Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Sponsorship 2020
Discussion started by boro1986willliamsf1 , 23 October, 2019 16:59
Sponsorship 2020
boro1986willliamsf1 23 October, 2019 16:59
Don't know whether anymore money being invested but Williams have announced Rokit beverages will be sponsoring next season

100% Williams
WILL SUPPORT WILLIAMS AS LONG AS THEY HAVE A TEAM

Re: Sponsorship 2020
Stu69 23 October, 2019 17:25
Just seen that. It’s really good news!! No idea about the ££ but it’s got to be good for us!!

Francesc 23 October, 2019 17:29
The press release it says they will feature prominently on the FW43. So that means Unilever are gone as espected.

Damon96 23 October, 2019 17:31
How rich are the people who own Rokit? Makes you wonder if they fancy buying the team eventually. Have to hand it to Claire, despite the mess her engineering team created she’s bringing the sponsors in.

Stu69 23 October, 2019 18:25
Quote:
Damon96
How rich are the people who own Rokit? Makes you wonder if they fancy buying the team eventually. Have to hand it to Claire, despite the mess her engineering team created she’s bringing the sponsors in.

She should be In sales!!

Mikef1 23 October, 2019 19:54
I don't recall, when did Rexona last renew? I believe it was last year so Williams may well have them in 2021

campos7 23 October, 2019 20:57
Quote:
Mikef1
I don't recall, when did Rexona last renew? I believe it was last year so Williams may well have them in 2021
Yes, but I don't know if the deal it was just for one year. I agree with Francesc. If is a major spinsorship maybe is the repalcement of rexona

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9255/uy6ursz2.jpg

Mehryar 23 October, 2019 21:10
Quote:
campos7
Quote:
Mikef1
Yes, but I don't know if the deal it was just for one year. I agree with Francesc. If is a major spinsorship maybe is the repalcement of rexona

Being optimistic, it can be a replacement for Orlen.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

campos7 23 October, 2019 21:44
Quote:
Mehryar
Quote:
campos7
Quote:
Mikef1

Being optimistic, it can be a replacement for Orlen.
I hope so. But I think the repalcement for orlen it Will be sofina with latifi.

"These brands will feature prominently on the FW43, as well as race suits and helmets of the team’s drivers, plus all trackside personnel team kit from 2020."

Don't know, but looks like they will be on sidepods

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9255/uy6ursz2.jpg

Stuart L 23 October, 2019 21:46
Adage ‘don’t put all your eggs in one basket’

I feel Rokit could come back to bite us if they fail.

I get jonathan Kendrick is a fan / close links to the team, and we should thank him for putting money in, but the business feels a bit like Trotters Independent Traders and I don’t buy their business isn’t without risk.

Andrew Hooper 24 October, 2019 01:22
ROKiT is backed by some very wealthy businessman John Paul DeJoria and Jonathan Kendrick. As of October 2019 DeJoria was worth 3.1 billion. His creation of ROKiT is just one of many successful businesses he is involved in.

So I don't feel that they are some here today gone tomorrow sponsors. ROKiT is also involved in sponsoring other sports including an NBA team so I can only imagine they are committed to their presence in F1.

The thing I can never figure out is whether this means just more signage from another ROKiT company, which I don't mind, but does it mean more funding. From Kendrick's comments about more investment I hope it implies more money coming Williams way.

Anderis 24 October, 2019 06:34
Quote:
Francesc
The press release it says they will feature prominently on the FW43. So that means Unilever are gone as espected.
I'm not saying that Rexona will stay but the press release doesn't mean Unilever are gone. There are at least 3 potential "prominent" spaces left on the car: front wing, rear wing endplates and the area between front wheels and sidepods + Orlen will be gone from the airbox and since ROKiT phones and ROKiT drinks have the same owner, the possible re-arrangement of current ROKiT logos is also possible.

Mr Brooksy 24 October, 2019 10:25
Clair just seems to be able to make a deal! If this really is more sponsorship from the ROK group above and beyond ROKiT then wow!

I can't help but wonder though, if she is this good, why wasn't she given financial and marketing control of the team and brother Johnathan run the engineering and team management... Together they could have actually been good together...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 24/10/2019 10:29 by Mr Brooksy.

AlanJones 24 October, 2019 14:45
Going back to a red livery?
Or perhaps gold?

[www.rokitdrinks.com]

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Gunk 24 October, 2019 23:14
https://rokitdrinks.co.uk/assets/images/partnerships/nic-hamilton-touring-car.jpg

AlanJones 25 October, 2019 05:39
Ohhhh red on black.. Je suis impressed!

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

boro1986willliamsf1 31 October, 2019 08:07
Ponos has also been announced as official partners for 2020

100% Williams
WILL SUPPORT WILLIAMS AS LONG AS THEY HAVE A TEAM

Mehryar 31 October, 2019 08:30
Looks like it will appear on bargeboard area...I don't what it is that Claire manages to keep bringing in new sponsors after awful seasons! Whatever is the reason , even if it means selling up the space at the lowest price (which they should considering our wcc position) hats off to her.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Andrew Hooper 31 October, 2019 09:49
if you compare the logo size and position one could think that the deal is bringing in as much as Orlen.

IanSmithISA 31 October, 2019 10:31
Good morning,

Is it certain that any money is changing hands?

The announcement said Working in partnership, Williams and PONOS will be creating exciting content across the ROKiT Williams Racing social and digital network.

I feel really sorry for Claire etc in trying to bring sponsorship on board as; As far as I can tell the prize money distribution argument is still ongoing. There have even been suggestions that much of the special Bernie Bonus money is going to put into a "Column 3" and allocated based on the number of times a team has appeared in the top 3 over the last 10 years.

This would probably be slightly better than the existing fixed bonus, if it were to become reality.

So how do you set a price on the space?

Every expectation that I have is that Williams will be short of money next year in the same way as they are this year even if current deals are replace by new ones at the same rate.

So do you take whatever you can get and lose potential opportunities knowing that the budget will not be enough anyway, or do you hold out and hope for a better deal and hope to be able to borrow until that deal appears?

If the new payment plan is closer to the current one that might have been expected where does this leave Haas for example? After a great start they seem to be going slightly backward, Haas Automation must be getting an understanding of the benefits that the F1 team is bringing so is it worth it to them?

Or would a deal with Williams be a better way of spending money, if you look at the security agreement for the Williams' loans you will see that Williams has a fair amount of Haas Automation machinery.

Bye

Ian

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net