound, he couldn't match Russell's fastest lap.

I mean, if this race was an exception I could take all of this more seriously. But it has been like this all year and the time to accept this has long been passed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2019 23:24 by Myvatn.

# 33 Max Crashstappen 08 September, 2019 23:40
I see Max is living up to his name "Crashstappen" he crashed at Belgium and he crashed at Italy.

Greg_OR 09 September, 2019 00:31
the point is that raw results often are misleading for Williams as they drive in separate league.
Fastest lap? George did 0.12 s faster, with so many variables as random tow opportunity, DRS, lapping cars etc. so one tenth with that old engine, its not bad grinning smiley

tomazy 09 September, 2019 06:31
Quote:
Greg_OR
the point is that raw results often are misleading for Williams as they drive in separate league.
Fastest lap? George did 0.12 s faster, with so many variables as random tow opportunity, DRS, lapping cars etc. so one tenth with that old engine, its not bad grinning smiley

It is bad, as Kubica did his fastest lap on 4 lap old softest (fastest) tire, Russell did it on 29 old hardest (slowest) tire.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net