2020 Canadian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 5 of 15
Re: The All New FW43
dot_com 27 January, 2020 14:37
I keep forgetting that we brought PH back on a consultancy basis. We dont hear much from him or about him. I really hope that he has had some positive influence on the design process this year.

GPL 27 January, 2020 15:03
Yea can only be good to help get us back on track thumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/01/2020 15:05 by GPL.

AlanJones 27 January, 2020 15:58
Don't expect too much from Head. That's all I'm saying. Even he can't polish a turd.

https://i.ibb.co/zhmNGgW/GRDAY1header-01.png

IanSmithISA 27 January, 2020 16:24
Good afternoon,

Wasn't that just a publicity stunt?

Bye

Ian

CLOVERLEAF 888 27 January, 2020 17:05
Willians Was stuck in its ways. Whether its a good idea to bring somebody like Head back who was part of the old guard I'm not convinced. Things and times have changed too much.

Mikef1 27 January, 2020 18:00
Patrick head is surely far too out of the loop to be given any form of credit for any success with the new car

Mr Brooksy 27 January, 2020 21:21
Wasn't sir Patrick Head supposed to be focused on procedures, not actual design of the car? Isn't that Doug McKiernans job?

AlanJones 28 January, 2020 05:57
Quote:
Mr Brooksy
Wasn't sir Patrick Head supposed to be focused on procedures, not actual design of the car? Isn't that Doug McKiernans job?

Bingo.

https://i.ibb.co/zhmNGgW/GRDAY1header-01.png

GPL 28 January, 2020 08:32
When a team has lost it,s way which is what has happened to Williams,it is always good to have
an experienced outsiders opinion.

Andrew Hooper 28 January, 2020 09:51
And that is what Head is all about. Not the design but adding to the management of the process of designing and building the car.

With Lowe gone having him involved in the process can only be a positive thing. Lowe was suppose to co-ordinate the design and build of the FW42 but well as we know it went horribly wrong.

This time I would imagine that with so many peoples futures on the line that its something that they can't get wrong for a second year, and I don't expect them to.

dot_com 28 January, 2020 11:56
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
And that is what Head is all about. Not the design but adding to the management of the process of designing and building the car.
With Lowe gone having him involved in the process can only be a positive thing. Lowe was suppose to co-ordinate the design and build of the FW42 but well as we know it went horribly wrong.

Thats exactly what I hope PHs influence will be. Making sure everyone is communicating properly, and ensuring things are being done right, and on time. I for one would listen when PH was talking (yelling) at me. Im sure that we have the capability to build a fast car, but somewhere along the line our processes have gotten messed up and need someone (or maybe a team of people) to get things back on track.

CLOVERLEAF 888 28 January, 2020 13:07
You guys are seriously beginning to worry me. Sure PH has come in for procedures but again things have moved on and he has been out of the loop far too long.

I hope he hasn't taken control of procedures and was just advising or quite honestly we could be heading in the wrong direction. It has been proved for a team once at the head of technical knowhow and pushing boundaries, we seriously got left behind. I think Williams has been guilty of being stubborn and not getting staff in that were appropriate to the more modern way of doing things in F1. Maybe as a family team they were too loyal thinking they had the knowhow. I don't think we have built a car to cope with all tracks maybe since our last championships. We have only had glimpses of pace now and again and I still maintain our hybrid era introduction was down to Mercedes power which made a half decent car look good. Anyway here's hoping for 2020.

tomazy 28 January, 2020 15:21
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPXjcCuX4AEBTsE?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

GroveF1 28 January, 2020 19:09
I expected at the time PH to have been brought in to focus on processes. These are similar in F1 no matter the year.

R&d, aero, to manufacturing - same procedures back in the championship days of Patrick Head so he would have some influence to get working practices back up to standard.

Regulations - out too long of F1 to get up to speed from a design view, but Rory Byrne came back in a consultancy role with Ferrari if I recall so you never know

GroveF1 28 January, 2020 19:10
I expected at the time PH to have been brought in to focus on processes. These are similar in F1 no matter the year.

R&d, aero, to manufacturing - same procedures back in the championship days of Patrick Head so he would have some influence to get working practices back up to standard.

Regulations - out too long of F1 to get up to speed from a design view, but Rory Byrne came back in a consultancy role with Ferrari if I recall so you never know

CLOVERLEAF 888 29 January, 2020 16:21
Quote:
AlanJones
Quote:
dot_com
Williams will present their definitive 2020 livery two days before the start of testing, on February 17th, using last years car. The team also intends to reveal images of its 2020 chassis online the same day, and the car will be seen for the first time on the opening day of the test.
[www.racefans.net]

A dedicated livery launch does point towards a very different livery than last year. Else there would be no reason in to why spending money in splitting the livery and chassis launch.

Im guessing with new sponsors on board , that's why we have a separate livery and car launch so that they gain exposure before the new car hits the track..

tomazy 01 February, 2020 13:58
I will shamelessly steel some pics from f1tehnical forum (thank you f1motta)

https://imgup.nl/images/2020/01/31/videoplayback.mp4_snapshot_01.10.jpg
highligheted the fin on top of the halo, I think that FW42 had it also. The engine cower under the airbox is tighter than last year.

https://i.ibb.co/88Mstrc/202020.jpg
new mirrors and fins on top of the nose. Bardgeboards seem unfinished in this picture.

https://imgup.nl/images/2020/01/31/videoplayback.mp4_snapshot_01.27.jpg
New rear susspension, it looks much thinner than last year. Also note how low the hot air exit is compared to last year, the whole upper wishbone part is exposed to air now.

https://imgup.nl/images/2020/01/31/videoplayback.mp4_snapshot_01.0883390c2460bc0b73.jpg
upper guiding wain.

Not long now before we see clearer pictures of the car.

Mikef1 01 February, 2020 14:11
I'm still not entirely convinced this is the new car. The only real clear difference are the fins on top of the nose and maybe the wing mirrors. The horizontal wings above the sidepod entrance changed to be similar to the ones shown in the photo above already on last years car. And shark fin. Everything else is probably just optical illusion based on high contrast and low light/resolution. It's more likely to be an aero package they were assessing last year than the new challenger

ihme 01 February, 2020 14:20
That rear suspension looks too thin to be real for me but hey we will see soon enough.

Andrew Hooper 06 February, 2020 10:49
Well the major milestone of the first engine startup was achieved in the FW43.

One small step but such an important one.

Current Page: 5 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net