Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Japan - Friday.
Discussion started by Andrew Hooper , 11 October, 2019 02:58
Japan - Friday.
Andrew Hooper 11 October, 2019 02:58
Firstly there is no Saturday running as a result of the typhoon with Qualifying moved to Sunday morning.

FP1 and nothing really to report with GR and RK 18th and 19th as the team evaluated the new front wing.

Re: Japan - Friday.
Mikef1 11 October, 2019 06:13
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
Firstly there is no Saturday running as a result of the typhoon with Qualifying moved to Sunday morning.
FP1 and nothing really to report with GR and RK 18th and 19th as the team evaluated the new front wing.

Did both drivers run the wing?

Affinity 11 October, 2019 08:04
Mike - yes, both did in a few runs, then went back to their regular wing. Robert evaluated the new spec in FP1, George in FP2.
Robert's comment following the session: "Nice track, although it is a bit less fun now that the competition is so much faster. Friday was different [as FP2 can determine the grid if there is no Q], so we ran sort of a mini-qualifying session. Most drivers mixed such runs with race sims, and used more tyre sets as a result. Doesn't really change that much in our case. I did not have my spec of parts, especially my power steering. This makes a big difference, and coming back to my spec for the next sessions will make things harder."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2019 08:15 by Affinity.

GPL 11 October, 2019 10:13
No report on how the new front wing design fared today then??

Mehryar 11 October, 2019 10:38
Quote:
GPL
No report on how the new front wing design fared today then??

Dave Robson :
Robert ran the new wing throughout FP2 and felt an improvement over the baseline. We will review all the data tonight before deciding how and when to continue the experiments.

And also I read somewhere they have only one Front wing so it won't stay on the car this weekend.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Andrew Hooper 11 October, 2019 11:11
Seemed like a very low key day with the majority of the focus on the new front wing. Lots of flow viz on both cars.

Wasn't until late in FP1 that the team started to collect data for the race.

GPL 11 October, 2019 18:32
Cheers guys

Mikef1 12 October, 2019 12:24
From what I've read, it looks like the weather took an unexpected turn at Suzuka which means Sunday will be dryer than initially forecasted. Not an expert of typhoons by any means, I assume they are in their very nature unpredictable. But I was hoping the grid was set on Friday. I dont really want to wake up at 1 for qualifying!!

Anderis 12 October, 2019 18:02
I was hoping for a moderate rain during race day but it looks pretty much impossible with current forecasts.
Dry Suzuka is far from being my favourite track. I guess I'm not waking up earlier to see the race.

Gunk 12 October, 2019 18:28
Quote:
Mikef1
But I was hoping the grid was set on Friday. I dont really want to wake up at 1 for qualifying!!

Qualifying at 2.00 am UK time, yes? And race at 6.00 am. ?

Mikef1 12 October, 2019 22:50
Quote:
Gunk
Quote:
Mikef1
But I was hoping the grid was set on Friday. I dont really want to wake up at 1 for qualifying!!

Qualifying at 2.00 am UK time, yes? And race at 6.00 am. ?

I believe so yes

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net