Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

I have observed something weird on this forum
Discussion started by # 33 Max Crashstappen , 01 October, 2019 13:40
I have observed something weird on this forum
# 33 Max Crashstappen 01 October, 2019 13:40
It seems a lot of Williams fans on this forum are also Max Verstappen / Red Bull fans and for the life of me I can't understand why this would be,.....it is just plain weird (Sm55)(Sm55)(Sm55)(Sm55)

Why on earth would a Williams fan be a Max Verstappen / Red Bull fan (Sm55)(Sm55)(Sm55)(Sm55)

Re: I have observed something weird on this forum
rpaloschi 01 October, 2019 13:43
Clawn

CLOVERLEAF 888 01 October, 2019 21:14
Same reason. Max verstappen and red bull fans aka you are a Williams fan maybe??

phatjack 01 October, 2019 21:43
Whitey ... is that why you abandoned the Honey Badger and became a Leclerc fanboy?

Whitey = Ric = (Sm49) (Sm8)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2019 21:44 by phatjack.

Mr Brooksy 02 October, 2019 00:19
Verstappen is simply the 'in thing'. And when there is something "in" all reason and logic flies out the window. Max is clearly talented, but is he as good as Senna, Prost etc. He's shown glimpses, but at the same time, has shown lack of maturity and respect. So no, he's not at that level. Will he ever be? There's a chance, but for my mind his Dads personality coming through in Max is the weak link here, self obsessed, volatile, arrogant, cocky, and just plain childish.

The fanboys will argue that the greats held those traits too, and they are correct, however the elite also held other traits Max doesn't possess at this point like, respect, seeing the bigger picture, resilience, maturity beyond their years, and seeing F1 as only part of the world they live in aka. Senna.

If he can grow up and not expect the world to give him everything he wants, he will go much further and maybe even join the greats.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2019 00:20 by Mr Brooksy.

The Terminator 06 October, 2019 09:04
I think we have all observed something weird on this site. Every now and again it disappears, but for some reason it always crawls back.

Ozzy Osbone 07 October, 2019 03:39
Mr Brooksy, I get what you are saying. But Max has the natural talent to go all the way. Like so many before him. I guess I would compare him to Piquet snr rather than Senna although he has Senna speed. Lest we forget that Hamilton had some bad years but now has a chance to sweep all records aside.

Max is young. But he has the speed. It's up to his character to make it work.

Personally I think we are going to be treated to a golden time of an an ageing HAM who is still more or less unbeatable vs Max and LEC.

IanSmithISA 07 October, 2019 05:56
good morning,

Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
....Personally I think we are going to be treated to a golden time of an an ageing HAM who is still more or less unbeatable vs Max and LEC.

I am not so sure. :-)

Over the last few years I am confused by LH as whenever Mercedes's domination is questioned he has been very quick to say that Merc no longer have the quickest car, even thought they have. As well as a few races where he started from the back and said overtaking wasn't possible when others were overtaking.

If Ferrari now have a significantly better car and the same next year I wouldn't be at all surprised if 2020 were to be his last season.

He has a lot of titles, probably a lot of money in the bank but it not unknown for sports people to have spent all of their earnings, and has done f1 for a quite a few years.

I don't buy the he's a racer argument and likes to compete, it is easy to motivate yourself to compete if you expect to win. :-) Taking part just to get podium finishes and possibly the odd win doesn't really sound that attractive given what he has already won.

Bye

Ian

Myvatn 07 October, 2019 14:09
It doesnít always work that way. Michael Schumacher and Valentino Rossi immediately come to mind as examples of hugely successful drivers (well, riders in Rossiís case) who went on and still gave their all despite no chances of winning. I agree that Hamilton doesnít look as much focused on the sport as those two, but I donít think that heíll retire just for getting beaten next year (and thatís a big if, considering how Ferrari and Red Bull performed in the last years).

Mr Brooksy 08 October, 2019 07:20
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Mr Brooksy, I get what you are saying. But Max has the natural talent to go all the way. Like so many before him. I guess I would compare him to Piquet snr rather than Senna although he has Senna speed. Lest we forget that Hamilton had some bad years but now has a chance to sweep all records aside.
Max is young. But he has the speed. It's up to his character to make it work.

Personally I think we are going to be treated to a golden time of an an ageing HAM who is still more or less unbeatable vs Max and LEC.

Piquet Snr is probably a good comparison with Max. Very fast, will be consistent, shows some stunning drives, but tends to throw the the toys out of the pram on occasion.

I think Max has the natural ability to be at the top of the future driver tree, I guess for me the character of the driver makes them great or not.

At the end of the day, I've not really followed a driver since Nigel, Ayrton, Damon or Mika (no not all of those are considered the greatest) and doubt I'll be following one any time soon. I'm not sure any of the currents will change that for me personally.

I am however looking forward to the day Williams gets a clue and claws is way back to the front... But I can't see that happening any time soon either.

IanSmithISA 14 October, 2019 14:50
Good afternoon,

Quote:
Myvatn
...........but I donít think that heíll retire just for getting beaten next year (and thatís a big if, considering how Ferrari and Red Bull performed in the last years).

Yesterday's Japanese GP was an example of why I feel this way.

Mercedes confirmed the 2019 constructor's win as well as a Merc driver winning the driver's championship.

Yet all the televised comments I saw from LH were basically "So what......., I didn't win the race".

Bye

Ian

Gunk 14 October, 2019 16:26
Quote:
IanSmithISA
If Ferrari now have a significantly better car and the same next year I wouldn't be at all surprised if 2020 were to be his last season.

I think the main point about Lewis is that he hardly ever makes a mistake. Nico completely changed his approach to calculated risk in order to beat Lewis. And even then it was some car issues that worked in his favour.

Ferrari was the better car for much of 2017. Ferrari was the better car last Sunday. Vettel simply makes too many mistakes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net