Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Mexico - race
Discussion started by Myvatn , 27 October, 2019 20:00
Mexico - race
Myvatn 27 October, 2019 20:00
Good race by Kubica (or poor by Russell?).

Quite close to Haas on pace too.

Re: Mexico - race
Myvatn 27 October, 2019 21:11
Quote:
siwy_dymek
Slow puncture... WTF... !!
What a @#$%& team. Russel was overtaked by Kubica 2 times and wasn't able to pass him... so what williams made? Slow puncture! WTF... Kubica said that he doesn't feel anything bad... Asholes!
LOL

Anderis 27 October, 2019 21:17
Quote:
siwy_dymek
Slow puncture... WTF... !!
What a @#$%& team. Russel was overtaked by Kubica 2 times and wasn't able to pass him... so what williams made? Slow puncture! WTF... Kubica said that he doesn't feel anything bad... Asholes!
I guess they now really regret that they didn't figure this tactics out when it would have really made a difference- in German GP!

Mehryar 27 October, 2019 21:20
Regardless of stupid comments that "some" of his fans are writing all over the net, he was having a very good race this time.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Mikef1 27 October, 2019 21:39
His televised overtake on Russell was great. I didn't know he got a puncture, shame but it doesn't matter in the end

siwy_dymek 27 October, 2019 21:48
Quote:
Mikef1
His televised overtake on Russell was great. I didn't know he got a puncture, shame but it doesn't matter in the end

Watch Roberts onboard. He was very surprised, that he has to pit. He didn't feel any starnge with the car. You think, that driver dosnt feel puncture?

How many times have you heard from the team this year or previous years "slow puncture -box". Bullsh*** and You know that!

siwy_dymek 27 October, 2019 21:50
ohhh... and Russel said, that Rober overtaked him very aggressive

(Sm105)
(Sm108)
(Sm132)

Myvatn 27 October, 2019 22:18
Quote:
Mikef1
Yep, good racing by him.

Such a shame his clown fanboys cannot cherish that and choose to whine about non-existing conspiracy theories instead.

Mehryar 27 October, 2019 22:52
Quote:
siwy_dymek
Quote:
Mikef1

Watch Roberts onboard. He was very surprised, that he has to pit. He didn't feel any starnge with the car. You think, that driver dosnt feel puncture?

How many times have you heard from the team this year or previous years "slow puncture -box". Bullsh*** and You know that!

No idiot, sometimes they don't.

Last time a driver had a tyre failure with slow puncture leading to blow his tyre was Seb in 2017 and here's his comment afterwards : Sebastian Vettel: Well there was no sign of that happening.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Mikef1 27 October, 2019 22:57
Quote:
Mehryar
Quote:
siwy_dymek
Quote:
Mikef1

No idiot, sometimes they don't.

Last time a driver had a tyre failure with slow puncture leading to blow his tyre was Seb in 2017 and here's his comment afterwards : Sebastian Vettel: Well there was no sign of that happening.

Correct. Teams can see the psi seeping before it has a noticeable impact on the tyre performance. It's better to pit them asap then let it deflate and start taking chunks of bodywork. It's not the first time a team has been aware of a puncture before the driver felt it. Fairly sure it happened to Bottas last year.

GPL 28 October, 2019 08:32
Either way the pace of our cars was poor and slower that what George had led us to believe.
i would say almost 1 second a lap slower than envisaged.

If this car is getting better it is minimal.

Anderis 28 October, 2019 09:26
Williams beat Grosjean on merit so it's far from the worst we've seen this season.

Andrew Hooper 28 October, 2019 09:37
I can not believe that someone would feel that the team would pit him for no reason. How far do these people really want to push their totally idiotic ideas. Not doubt if they didn't pit him and the tyre failed as a result they would still have gotten stuck into the team.

Andrew Hooper 28 October, 2019 09:49
Now a comment on the race. I really did feel that Kubica had a good race that showed that he can run with his team-mate. Russell felt his passing move was a bit hard but to me it looked OK.

I still can't understand how the feeling in the car could change from Saturday to today. Kubica said it was surprising but no changes would have been made to the car under parc ferme. Is it all down to his use of the soft tyre.

Gunk 28 October, 2019 16:32
Quote:
siwy_dymek

Watch Roberts onboard. He was very surprised, that he has to pit. He didn't feel any strange with the car. You think, that driver doesnt feel puncture?

It's quite obvious that Robert got the 'trick tyres' this weekend. He has been complaining that George gets them every race.

The team had heard a rumour that there would be post-race scrutineering, so they had to call Robert in and hurriedly replace them with regulation tyres. And of course he has to pretend to be surprised.

The business about a puncture was just a cover story.

Anonim 28 October, 2019 20:08
Hello, this is my first post, but im here quite often, reading your opinions and infos winking smiley
Im polish, and obviously Robert fan. I've just read siwy_dymek posts, and couldn't stop myself interfere.

Just so you know, not every Robert fan has such a stupid ideas. It's just that the most idiotic ones are often the loudest. I know that this behaviours are really annoying (i think even more for me), but just keep in mind that not every Robert fan is as deluded. Please dont judge us by such examples.

It's true that we assume Robert doesn't get equal treatment, but we also realise the difficult situation inside Williams, and we understand that it has to be like that - no one is mad about it. We are far from thinking that the team is deliberately disturbing Robert's races - that's insane.

And just so you know, despite all the difficulties, i personally am thankful for the chance that Robert got thanks to Williams, and i can see by lots of Roberts interviews that he is too. We are not as bad as the toxic part of our community is making us look.

I hope that this will ease things out a little.

Cheers smiling smiley

Mikef1 29 October, 2019 11:22
I think after this weekend the equal treatment thing can finally be put to bed as nonsense forever. His qualifying was as per tradition not as good as George's. Stands to reason that's because of his awful and unequal car. But then he is seemingly better in the race. Under park ferme conditions it's quite clear the car he drove in the race is identical to the one he qualified with, but he put in a performance on par with if not better than George. if his car was truly 1s a lap slower, that performance would simply not be possible.

Damon96 29 October, 2019 18:10
Do we know if they drove with the new FW in the race?

sennaspeed 29 October, 2019 19:35
Quote:
Damon96
Do we know if they drove with the new FW in the race?

Both raced with the new front wing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net