Wow..

https://i.ibb.co/zhmNGgW/GRDAY1header-01.png

Re: The All New FW43
campos7 17 February, 2020 08:26
Amazing livery

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9255/uy6ursz2.jpg

Mikef1 17 February, 2020 08:31
Let's see how she does on track. Team said main areas of focus were reducing weight, braking performance and mechanical issues that plagued fw42. Aero had a more productive development because they weren't spending resources chasing new concepts but refining what had in place. They say they have a better cooling package and ultimately will see if it's enough when they hit the track

williams4284 17 February, 2020 08:33
Lets hope they did a good job.

Any one knows if there will be diecast models of the FW 42? (yes ast season donkey)

As I collect every car Williams roll out be it fast or slow smiling smiley

GPL 17 February, 2020 08:57
Well the 43 should look nice on track.

i am no expert on what the design aero looks like ,good bad ,basic slender bulky average???
i leave that to you more informed experts.

Any informed comments welcome guys but i know it is hard to tell from a render.

F1R 17 February, 2020 09:17
Red on a Williams......... Looks better than last year though. Fingers crossed for a decent session on Wednesday.

F1Royal

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j396/f1royal/rubens-fw33.gif

British Grand Prix: 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10
Italian Grand Prix: 09

[www.design-tank.co.uk]

Rear Wing 1 17 February, 2020 09:23
The car looks pretty good, so do you guys think Williams should target 6th in the WCC with the 43?

Rear Wing 1 17 February, 2020 09:25
Is 6th in the 2020 WCC achievable for Williams or is that asking too much?

GPL 17 February, 2020 09:30
From what i can see they have pushed more of the engine / transmission weight higher up in the chassis to get a bigger undercut.

Does this match any of the top teams philosophy???

campos7 17 February, 2020 09:37
Looks nice on track😍😍😍

GPL 17 February, 2020 09:42
Yea shakedown today.
Good.

The team will know one way or the other in an hour or so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2020 09:44 by GPL.

M79 17 February, 2020 09:50
Quote:
Francesc
Ultra small sidepod inlets.

Indeed, the airbox does seem larger than average though.

peterl 17 February, 2020 09:54
They have managed to reduce the weight considerably and have created some downforce so things might be better than we think. My main concern will be whether they have managed to get the correlation of wind tunnel / CFD / design technology corrected.
If I remember each year I talk to people supposedly in the know who say they have solved this problem and each year I more often than not end up eating humble pie and apologising. It was almost as though the departments did not talk to each other or rejected some ideas because they did not work in the same area of expertise.

Regards

Peter

Peterl

WILLIAMS_FRONT3Q_GR.jpg

Myvatn 17 February, 2020 09:54
After last year the bar is so low that it is already good to see the car on track and running. If she'll be quick is a question which will not be answered before Melbourne. Yet, if the team manages to do everything on time and put a half-decent car on track, it would be quite telling of how bad Lowe managed the technical team in the past seasons.

It also looks like they did work on the car and didn't just repaint the FW42, so maybe the economical situation isn't as bad as some sources were suggesting.

Andrew Hooper 17 February, 2020 09:59
And there it is out on the track. Great to see
http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/107/107_0_1581933500.jpg

Mr Brooksy 17 February, 2020 10:24
Damn my optimism, but I'm getting excited with what I see...

Everything looks so much more developed over the 42. Front suspension extension mounts are much cleaner, nose cone horns, little fins in the barge board area that look like it's supposed to do more than add weight, those side pods look like they are designed to be far less drag inducing... The thicker engine cover has me wondering.

But overall... It actually looks pretty average for the grid, which lets face it, is an improvement over last year!

The real life livery looks better than the initial images for my mind. I was honestly not liking it... Yes I thought last year's livery was quite nice, don't shoot me. But seeing the car on the track with the livery, yeah I think it'll grow on me.

MViper 17 February, 2020 10:28
Well she looks miles better than last years kindergarden grafitti contest.

Let's just hope she can pull out of Q3 for a start

ROKiT Williams Racing

campos7 17 February, 2020 10:39
Interesting the team didn't show a pic of the rear of the car. It's not casual for me because sponsor sofina has not exposure toda so maybe they are hidding something

ihme 17 February, 2020 10:49
Seems to have a little bulky midsection and the old bargeboards, modified front suspension and slimmed down sidepods. Let's see if that's enough.

It looks awesome but are you kidding me with the Latifi sponsorship? He must be paying less than Orlen so once again I'm a little bit concerned about our budget even though Rokit pays more now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2020 10:49 by ihme.

campos7 17 February, 2020 10:53
Quote:
ihme
Seems to have a little bulky midsection and the old bargeboards, modified front suspension and slimmed down sidepods. Let's see if that's enough.
It looks awesome but are you kidding me with the Latifi sponsorship? He must be paying less than Orlen so once again I'm a little bit concerned about our budget even though Rokit pays more now.

More or less the same. Sofina on the back of rear wing, lavazza in the engine cover and rbc in the nose. Last year orlen was in the same places

Current Page: 9 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net