Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Singapore - Silly Posts And Conspiracy Theories
Discussion started by Gunk , 21 September, 2019 12:23
Singapore - Silly Posts And Conspiracy Theories
Gunk 21 September, 2019 12:23
The morning practice times are quite interesting . . . looks as if some cars are set up for Q much more than race on this impossible to pass track.

(Max 1 sec quicker than Albon?)

Edit . . . . oops, final times turned a lot around.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 21/09/2019 15:44 by Gunk.

Re: Singapore - Qualifying & Race
Affinity 21 September, 2019 14:29
Robert didn't make it in time to start his last measured lap, so his only attempt was on used tyres... That was a good chance to finally get a 1-up on George, considering that he made a mistake and wouldn't improve on his final lap.
Oh well, at least the pace looked good, so we may actually be somewhat competitive in the race.

Edit: I was watching on F1TV - Paul Williams told Robert to abort the lap after turn 3, as he didn't make the flag. Except that he did make it in time. Maybe the lights aren't in sync with the timing system, maybe it's a different line that counts (unlikely), but if not... That's amateur hour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/09/2019 14:52 by Affinity.

Filip 21 September, 2019 15:08
Quote:
Affinity
Robert didn't make it in time to start his last measured lap, so his only attempt was on used tyres... That was a good chance to finally get a 1-up on George, considering that he made a mistake and wouldn't improve on his final lap.
Oh well, at least the pace looked good, so we may actually be somewhat competitive in the race.

Edit: I was watching on F1TV - Paul Williams told Robert to abort the lap after turn 3, as he didn't make the flag. Except that he did make it in time. Maybe the lights aren't in sync with the timing system, maybe it's a different line that counts (unlikely), but if not... That's amateur hour.

To me he made it fine. Lights need to be in sync otherwise they would be pointless. I don’t believe Paul Williams blew that one, he had all the data there in front. Robert just can’t beat Russell in this team. Russel made a mistake on his lap and Robert was only 0,3 behind this time. He had a shot at beating him but I guess as usual they need to make precious George look like a F1 god

# 33 Max Crashstappen 21 September, 2019 15:20
YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS....My man Leclerc has pole YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!

I am the happiest man in the world because Leclerc is now set for life at Ferrari and in the next coming years Ferrari will have the quickest car and hahaha sucked in Verstappen because Ferrari will not sign you because they will not won't to rock the boat with Leclerc.

Yes Go Leclerc....

Sucked in Max you will not be able to push your way into Ferrari while Leclerc is there.

LMAO at Max because he is locked out of Ferrari.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/09/2019 15:31 by # 33 Max Crashstappen.

Re: Singapore - Silly Posts And Conspiracy Theories
Andrew Hooper 21 September, 2019 16:15
Post qualifying interview Kubica said that he had an issue with his car and that he missed starting the final lap by one second. That is why he was told to abort his lap.

Filip 21 September, 2019 16:26
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
Post qualifying interview Kubica said that he had an issue with his car and that he missed starting the final lap by one second. That is why he was told to abort his lap.
Watch the onboard. He didn’t

Affinity 21 September, 2019 16:42
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
Thanks for the info, Andrew. Maybe it's similar to what happened to Bottas in Monza - there was a discrepancy between the lights and the timing system there. Just to be clear - I wasn't implying sabotage, but rather a mistake from the pitwall.

I'm cautiously optimistic for the race. It's hard to overtake here, and we aren't that far off the pace. A fortunate SC or a good strategy can put us in an actual fight for position.

Mehryar 21 September, 2019 20:51
LOL@ Thread name change! Nice one Gunk.

Clearly some guys here claim to know something that Williams, FIA and Kubica himself don't know!
Good to know there's only a few weeks till these stupid posts fade away.

Back to Qualifying, there was clearly a chance for Q2.George was faster than those Haas drivers all weekend.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Mikef1 21 September, 2019 21:40
Probably one of those nuances like how Bottas didn't jump the start in Austria 2017. On some tracks the quali timing line isnt directly on the start/finish and also sometimes the screen feedback and audio are out of sync so basing it on the onboard alone aren't good enough.

Gunk 21 September, 2019 21:52
Quote:
Mehryar
Back to Qualifying, there was clearly a chance for Q2.George was faster than those Haas drivers all weekend.

Yes . . . it makes one cautiously optimistic about next year. Last year's McLaren suffered from drag and since they cleaned it up it has gone rather well. I think Alonso's best result was here. The car is clearly predictable and very driveable. (Can be driven by almost anyone with only one hand.)

# 33 Max Crashstappen 22 September, 2019 04:00
There is a rumour that Ricciardo will replace Vettel at Ferrari,...That would be awesome because this would mean my 2 favourite drivers (Leclerc & Ricciardo ) will be together at Ferrari and in the next 5 years Ferrari are going to have the best car on the grid.

Sucked in Verstappen there is no way you are going to get a Ferrari race seat.

Lol at Verstappen being locked out of a Ferrari race seat Hahaha!

# 33 Max Crashstappen 22 September, 2019 09:11
Yes I am guilty I am a Leclerc fanboy I am guilty of this.

SydneyF1Fan 22 September, 2019 10:44
I'd love to see that pairing too Whitey, but Ferrari also saying they'd prefer a clear number 1 & 2 driver, so may be a bit of a clash there as I can't see either of them taking the #2 status.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

# 33 Max Crashstappen 22 September, 2019 11:47
Quote:
SydneyF1Fan
I'd love to see that pairing too Whitey, but Ferrari also saying they'd prefer a clear number 1 & 2 driver, so may be a bit of a clash there as I can't see either of them taking the #2 status.

Yeah would be good to see Leclerc and Ricciardo team mates at Ferrari.

Hey Syd do you agree with me that Ferrari will never ever sign Verstappen to be Leclerc's team mate?

Gunk 22 September, 2019 11:54
Quote:
SydneyF1Fan

True, that's been widely reported. But Ric and Max worked fairly well together . . . some pairings do work and some don't. (Ham and Ros are still not really speaking it seems.)

It would be an awesome combination. And you have to say, Vet has been a bit flaky of late.

phatjack 22 September, 2019 17:40
Montoya one of those loved by the Willy Fanboys doesn't think so.

Anderis 22 September, 2019 19:52
Quote:
# 33 Max Crashstappen
and in the next 5 years Ferrari are going to have the best car on the grid.
Surely you meant the next 28534789 years?

I thought Renault was going to have the best car in 2020-2021, didn't you say so?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 22/09/2019 19:53 by Anderis.

# 33 Max Crashstappen 23 September, 2019 04:49
Quote:
Anderis
Quote:
# 33 Max Crashstappen
and in the next 5 years Ferrari are going to have the best car on the grid.
Surely you meant the next 28534789 years?

I thought Renault was going to have the best car in 2020-2021, didn't you say so?

San Anderis Fault you stalker (Sm110)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/09/2019 05:02 by # 33 Max Crashstappen.

# 33 Max Crashstappen 23 September, 2019 04:58
Mercedes 527 PTS

Ferrari 394 PTS

Red Bull Racing 289 PTS

LMAO at Red Bull because they are getting destroyed by Mercedes and Ferrari in the 2019 WCC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/09/2019 05:02 by # 33 Max Crashstappen.

SydneyF1Fan 24 September, 2019 03:56
Quote:
# 33 Max Crashstappen
Quote:
SydneyF1Fan

Yeah would be good to see Leclerc and Ricciardo team mates at Ferrari.

Hey Syd do you agree with me that Ferrari will never ever sign Verstappen to be Leclerc's team mate?

Agree, probably unlikely at this stage, but I'm sure they'd love to have Max in their car, so I'd never say never.

They both have very long careers ahead of them and unless RBR Honda turns into a WDC winning car, I think Max will be looking for greener pastures soon. Merc is likely spot, especially if Lewis retires in a few years.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net