Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Brazil - Race
Discussion started by Andrew Hooper , 17 November, 2019 08:30
Brazil - Race
Andrew Hooper 17 November, 2019 08:30
Well rear of the grid start for both Williams drivers. Can they produce good starts because it realistically it is only going to be in these opening laps that they will be able to make up positions.

I just hope that both drivers make it to the finish without any dramas and just try to end the second last race of the season on a positive note.

Re: Brazil - Race
Stuart L 17 November, 2019 20:30
Haven’t seen the race yet but it sounds like a great one

Gunk 17 November, 2019 23:02
Quote:
Stuart L
Haven’t seen the race yet but it sounds like a great one

Well, I enjoyed it. A good race for the good guys.

And what a result it might have been. But for a last minute clumso from Ham . . . a Honda 1,2 ,3. Still, a 1,2 is not shabby.

Must have a shout out for Gasly. He's shown a lot of character since his demotion, really upping his game.

Anderis 17 November, 2019 23:24
I can't get my head around it. When Kvyat and Albon were paired at Toro Rosso, the former seemed to have a slight edge if anything. Then Albon goes to Red Bull and seems to be doing better than Gasly there while Gasly is completely outshining Kvyat at Toro Rosso. I thought that changing cars mid-season puts you at disadvantage. It doesn't add up. (Sm159)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/11/2019 23:24 by Anderis.

Andrew Hooper 18 November, 2019 08:06
Twelfth for Russell to be so close. Oh well but I really don't think he had the pace to challenge the cars in front.

Gunk 18 November, 2019 15:46
Quote:
Anderis
I can't get my head around it. When Kvyat and Albon were paired at Toro Rosso, the former seemed to have a slight edge if anything. Then Albon goes to Red Bull and seems to be doing better than Gasly there while Gasly is completely outshining Kvyat at Toro Rosso. I thought that changing cars mid-season puts you at disadvantage. It doesn't add up. (Sm159)

Well, it was logical to give Albon a trial because Kvyat was a known quantity.

Gasly has seriously upped his game, yes. When Kvyat was demoted, he fell apart mentally. I guess it's the different way people react?

Must be about 'comfort zones' too. Sainz had big problems with Kvyat and Tost. At Renault he was 'on loan' in a kind of no-mans land. Now at McLaren he's secure, everyone loves him and he's driving better than ever. I'm pleased he got a podium, as well as finishing 'best of the rest' in the points.

Mikef1 18 November, 2019 20:02
Williams releasing Kubica in front of Verstappen was simply shocking. Obviously Kubica cannot see what us behind him in his wing mirrors and there is a guy who's job is to spot the pit lane and give the green light if all is clear. He should have gone to specsavers.

A sad day when William's starts performing operationally as badly as their car does on track.

Gunk 18 November, 2019 20:22
Quote:
Mikef1
Williams releasing Kubica in front of Verstappen was simply shocking.

Did they get a penalty for unsafe release?

Anderis 18 November, 2019 22:30
The stewards actually concluded that it was not Williams' fault but Kubica's and he's got 2 penalty points.

Mikef1 19 November, 2019 07:26
Quote:
Anderis
The stewards actually concluded that it was not Williams' fault but Kubica's and he's got 2 penalty points.

That's crazy. He would not have been able to see max at any stage with the angle he was coming out of the pit box and the mirror quality.

Anderis 19 November, 2019 09:57
Quote from FIA document:
Quote:
The stewards determined that the team of Car 88 released Car 88 before Car 33 reached the guide boards, and the Stewards determined that the time of the release by the team was appropriate. However, Car 88 was slow to depart its pit stop location and then when Car 33 was already alongside, swerved towards the fast lane and Car 33 had to swerve towards the pit lane and slow to avoid collision.

Ozzy Osbone 19 November, 2019 17:51
I cannot believe VET is still making these errors. He clearly turned across LEC. It's ridiculous. He just loses his head if he has to race. At least Lewis put his hands up for his clumsy attempt. VET just blames the other guy.

Gunk 21 November, 2019 10:08
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
I cannot believe VET is still making these errors.

Neither can I. As said earlier, I think there's half a chance he'll be retired. In a recent interview, Binotto said how much he envied Merc having Bottas alongside Hamilton. Now there's a thought for 2001 . . .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net