Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Ticktum joins Williams Racing Driver Academy
Discussion started by Williams F1 , 17 December, 2019 09:29
Ticktum joins Williams Racing Driver Academy
Williams F1 17 December, 2019 09:29
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Ticktum joins Williams Racing Driver Academy
ihme 17 December, 2019 11:30
Quote:
Claire Williams, Deputy Team Principal, commented; “I am delighted that Dan, another exciting young British talent, has joined the Williams Racing Driver Academy. His ability behind the wheel has been demonstrated with back-to-back successes at the prestigious Macau Grand Prix in 2017 and 2018. Dan’s technical expertise will prove invaluable to the team and we are looking forward to helping him grow and develop in 2020.”

Perhaps she forgot to add a few bits:

- purposely crashes into rival and receives two year ban in F4

- accusing Schumacher and PREMA of cheating in F3

- blames everyone but himself for failing in Asia F3 Winter Series and has trouble with his Super Formula team

- after crumbling in late 2018 in his F3 title chase (including his breakdown of him accusing Prema of cheating, his girlfriend praising his big dick (and him supporting that)

- he went to that asian F3 series and only got underwhelming results

- he started the 2019 Super Formula season and lasted 3 races with underwhelming results (having also raced in the last week-end of 2018 and scoring 0 point)

- he then did a few races in Formula Regional European Championship where every race included 12-14 cars and got two podiums and midfields results, beaten by the like of David Schumacher (son of Ralf), Enzo Fittipaldi (grandson of Emerson) who so far haven't shown anything spectacular in their junior career

- he tried Macau for a third time, qualified 13 behind one of his teammate, didn't finish the quali race, finished 13th while teammate above, Logan Sargeant finished 3rd

edit: I just looked at our social media. Dear God.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/12/2019 11:33 by ihme.

boro1986willliamsf1 17 December, 2019 11:58
Wasn't he dropped by Red bull drivers academy for is attitude and being a bad boy sums it up really

100% Williams
WILL SUPPORT WILLIAMS AS LONG AS THEY HAVE A TEAM

Mehryar 17 December, 2019 15:40
He's nothing special by the results but atleast now our development driver is someone who's driven something in last 6-7 years.So that's a step ahead.

But honestly, who cares about this position? Once we had Kubica with his claimed technical knowledge.Where did it take us? Nowhere...Kvyat had the same role in Ferrari and didn't do any laps with the actual car I think.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

dot_com 17 December, 2019 16:15
I hate this little turd.

Andrew Hooper 18 December, 2019 06:24
I have no feelings either way but as he is only taking on the role of development driver which is basically all sim work I can't see what all the fuss is about.

So long as he has the technical skills to assist in the development programme I am all for him.

Far better than the Roy Nissany who was also a prospect.

Mikef1 18 December, 2019 11:38
Just another seemingly poor driver choise but it's true it doesn't look like they are grooming him to be a racing driver. The kid has been bad news so it's a surprise for William's to want to pick him up. But people need to be in the sim at all times and the guy can drive an open wheel car so it's a good role for him

j-s 18 December, 2019 17:19
I hear they've made a few enhancements to the simulator

https://images.fineartamerica.com/images/artworkimages/mediumlarge/1/5-arcade-machine-coin-slot-panel-allan-swart.jpg

IanSmithISA 18 December, 2019 18:17
Good evening,

Quote:
Mikef1
...... But people need to be in the sim at all times and the guy can drive an open wheel car so it's a good role for him

I know that this may sound like a dumb question, but why?

Surely the simulator can self drive?

My understanding is that simulators are based on pre-calculated numbers, they don't run real time calculations, so the numbers are known before the lap started.

SETI, the Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence asked for volunteers to donate "Screen Saver" time to analysis of their raw data.

When that guy landed a jet in the Hudson river in 2009 he had had no training on landing a plane on a river because the simulation of such an event is way too complex

Bye

Ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/12/2019 19:13 by IanSmithISA.

Mikef1 19 December, 2019 11:09
Quote:
IanSmithISA
Good evening,
Quote:
Mikef1
...... But people need to be in the sim at all times and the guy can drive an open wheel car so it's a good role for him

I know that this may sound like a dumb question, but why?

Surely the simulator can self drive?

My understanding is that simulators are based on pre-calculated numbers, they don't run real time calculations, so the numbers are known before the lap started.

SETI, the Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence asked for volunteers to donate "Screen Saver" time to analysis of their raw data.

When that guy landed a jet in the Hudson river in 2009 he had had no training on landing a plane on a river because the simulation of such an event is way too complex

Bye

Ian

It likely could and would find the peak setup, but driver feel is often just as important as the overall optimal setup because only with confidence can the driver push the car and predict its behaviour. For example. A good computer would build a completely neutral car in the corners but this doesn't give reliable feedback to the driver who may prefer to feel a little oversteer or understeer when they are running out of grip. Having someone in the seat who understands open wheelers who can actually feel what the car is doing and what the racing driver likes is a valuable link

ihme 20 December, 2019 13:12
I wouldnt trust our sim that much. Its safe to say that it's probably one of the worst in the paddock. Remember what Claire was saying about the expected gains with our Silverstone update? Yeah. I bet the numbers in the sim were much better that what the real update had delivered.

Mikef1 21 December, 2019 00:56
Quote:
ihme
I wouldnt trust our sim that much. Its safe to say that it's probably one of the worst in the paddock. Remember what Claire was saying about the expected gains with our Silverstone update? Yeah. I bet the numbers in the sim were much better that what the real update had delivered.

Pretty sure William's got a brand new one in 2017 courtesy of papa stroll. I dont remember much hype about the Silverstone update? I thought Russell basically said they would still be at the back but a little closer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net