Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 8 of 15
Re: The All New FW43
Mehryar 16 February, 2020 17:50
Quote:
dot_com
I have to confess to being really nervous about he unveiling of the new car. I keep thinking about last year when we released the renders of our car, and how woefully simplistic it looked compared to the other challengers. And looking at how much more developed and complicated the other 2020 cars look so far, I’m really scared that we’re going to roll something out that is equally as basic looking as the FW42. I hope that I’m wrong, and that we have a car that looks decent and can perform well enough to at least be in the races. I think I’m actually losing sleep over this car. Just one more day....!!

I would love to think our rivals are 4-5teams but reality is our target should be Alfa & Haas.
Both have simple designs and both have minimal changes with their '19 cars.I expect the same with our car tbh.

Anyway, these complex designs can be slow too.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Mikef1 16 February, 2020 18:52
Looks like definitely a blue chassis where it was white last year. Also sticking with the dash board mount for the info screen as opposed to mounting on the steering wheel

Mikef1 16 February, 2020 22:21
Also looks like that toothpaste vibe fading paintwork is gone. Nice clean lines on the chassis between the white and blue

fw14boy 16 February, 2020 22:30
Not long now to see what we have been up to these past months, let's hope it's a good step forward I am surprised that we have not seen any spy shots yet of the car in Spain. Come on Williams P6 2020

AlanJones 16 February, 2020 22:36
Quote:
Mikef1
Also looks like that toothpaste vibe fading paintwork is gone. Nice clean lines on the chassis between the white and blue

Where have you been Mike?

https://i.ibb.co/zhmNGgW/GRDAY1header-01.png

Mehryar 16 February, 2020 22:37
As far as I can recall, the front wing the team used in last 2-3 races was actually the one for 2020...So we already know how our front wing and nose will look like.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

fw14boy 16 February, 2020 22:45
Front wing is a base line to design the rest of the car around and will evolve.

Mikef1 16 February, 2020 22:51
Quote:
AlanJones
Quote:
Mikef1

Nowhere exciting. Just facebook. There is a new video of george poking his head about. In that photo, you can clearly see that the sides of the new tub are painted light blue and that this rolls onto the top side of the chassis, where it then cuts to white (no fade) it's definitely a very different paint job to any weve had before.

Francesc 16 February, 2020 22:55
Good night fellow Williams supporters and good night FW43, hopefully you will bring us a good season.

Rear Wing 1 16 February, 2020 23:16
Quote:
Mikef1
Quote:
AlanJones
Quote:
Mikef1

Nowhere exciting. Just facebook. There is a new video of george poking his head about. In that photo, you can clearly see that the sides of the new tub are painted light blue and that this rolls onto the top side of the chassis, where it then cuts to white (no fade) it's definitely a very different paint job to any weve had before.

Excellent news (no fade) I hate fades on a Formula 1 car livery.

Andrew Hooper 17 February, 2020 06:44
Well its close to the unveiling. I wonder if any of the ideas as to what it could be like will prove to be correct.

Francesc 17 February, 2020 07:42
I hope they show the real car, not a render again.

Mikef1 17 February, 2020 07:53
Quote:
Francesc
I hope they show the real car, not a render again.

It's possible. The car probably has to leave today to hit the track on Wednesday but that may be the reason they chose to so such an early launch.

I think we will probably see renders though. They do love a good render at Williams

Francesc 17 February, 2020 08:02
I love the new car. Wow.
[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2020 08:04 by Francesc.

Mikef1 17 February, 2020 08:04
That is simply beautiful

raiden 17 February, 2020 08:04
That one is a @#$%& amazing livery. Well done to the design team. I really hope is as fast as it looks.

I am speechless.

https://img1.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/28215/282152014d7b570ac599d083957012bfeb4e047d.jpg

ROKiT WILLIAMS RACING

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2020 10:42 by raiden.

Francesc 17 February, 2020 08:05
Ultra small sidepod inlets.

Polemik 17 February, 2020 08:14

Mikef1 17 February, 2020 08:18
I'd assume there will be a new front wing as this looks like the old one from last year, not the one we finished the year with.

Sidepods look mental, bargeboards are too dark to see

Francesc 17 February, 2020 08:22
I think the front wing is the one we finished last season with. Bargeboards are the old ones too i think. Of course they don't want to show all.

Sidepods inlets I would say are the smallest of the grid but engine cover still looks a bit bulky.

Current Page: 8 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net