2020 Canadian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 11 of 15
Re: The All New FW43
Ozzy Osbone 17 February, 2020 22:20
I like it. Also think it's very wise to develop the 42 for this season. No point splashing cash on a whole new concept for 1 year. There were some fundamental issues with the 42 in terms of weigh, engine cooling and brakes. Just fixing these alone could mean huge gains in lap time. Plus, the 42 was reliable and although we all say it's better to have a fast car that breaks down, in our position, we need to pick up any points going.

So I am quietly optimistic that we won't be so far off the midfield this year. Even being regularly fighting for Q2 would be great progress.

M79 18 February, 2020 08:03
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
So I am quietly optimistic that we won't be so far off the midfield this year. Even being regularly fighting for Q2 would be great progress.

I certainly hope so. Hearing media pundits like Gary Anderson, catching onto the tail-end of the midfield will already be a struggle. He's saying the car looks to be a few generations behind...... (but looks great at least imho)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/02/2020 08:04 by M79.

GPL 18 February, 2020 09:13
I do not mind being behind the curve a little way as long as this car does what it says on the side of the tin.

ihme 18 February, 2020 10:31
Quote:
M79
Hearing media pundits like Gary Anderson, catching onto the tail-end of the midfield will already be a struggle. He's saying the car looks to be a few generations behind...... (but looks great at least imho)

Holy @#$%& he's roasting the car in that article.

XBX 18 February, 2020 10:32
[www.reddit.com]

Suits looks good

M79 18 February, 2020 12:06
Quote:
ihme
Quote:
M79
Hearing media pundits like Gary Anderson, catching onto the tail-end of the midfield will already be a struggle. He's saying the car looks to be a few generations behind...... (but looks great at least imho)

Holy @#$%& he's roasting the car in that article.

That podcast is quite new by ex-Autosport refugees. Maybe they need some sensationalist things in their podcasts to grow the amount of listeners? Hope to God Gary's wrong.

Suits look good indeed. The whole livery thing is such an improvement over last year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/02/2020 12:08 by M79.

Mehryar 18 February, 2020 12:22
I don't read much of these pundits tbh as they try so hard to see something which is not there but "this time" what they write is not total bs imo.The fact is our 50% front of the car is basically same of last year.
You can't read by the looks of the car but looking at that front end, they're right.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

ihme 18 February, 2020 12:24
Quote:
M79
That podcast is quite new by ex-Autosport refugees. Maybe they need some sensationalist things in their podcasts to grow the amount of listeners? Hope to God Gary's wrong.

Don't know about any podcast, was just referring to this - [the-race.com]

dot_com 18 February, 2020 12:39
I always thought Gary Anderson was just a journo - I didn’t realize he had more knowledge and experience than aN entire team of current F1 designers and aerodynamicists :-) Seriously hope he is wrong though - to me the FW43 looks like a pretty substantial step forward - and the real goal here is to make sure that the correlation is good.

WilliamsF1Fan 18 February, 2020 12:45
I'm less worried about what the car looks like now. The team has a history of launching a basic aero concept then providing updates at the second test, then at the start of the European races, so my guess is this isn't the car that will race. The end plates for instance look a backward step from last year and have lost the cut out on the trailing edge.

I could be wrong or course!

monty3 18 February, 2020 13:09
Hi guys,fw43 look superb if no lite blue on that.
only Red+Black+White.

Mehryar 18 February, 2020 13:27
Quote:
WilliamsF1Fan
I'm less worried about what the car looks like now. The team has a history of launching a basic aero concept then providing updates at the second test, then at the start of the European races, so my guess is this isn't the car that will race. The end plates for instance look a backward step from last year and have lost the cut out on the trailing edge.
I could be wrong or course!

In last decade I think we saw 2 times that the car at second test was different with launch spec.Both times it was due to legal actions against our design.

This year hopefully it would be different.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

GPL 18 February, 2020 13:44
If the 43 performs as expected then maybe the have a new front nose/wing lined up for the second test or first race???

First things first lets see if this car has a turn of speed .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/02/2020 13:51 by GPL.

monty3 18 February, 2020 13:59
any link to watch free live testing?? thanks.

tomazy 18 February, 2020 14:38
The thing with those experts is, that if FW43 would be painted silver and renamed to W11, most (all) experts woul be saying that the championchip is over and that this car is better than the rest... And reverse, if W11 wold be in a williams livery and renamed FW43, it would be behind the times, just look how big the sidepod openings are...

Francesc 18 February, 2020 14:56
So true, the easy thing for them is to say our car looks basic because they know last season we were miles behind and so it's very likely we end behind again.

ihme 18 February, 2020 15:14
Quote:
Francesc
So true, the easy thing for them is to say our car looks basic because they know last season we were miles behind and so it's very likely we end behind again.

Maybe they are saying that the car looks basic because it looks basic in 2020? This should have been the car we started last winter testing with so the "behind times" thing is a correct one.

tomazy 18 February, 2020 15:38
I just flew throu the Anderson article, our nose is like Ferrari, but it is no good, rear suspension is compleatly new, he is saying it is a small update, with sidepods I dont even know what he is taking about. But, during his autosport era, every fan of a team hi preised the car was warried, and happy if he didnt like it. This came from experuance that he was wrong more times than right, so judging by this, FW43 will be more compatitive than people think.

FW43 is a nice evolution of FW42, it was a slow car, but it sufered from lack of development. Team was dooing up to 6 crash test, this is where ALL the resirces went. They then made the safe car, that was overweight and undeveloped. This year the team did not have this problem and I think (hope) that they made a bigger jump than most think.

AlanJones 18 February, 2020 15:40
Gary Anderson is being roasted on the Autosport Forum for always being wrong. He gives his two cents based upon some pictures with knowledge out of the ancient world. His opinion don't mean jack.

https://i.ibb.co/zhmNGgW/GRDAY1header-01.png

GPL 18 February, 2020 15:48
Maybe our front nose cone and front wing does look a bit more basic compared to most of the other new cars, but from what i can see the rest of the 43 looks pretty good not wow factor, but good enough as long as it does what it did in the tunnel.

Current Page: 11 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net