GroveF1 19 September, 2019 13:44

Re: RE: Kubica announces departure
boro1986willliamsf1 19 September, 2019 13:47
Well that will please a lot on here

100% Williams
WILL SUPPORT WILLIAMS AS LONG AS THEY HAVE A TEAM

Mehryar 19 September, 2019 14:09
Surely it's against the favor of team fans to see a driver being more than half a second slower and then accusing everything and everyone for not giving him an equal car.

But being happy? As long as we finish up with Latifi, not much' is going to change.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Ozzy Osbone 19 September, 2019 14:34
I think, lets be respectful. He just didn't cut it at the end of the day. I doubt very much he had inferior equipment for the whole season. I very much wanted to give him a go but it hasn't come off. Best of luck to Robert in his future career. Much respect to the guy.

CLOVERLEAF 888 19 September, 2019 14:36
I am sad and happy at the same time. Sad that he just Couldnt get to grips with the car and modern F1. Happy that at least he got the chance to try again after having his F1 dream cut short. Of course I'm talking more on a human level and out of respect.

Sadly F1 waits for no one and we need to have a driver in the second car more on it. We need someone ready for when George leaves or we will end up in a mess. Having said that if Latifi is the guy, I'm not sure. I would put hulk in that seat if we can afford him and he wants to come. Sadly I think neither are true.

Andrew Hooper 19 September, 2019 15:18
The second driver decision is going to be a very difficult one for Williams. Do we need a driver who can bring a high level of talent behind the wheel or someone who is maybe not as good but with a budget,

Right now if Williams does not have a budget we are never going to be able to move forward with the performance of the 2020-2021 cars.

I would rather have a half decent driver and have a faster car,

Myvatn 19 September, 2019 15:48
I am sorry that Kubica's return didn't go well, and that this has been in good part due to Williams' inability to give him an even decently competitive car. Still, it was always going to be difficult to come back after such a long time and life-changing accident and be competitive in a tough environment like F1, and I think it was the right decision to take a step back. He succeeded in coming back and deserves huge respect for this, but he just is no longer fast enough for F1. I hope he will enjoy success in whatever category he chooses for next years.

GroveF1 19 September, 2019 16:50
The way Claire's been touting Latifi's promise and the fact that this coincides with Williams'poor finances and sponsor money from Latifi's father - only leads to one outcome.

IanSmithISA 19 September, 2019 16:51
Good evening,

Ouch!

This seems to throw George Russell's position into doubt as well.

I don't know what GR brings to Williams in terms of cash or discounts but Claire's recent remarks when there was talk of GR replacing Bottas seems to suggest that there is not a lot of money flowing from Mercedes. Instead it is here is a possible champion of the future, make the best use of him that you can.

Bye

Ian

Gunk 19 September, 2019 17:44
Quote:
IanSmithISA

Ouch!

Well, it is a very early announcement. Kubica keeping the seat warm does keep the price warm as well. Now Latifi can bid 5 with no competition. And I just don't see any.

Anderis 19 September, 2019 18:10
The problem for Latifi is that there's also no competition for Williams as well as no one else seems to have an opening for a driver like him. I bet Williams will still end up with a pretty good deal.

Mikef1 19 September, 2019 19:57
On reddit there have been rumours for a few weeks that an agreement in principle is in place with Latifi already for the seat subject to him getting his super license.

This is probably the same as Massas first sacking. The team let the drivers say they are off on their own terms, pleasing for all fans.

an.jo 19 September, 2019 20:21
Quote:
Myvatn
I am sorry that Kubica's return didn't go well, and that this has been in good part due to Williams' inability to give him an even decently competitive car. Still, it was always going to be difficult to come back after such a long time and life-changing accident and be competitive in a tough environment like F1, and I think it was the right decision to take a step back. He succeeded in coming back and deserves huge respect for this, but he just is no longer fast enough for F1. I hope he will enjoy success in whatever category he chooses for next years.

Can't add anything to or subtract anything from this.

j-s 19 September, 2019 21:20
I loved the concept of a Kubica comeback driving for Williams. Almost a perfect story (had the car been any good and Kubica himself been average instead of tragically slow).

Now I'm looking forward to what he says. He has nothing left to lose, and maybe he can give us an unfiltered view of what's going on at Williams and where the team is headed in his opinion.

I hope he keeps racing somewhere.

phatjack 19 September, 2019 21:28
Don't think you need Robert to tell you how bad things are at Williams. Claire can do that on her own and she is an able body person.

GroveF1 19 September, 2019 22:21
Able body person? Hmm ... Still having my doubts on Claire after these last 2 seasons. Owner's daughter or not

j-s 20 September, 2019 02:26
Low, but not out of character phat.

SydneyF1Fan 21 September, 2019 09:10
Quote:
Gunk
Quote:
IanSmithISA

Ouch!

Well, it is a very early announcement. Kubica keeping the seat warm does keep the price warm as well. Now Latifi can bid 5 with no competition. And I just don't see any.

Possibly, but then they won't have any money to spend on the car he's driving, so not necessarily in his best interests.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net