Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Vettel is done for
Discussion started by Filip , 08 September, 2019 20:17
Vettel is done for
Filip 08 September, 2019 20:17
No words for him. Ferrari must make this decision, call the lawyers and terminate this contract asap. Vettel lost it completely imo.

Re: Vettel is done for
Myvatn 08 September, 2019 20:29
I think he will make the call himself. I don’t see him continuing after 2020, and wouldn’t be surprised if he’s already thinking about retirement.

# 33 Max Crashstappen 08 September, 2019 23:35
So Vettel has not been able to win a WDC with Ferrari and he won't now, oh well it looks like Vettel will finish his career a 4 times WDC.

Filip 09 September, 2019 10:02
Quote:
# 33 Max Crashstappen
So Vettel has not been able to win a WDC with Ferrari and he won't now, oh well it looks like Vettel will finish his career a 4 times WDC.

Great achievement but it’s time for him. He had a winning car in RedBull but once the car got worse he makes a mistake after mistake. He is a quick driver but just can’t keep cool when pushed or in traffic. This happened waaay to many times for 4x champion for the last few years in Ferrari.

# 33 Max Crashstappen 09 September, 2019 10:29
I can't believe the way Vettel came back onto the track after his spin, he just drove directly into on coming traffic and hit Stroll, that was one of the biggest brain explosions that I have ever seen in F1.

Andrew Hooper 09 September, 2019 12:35
I would like to see him away from Ferrari but still racing as I feel that we would see a revitalised Vettel. Maybe go back to Red Bull.

williams4284 09 September, 2019 13:26
I was never a fan of Ferrari nor Vettel.

But with the Halo, helmet support, F1 mirrors and the position he was, there is no way that you could check for oncoming traffic. Maybe he should have waited for a marshall to wave him in but....

# 33 Max Crashstappen 09 September, 2019 13:42
Quote:
williams4284
But with the Halo, helmet support, F1 mirrors and the position he was, there is no way that you could check for oncoming traffic. Maybe he should have waited for a marshall to wave him in but....

That is NO EXCUSE so you are saying he could not see if there was a car coming at racing speed so because he could not see you think he is okay to just drive back on the track blind and hope there isn't a car coming? wtf???

# 33 Max Crashstappen 09 September, 2019 13:48
Quote:
williams4284

That is like saying if you are in a road car at an intersection at a give way sign and you can't see on coming traffic because something is blocking your view but you still just pull out anyway and hope there isn't a car coming...lol.

Vettel did a dumb thing and he did the wrong thing and there is absolutely no excuses!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2019 13:51 by # 33 Max Crashstappen.

Mikef1 09 September, 2019 17:48
Wouldn't surprise me to see Vettel retire 2020, Lewis to ferrari and Russell into the Mercedes.

Myvatn 09 September, 2019 17:55
Quote:
Mikef1
Wouldn't surprise me to see Vettel retire 2020, Lewis to ferrari and Russell into the Mercedes.

The first part wouldn't surprise me either, but I can't see Lewis leaving Mercedes. A Russell - Hamilton pairing for 2021 is more likely in my opinion.

phatjack 09 September, 2019 18:19
I think the Honey Badger reversing into Kvyat at the 2019 Azerbaijan Grand Prix beats this! (Sm151)

dot_com 09 September, 2019 18:29
Vettel started out as a “crash kid”, got promoted to Red Bull based on some really spirited drives in an underdog Torro Rosso. He then had a great career driving the best car in the field, but now that he isn’t in the best car, he’s struggling to keep up with the young gun. The point is, he’s really mostly only ever driven to the level of his car at the time - Vettel is a great driver, but I don’t put him on the same level as Alonso, Hamilton, Schumacher etc who could consistently outperform the car they are given. Vettel is a family man now and seems to not enjoy F1 as much as he once did. As other people have mentioned, his whole body language has changed since his RBR days. I think he needs to either move on to another team or retire, as he isn’t doing his reputation any good at Ferrari now.

Mikef1 09 September, 2019 20:09
Quote:
Myvatn
Quote:
Mikef1

The first part wouldn't surprise me either, but I can't see Lewis leaving Mercedes. A Russell - Hamilton pairing for 2021 is more likely in my opinion.

Hamilton always keeps the door slightly open and every year waxes lyrical about jow great it would be wearing a red suit and winning for the tifosi.

While I dont think it would definitely happen, I think hitting that 7th world championship next year at mercedes I could actually see him moving away out of respect for Schumacher and a new challenge.

SydneyF1Fan 09 September, 2019 20:48
Quote:
Mikef1
Hamilton always keeps the door slightly open and every year waxes lyrical about jow great it would be wearing a red suit and winning for the tifosi.
While I dont think it would definitely happen, I think hitting that 7th world championship next year at mercedes I could actually see him moving away out of respect for Schumacher and a new challenge.

I don't believe he'd pay any respect. He wants all the records he can have before they're broken by Max and LEC in his retirement!

If like to see him take #7 with Merc and #'s 8, 9 and 10 with Ferrari!

As for Seb - no words. Another brain fade. I think he'll go one more year with Ferrari then retire. Can't see him coming back with Red Bull in 2021 - they'll have other options by then, and unless Newey is still there building winning cars to his style, I don't there is a chance for him against Max.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

phatjack 09 September, 2019 22:37
Like Fred, Seb can always come back to F1 as an ambassador or like Webber and Coulthard do F1 colour commentary.

I like the thought of LeClerc and Verstappen going head to head! If only they can find a way to get Russell in a car that suitable of his talent rather than it being wasted on some back of the grid team LeClerc I think will be in trouble.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2019 22:38 by phatjack.

j-s 09 September, 2019 23:40
I have a question. Who is Fred? Alonso? If so, why? Fernando does not translate to Frederick or Alfred or whatever name you can tag Fred to. Manfredo , Alfredo, even Federico Alonso could be Fred. But not Fernando.

Anywyas. Carry on.

Mikef1 10 September, 2019 07:35
Quote:
SydneyF1Fan
Quote:
Mikef1

I don't believe he'd pay any respect. He wants all the records he can have before they're broken by Max and LEC in his retirement!

If like to see him take #7 with Merc and #'s 8, 9 and 10 with Ferrari!

As for Seb - no words. Another brain fade. I think he'll go one more year with Ferrari then retire. Can't see him coming back with Red Bull in 2021 - they'll have other options by then, and unless Newey is still there building winning cars to his style, I don't there is a chance for him against Max.

Leclerc has done well but I wouldn't rate him at Verstappens level yet. We've not seen him have to so much actual racing. It wont be easy for those two anyway with the likes of Norris, Russell and Albon also viable for top drives.

Gunk 10 September, 2019 14:10
Vettel is a truly great driver but . . . he makes mistakes. These days, Hamilton makes almost none. Rosberg completely changed the way he drove in order to beat Lewis. Not as exciting perhaps but super calculated. Vettel just can't stay as cool as Rosberg and is prone to the odd hissy fit. It takes massive self-discipline to beat Lewis . . . look at the way Rosberg was thinking about muscle fat and every gramme translating into hundredths of a second. He gave up cycling the year he beat Lewis.

Anyway, no disrespect at all, but I don't think Vettel has that kind of focus anymore - I'm even surprised Lewis still is still at that level.

Mikef1 10 September, 2019 19:20
Quote:
Gunk
Vettel is a truly great driver but . . . he makes mistakes. These days, Hamilton makes almost none. Rosberg completely changed the way he drove in order to beat Lewis. Not as exciting perhaps but super calculated. Vettel just can't stay as cool as Rosberg and is prone to the odd hissy fit. It takes massive self-discipline to beat Lewis . . . look at the way Rosberg was thinking about muscle fat and every gramme translating into hundredths of a second. He gave up cycling the year he beat Lewis.
Anyway, no disrespect at all, but I don't think Vettel has that kind of focus anymore - I'm even surprised Lewis still is still at that level.

Hamilton is probably the greatest f1 driver of all time. Hes also the driver who's been in the right place at the right time. If it was Vettel vs Rosberg from 2014 onwards I believe Vettel may have achieved similar greatness but I think Rosberg would have probably walked away with another championship against his teammate.

Hamilton is not only a great qualifier, the attributes that separate him from Bottas are his tyre management and also his ability to drive close to other cars. Bottas in Spa and Monza and several other races was faster than lewis in clean air but loses that pace when it comes to actually racing. Lewis is the complete package, he has no real perceivable weakness where other drivers have at least one.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net