Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Russia: Qualifying & Race
Discussion started by Gunk , 28 September, 2019 12:31
Russia: Qualifying & Race
Gunk 28 September, 2019 12:31
On other boards, I notice a lot of people don't like this race but for me it always produces a couple of standout drives further down the order. And that's where we tend to focus our attention, after all.

Q looks as if it's going to be really tight, only four tenths covering 8th to 16th in FP3.

Bring it on.

Re: Russia: Qualifying & Race
Andrew Hooper 28 September, 2019 12:37
As for Williams its going to be 19th and 20th simple as that. Kubica is starting from the rear so I can 't imagine he will be that motivated.

Myvatn 28 September, 2019 13:28
Good lap by Russell.

Why did Kubica pit in his last attempt? He was not improving?

Gunk 28 September, 2019 14:32
LeClerc . . . amazing.

HAM just never gives up, does he? After all these years, I'm really impressed with his motivation.

Super lap by Hulk.

And a good day for the McLaren guys in all respects. With James Key and a Merc they're looking well set up.

Mehryar 28 September, 2019 18:20
Interestingly there's alot of claims that the Mercedes engines were the reason for 14-15 success, closing eyes on the fact that Mclaren and Force India also had that PU.

Now there's a talk of 8tenths gains by Ferrari over Mercedes engines.I have no idea how much truth there is in it but that was enough of Q2 today.

Hopefully Mercedes would find something in their PU for next season.Ferrari has been the better unit since mid season of '18 and they've increased the gap since then.
The fact that we have a shitty aero doesn't clear this weakness.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Gunk 28 September, 2019 19:46
Quote:
Mehryar
Interestingly there's alot of claims that the Mercedes engines were the reason for 14-15 success, closing eyes on the fact that Mclaren and Force India also had that PU.

Perez was 'best of the rest' in both 2016 and 2017 and only just pipped by a works financed team to be second best in 2018.

I agree, it's very hard to apportion the %age of success to engines because clearly Perez is an excellent and super consistent driver and Force India was a team functioning on a prayer and a shoestring.

Mercedes main contribution to point-scoring, in my view, has been its reliability . . . not its performance.

Mehryar 28 September, 2019 20:23
Well I'm not declining the fact that Mercedes engines contributed alot to our 14-15 form but I believe if that contribution is pointed regularly here, why not point to the fact that it's an under powered unit this season?

They need to make a big step to match Ferrari in 2020.

Greg_OR 28 September, 2019 21:38
Quote:
Mehryar
Well I'm not declining the fact that Mercedes engines contributed alot to our 14-15 form but I believe if that contribution is pointed regularly here, why not point to the fact that it's an under powered unit this season?
They need to make a big step to match Ferrari in 2020.
Don't be like Kubica and look for excuses! ;-)
look at RP - with all that troubles they've gone through, and with this 'underpowerd' engine, Checko is still doing fine.

Mehryar 28 September, 2019 23:18
Once again you try so hard on 2 things : 1.Showing you don't understand. 2.dragging Kubica into this.

It was a very clear comment.No one is questioning the fact that Williams has made a dog of a car.No one here is refusing to accept they have done a terrible job in compare to other Mercedes powered cars.And exactly the same people who are now exampling RP as a reference of how good a team can perform with identical PU, moaned about how Williams got lucky with their power unit advantage in first few years of hybrid era.

Mercedes needs to react and bring in more horsepower.They're asking for it themselves.Though maybe you know something more about their unit than themselves again.You clearly have data available to you which no one on the grid has it on many subjects.

Would be great to see or hear "for once" that a Kubica fan comes in and accept the fact that he's doing a shitty job regardless of the car he's driving.Same as Williams fans accept the fact that the team has made a terrible car regardless of the engine at the back.

Greg_OR 29 September, 2019 04:01
Probably you missed that winking smiley : wink: at end of first sentence, but anyway what is the point to mention Merc underpower in FW42 context? It was last year when Ferrari got in front in terms of power, Nothing changed since then.

Mehryar 29 September, 2019 08:24
Things have changed since then, the gap is increasing!
The point is very clear.A car is made of different components and engine is one of them.

# 33 Max Crashstappen 29 September, 2019 09:50
Williams are basically screwed because they have signed a 5 year deal to have the Mercedes PU in the back of their car and the Mercedes PU is no longer the best PU on the grid.

Claire f%&ked up... What she should have done is sign a deal to get the Ferrari PU in the back of the Williams for the next 5 years but now she is stuck with the Mercedes $hitty donkey slow PU...(Sm17)

# 33 Max Crashstappen 29 September, 2019 11:28
Here....we....go!!! The race is starting in 40 minutes time.

Greg_OR 29 September, 2019 12:14
Quote:
Mehryar
Things have changed since then, the gap is increasing!
The point is very clear.A car is made of different components and engine is one of them.
The point would be very clear if the gains/loses from PU would have any influence on points gained by Williams.

Myvatn 29 September, 2019 12:33
Hard tyres not very good for the moment, Gio can’t get close to Rus and Kub is 1 second per lap slower.

Myvatn 29 September, 2019 12:40
Russell’s pace seems half decent. Some steps forward definitely.

Greg_OR 29 September, 2019 12:51
Quote:
Myvatn
Russell’s pace seems half decent. Some steps forward definitely.
Yea, George is doing great - Ricardo cant even close enough to think about overtaking for about 10 laps! and they are both on medium

Mehryar 29 September, 2019 12:52
Great job by George...Alot better than what I was expecting.

Myvatn 29 September, 2019 13:04
@#$%&!

Myvatn 29 September, 2019 13:09
double DNF. Wow. Amazing.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net