Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Japan Super Sunday
Discussion started by Andrew Hooper , 12 October, 2019 23:35
Japan Super Sunday
Andrew Hooper 12 October, 2019 23:35
Well from reports Quali and Race are all going to be run today. 10am local time for Quali and 2:10pm for the Race.

Add Bathurst into the mix and its going to be a busy day. At least for me its at a civilised time in the morning not like all in Europe.

As for Williams same old same old ....

Re: Japan Super Sunday
Gunk 13 October, 2019 00:49
Quote:
Andrew Hooper

As for Williams same old same old ....

This season must seem like an eternity to the team . . . just having to turn up, eke out the life of the few remaining parts, look silly . . .

Andrew Hooper 13 October, 2019 00:59
They never look silly .... but yes so frustrating.

Affinity 13 October, 2019 01:06
What the... I'm not even sure how you can go off there. I don't think we can even rebuild the car for the race now.
So much for staying up until 3am.

Mikef1 13 October, 2019 01:08
Looks like the car had a bit of understeer. Seems like he adjusts the steering to try and bring the front end round but by that point it's bad luck as front wheel touches the grass. From there, game over.

Not the kind of crash you would expect from Kubica

Gunk 13 October, 2019 01:21
Quote:
Mikef1

Not the kind of crash you would expect from Kubica

Wind? K-Mag caught out too.

Andrew Hooper 13 October, 2019 01:22
Comments seems to be saying that a tail wind is playing a part pushing him wide and onto the grass.

Mikef1 13 October, 2019 01:35
Shame for him really. Perez must have had a terrible lap to be beaten so soundly by stroll. Almost pipped by russell

Affinity 13 October, 2019 01:41
"What can I say, there have been a lot of issues this morning. Noone is really helping, it feels more like driver harrasment than cooperation at the moment."
"Can you start the race?"
"Only if there are spare parts, we'll see."
Robert for Sky Italia after Q. At that point, I believe both parties are looking forward to the end of the season.
In other news, Haas might struggle to repair KMags car in time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2019 01:41 by Affinity.

Andrew Hooper 13 October, 2019 02:05
Kubica would later say that he had put his rear wheel off the track slightly but would add that there were other factors that he didn't want to talk about. Way too easy for him to make these types of comments implying that it's not all his fault but the teams. That does annoy me.

Andrew Hooper 13 October, 2019 02:14
What is Kubica on about. So many comments that seem to be directed at his engineers and his mechanics and then the team as a whole.

Andrew Hooper 13 October, 2019 02:20
Further comments from Kubica: Nobody wants to listen, nobody wants to help . What is he on about.

Mikef1 13 October, 2019 02:27
His interview on sky f1 was the same. Generally I've wanted him to do well but hes an unbearable person. He brings so much negativity and always acts like there are mysterious forces preventing him from doing his job which he will never disclose. Good way of making excuses for yourself in public whilst saying nothing.

Affinity 13 October, 2019 02:35
That's exactly the comment a driver would make if he wanted to:
a) make excuses for himself and try to deflect the blame towards the team ("yeah, I made a mistake, but there were really more factors involved")
OR
b) complain about bad treatment / parts shuffling without breaking any NDA clauses ("we're just looking for trouble my making those changes ahead of qualifying")
I guess what version you'll believe is up to your personal view of the team and the driver. Those comments aren't exactly new (Austria and Silverstone come to mind, he started getting more vocal from Singapore onwards).

Andrew Hooper 13 October, 2019 03:17
I have been like you Mike. Always supportive of his difficult situation at Williams. But there does come a time where his comments just go over that point of not been acceptable. I know that the team has been fairly accommodating of what Robert has said but today's efforts well just have gone too far.

tomazy 13 October, 2019 04:50
Those Kubica comments are anoying me as well. The off today was entirely driver fault and the temam could t have been responsible. Even if the car was @#$%&, driver can go slower in the corner to make it. It almost seems that he is punishing the team for retireing him in Sochi by crashing and making the part situation even worse.

Mehryar 13 October, 2019 05:12
Quote:
tomazy
It almost seems that he is punishing the team for retireing him in Sochi by crashing and making the part situation even worse.

That was exactly what came through my mind after reading his comments about how they were hiding spare parts issue after Sochi but I tried to avoid conspiracy theories...looks like it was not a wrong idea though.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Mikef1 13 October, 2019 05:56
I wish they'd given Kubica the new wing for the race. See how it performs. Especially as he had a pit lane start anyway

Mehryar 13 October, 2019 06:40
Exciting race...Finally a good performance by Bottas after a very long time.

Nice job by Robert too for managing to not be lapped by his team mate.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

siwy_dymek 13 October, 2019 07:32
What a shitty team. On Friday, Kubica rode with improper power steering and other parts that were to be used in the race. Today before qualifying he got a different front wing than he was supposed to get - the team did everything their own way. This team is now a shame for Formula 1. Barn door, not a car.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net