Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
This has really got me thinking...???
Discussion started by # 33 Max Crashstappen , 25 September, 2019 16:54
This has really got me thinking...???
# 33 Max Crashstappen 25 September, 2019 16:54
Mercedes are about to win their 6th WCC / WDC in a row eye popping smiley and when you look back at the history of F1 every teams win streak sooner or later comes to an end.

So how many more WCC / WDC will Mercedes win before another team beats them, will Mercedes make it 7, 8 , 9 or even 10 in a row, how many more before their win streak comes to an end?

Also which team will end Mercedes win streak?

I am 99% sure that it will be Ferrari that ends Mercedes win streak, what do you think?

Re: This has really got me thinking...???
Anderis 25 September, 2019 20:12
Mercedes will win two more titles in 2020 before Newey nails the 2021 regulations, starting Verstappen's journey to become the most titled driver in F1's history.

The Terminator 25 September, 2019 21:23
Quote:
# 33 Max Crashstappen
Mercedes are about to win their 6th WCC / WDC in a row eye popping smiley and when you look back at the history of F1 every teams win streak sooner or later comes to an end.
So how many more WCC / WDC will Mercedes win before another team beats them, will Mercedes make it 7, 8 , 9 or even 10 in a row, how many more before their win streak comes to an end?

Also which team will end Mercedes win streak?

I am 99% sure that it will be Ferrari that ends Mercedes win streak, what do you think?

I was just shocked at the title of the thread........ Never thought I would see the day(Sm85)

phatjack 25 September, 2019 22:13
Someone hacked his account? (Sm111)

# 33 Max Crashstappen 26 September, 2019 02:34
Anderis, The Terminator and phatjack....You three are the three stooges, talk about the three clowns that have been let out of the circus (Sm16)

# 33 Max Crashstappen 26 September, 2019 02:37
Anyway the only way Mercedes can go is down, their win streak will finish soon it is inevitable.

SydneyF1Fan 26 September, 2019 04:18
I think Toto is a great leader and driving force, so while he and Lewis are around, I think Merc will stay at or near the top of their game.

Adrian Newey needs Honda to get to the next level, which may be harder than it appears, even if the regs fall his way. Not sure they'll dominate in the same way as before and may decide to pull the pin if they can't regain that dominance and the brand starts to suffer.

Ferrari and Leclerc will be fascinating to watch. Can't help thinking that any success will be temporary, though, until the wheels fall off again as Italian emotion takes over.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

rpaloschi 26 September, 2019 07:56
Seriously?!?! Finally! Something got you "thinking"... good!

# 33 Max Crashstappen 29 September, 2019 01:09
I am 99% sure that it will be Ferrari that ends Mercedes win streak of WDC & WCC.

AlanJones 29 September, 2019 17:07
Ferrari needs to be at the top of their game to be able to defeat Mercedes. The struggle it endured today, with Vettel not letting LeClerc past, is something you can't imagine at Mercedes. A team call is a team call and will be executed by each driver, no matter what.

Red Bull on the other hand can defeat Mercedes on merit of Verstappen alone. It just needs to up its game a lot.

Yet Mercedes has made mistakes this season. Hamilton has shown signs of weaknesses and overall it has not become a complete walk over like anyone expected it to be at the beginning of the season.

So is Mercedes beatable? Yes they are. Who will do it? Most likely Ferrari and probably Red Bull.

https://i.ibb.co/zhmNGgW/GRDAY1header-01.png

Gunk 29 September, 2019 18:00
Interesting about the Merc McLaren deal. Could this be a renewal of the association which was of benefit to both parties, but cost Merc a lot less?

From a marketing point of view, how often/long do you actually need to be in F1 to get the kudos?

phatjack 29 September, 2019 18:09
Quote:
AlanJones
Ferrari needs to be at the top of their game to be able to defeat Mercedes. The struggle it endured today, with Vettel not letting LeClerc past, is something you can't imagine at Mercedes. A team call is a team call and will be executed by each driver, no matter what.
Red Bull on the other hand can defeat Mercedes on merit of Verstappen alone. It just needs to up its game a lot.

Yet Mercedes has made mistakes this season. Hamilton has shown signs of weaknesses and overall it has not become a complete walk over like anyone expected it to be at the beginning of the season.

So is Mercedes beatable? Yes they are. Who will do it? Most likely Ferrari and probably Red Bull.

LOL, LecLerc showed just how fast is was able to overtake Bottas? Practice, practice and more practice during race starts will make him whine less and prove he deserves to be in the same league as Lewis.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/09/2019 18:11 by phatjack.

Gunk 29 September, 2019 20:59
There was a point between seasons (someone like Anderis will remind me exactly which years) where Rosberg won 7 races in a row. But he didn't win the title either time.

Hamilton has this ability to step up a gear and then no one can live with him. Personally I think Bottas does a great job. Like Nico, he minimises mistakes and carefully calculates any risk. Lots of people found Nico a much more exciting driver at Williams but as he says himself, 'it isn't the way you beat Lewis'. People don't find Bottas that exciting either but actually he's pretty cool. Vettel isn't and will never beat Lewis. Charles, as phat suggests, needs to do some homework.

Mehryar 29 September, 2019 21:17
I think what you are writting is 15 season end and the start of 16...Nico went to win the title that year.
And that's exactly the difference between the 2.
I believe Bottas is way faster than Nico.Quali. pace confirms that but Nico was there to use the absolute advantage of those rare moments that Lewis was not at his best.Bottas on the other hand doesn't look to be strong enough mentally for a whole season.He starts well, @#$%& happens, his form vanishes.Next season, same story.

About Lecrec, he's a great talent but so far he has only beaten Seb this season.Not the first time.Daniel did it too and history shows how he fared infront of a driver in Max' calibre.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Anderis 29 September, 2019 21:17
Ah, here I'm, Gunk. You're wrong, because Rosberg won 7 races in row indeed but it was late 2015 and early 2016, so he did win a title in one of those years.

Anderis 29 September, 2019 22:15
Quote:
Mehryar
I
I believe Bottas is way faster than Nico.Quali. pace confirms that
No way.

Rosberg actually beat Hamilton in Q over the whole 2014 season. He was always close to Hamilton in raw pace, it's better racecraft and a bit more consistency that allowed Hamilton to emerge victorious over 4 years between them.
If Bottas was WAY faster than Rosberg, even weak mentality wouldn't prevent him from mounting a successful WDC challenge at least once in that 2017-2019 Mercedes.

Gunk 29 September, 2019 22:38
Quote:
Anderis
Ah, here I'm, Gunk. You're wrong, because Rosberg won 7 races in row indeed but it was late 2015 and early 2016, so he did win a title in one of those years.

Cheers, Anderis. But we agree on the theory. And that Nico was incredibly strong mentally. Lewis put him through the wringer in that last race he didn't crack.

AlanJones 29 September, 2019 23:59
Quote:
phatjack
Quote:
AlanJones

LOL, LecLerc showed just how fast is was able to overtake Bottas? Practice, practice and more practice during race starts will make him whine less and prove he deserves to be in the same league as Lewis.

Well overtaking at Sochi can only happen if your tires are better than the other in front and you got a 1 second overspeed. We saw it with everyone.
LeClerc wasn't much faster than Vettel, but couldn't follow close behind to jank his tires over the cliff.
Had Vettel sticked to the plan, LeClerc would've not overstressed his tires, would have overcutted Hamilton and had not been in the same position as he was with the VSC after Vettel retired.

So yes, in essence he should have beat Bottas. But I can imagine Ferrari went on safe regarding engine settings to prevent the same issue as Vettel encountered.

https://i.ibb.co/zhmNGgW/GRDAY1header-01.png

Mehryar 30 September, 2019 00:37
Quote:
Anderis
Quote:
Mehryar
I
I believe Bottas is way faster than Nico.Quali. pace confirms that
No way.

Rosberg actually beat Hamilton in Q over the whole 2014 season. He was always close to Hamilton in raw pace, it's better racecraft and a bit more consistency that allowed Hamilton to emerge victorious over 4 years between them.
If Bottas was WAY faster than Rosberg, even weak mentality wouldn't prevent him from mounting a successful WDC challenge at least once in that 2017-2019 Mercedes.

They were team mates for 4 seasons, there's no use to take out one year to compare them.You must look at the whole period and there was no chance for Nico to be near him "overally".Stats talk for themselves.

Looking at the stats, Bottas starts the season in a good form, matching Lewis for most of Q sessions and often beats him.When beaten, unlike Nico, it's around a tenth of a second...then the season goes by and the gap opens up to half a second.To me that's a clear sign of weak mentality.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Gunk 30 September, 2019 02:02
Quote:
Mehryar
When beaten, unlike Nico, it's around a tenth of a second...then the season goes by and the gap opens up to half a second.To me that's a clear sign of weak mentality.

I'm not entirely sure that Bottas is weak . . . there was never a clear No 1 and No 2 policy between Nico and HAM, whereas BOT is often told to hold station - especially later in the season.

Whether he has the same resilience and determination . . . hmmm. Nico was exceptional. Hamilton kept beating him each year but he just wouldn't stay beaten.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net