2020 Canadian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 10 of 15
Re: The All New FW43
Anderis 17 February, 2020 10:54
McKiernan says no fundamental changes in the car compared to 2019 - funnily enough I have article about this in Polish and Dutch but can't find one in English to post.

Quote:
ihme
It looks awesome but are you kidding me with the Latifi sponsorship? He must be paying less than Orlen so once again I'm a little bit concerned about our budget even though Rokit pays more now.
And Rokit gets more exposure than Martini had, so by this logic, we should be happy that we have a healthy budget as our main sponsor pays us more than the one we had in 2014-2018?

The presence of sponsors on the car do not always reflect the money they pay, especially with pay-drivers. Martini was getting more exposure for $15m/year than PDVSA for $45m/year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2020 10:57 by Anderis.

ihme 17 February, 2020 10:59
Quote:
campos7
Quote:
ihme
Seems to have a little bulky midsection and the old bargeboards, modified front suspension and slimmed down sidepods. Let's see if that's enough.
It looks awesome but are you kidding me with the Latifi sponsorship? He must be paying less than Orlen so once again I'm a little bit concerned about our budget even though Rokit pays more now.

More or less the same. Sofina on the back of rear wing, lavazza in the engine cover and rbc in the nose. Last year orlen was in the same places

And no logos on the wing mirrors. Expected more from a guy that's wealthier than Stroll tbh.

dot_com 17 February, 2020 12:59
Already off to a better start than last year! Canít wait to hear some feedback from George on the drivability of the car. I love the way it looks compared to last year - itís a million times more attractive. And those side pods! Iím no technical expert but that really stands out to me as something very different to the other teams. Letís go!!

Mikef1 17 February, 2020 13:01
Quote:
dot_com
Already off to a better start than last year! Canít wait to hear some feedback from George on the drivability of the car. I love the way it looks compared to last year - itís a million times more attractive. And those side pods! Iím no technical expert but that really stands out to me as something very different to the other teams. Letís go!!

Certainly different. Hope it all works. William's felt this was a car that could have fought for points last season so it should represent a good step for them if it delivers as expected.

GPL 17 February, 2020 13:03
Who is driving today???

dot_com 17 February, 2020 13:11
Quote:
GPL
Who is driving today???

George is out on track today doing a shakedown. Does anyone know the driver schedule for testing?

GPL 17 February, 2020 13:42
I wonder who has got the stop watch out???

Polemik 17 February, 2020 13:50
nice sidepods comparison between W11 and FW43 :

[i.redd.it]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2020 14:01 by Polemik.

j-s 17 February, 2020 13:56
Good livery, hope it comes with a better car. Still pretty much the 42 under the new skin,right? Hmmm.

Mehryar 17 February, 2020 13:59
The livery is one of the bests on the grid imo.
Sidepods look very small but other than that the car is very much the same of FW42 (Abu Zabi version).

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Francesc 17 February, 2020 14:08
Quote:
Polemik
nice sidepods comparison between W11 and FW43 :
[i.redd.it]

Very similar concepts, but Mercedes' engine cover is much slimmer.

Polemik 17 February, 2020 14:14
FW42 vs. FW43 comparison :

[i.redd.it]

GPL 17 February, 2020 14:44
Let,s not forget we have new people at the helm, restructured factory departments,
and Patrick Head to help try and stop us going down the wrong road.

I will put a tenner on it.

I wonder if we will get a word or 2 from George on the WWW tonight.

CLOVERLEAF 888 17 February, 2020 14:50
So the shark fin is different. Not dropping away till more near the rear of the car. Also their seems a new bit on the barge board area. The bit that runs from the Rokit graphic on the side winglet at the top towards the front of the car.

CLOVERLEAF 888 17 February, 2020 14:58
Also under that Rokit graphic on the winglet, seems like there is an additional stake pointing towards the rear. Think there was 2 last year. Now counting 3

Polemik 17 February, 2020 15:27
funny (Sm100)

9 out of 10 dentists recommend Williams FW43 :

[www.picuki.com]

it is a pity that Colgate or Aquafresh are not on board sad smiley
it seems that there is a lot of marketing potential grinning smiley(Sm6):

[www.picuki.com]

[www.picuki.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2020 15:36 by Polemik.

Francesc 17 February, 2020 17:02
From F1Technical:
https://i.ibb.co/x6GXD8x/Comparison-new.png

CLOVERLEAF 888 17 February, 2020 17:04
Tbh, I'm getting sick and tired of the toothpaste jokes. It was done to extreme last season and has now started again. Makes me laugh how all these people posting toothpaste comments all over social media think they are being original. It's just not funny anymore yet they persist.

To me im happy to see a British Team running in the iconic colours of red, white and blue.

Marco Cardoso 17 February, 2020 18:53
The Fw43 does look quite similar to the 42, the shark fin was there in the 2019 42 presentation also, there are some small diferences here and there but nothing major.
Front suspension has some small changes and the sidepods do seem a bit more refined but still quite following the same direction as 2019.
The rear is not very clear in the first pictures so can't really tell if it's the same that ended last year or it's a new design.
Seems we kept the steerins whell also with the display on the cockpit witch I believe we are the only team still using that steering style.

https://goo.gl/images/VESYsm

GPL 17 February, 2020 20:57
Any feedback from George today guys??

Current Page: 10 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net