Latest news:

2020 Portugese Grand Prix Rd 12. Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: The 2020 F1 Season Championship Challengers .
ihme 14 February, 2020 19:52
No team this year is gonna beat that livery. Just wow.

Anderis 14 February, 2020 19:55
I like it too. Very neat and not Red Bull copy.

Francesc 14 February, 2020 20:58
We had a similar combination of colours on the FW30, one of my favourite Williams livery.

rpaloschi 14 February, 2020 21:03
That is a beauty!!

AlanJones 14 February, 2020 22:25
We're gonna look like clowns

https://i.ibb.co/zhmNGgW/GRDAY1header-01.png

Rear Wing 1 15 February, 2020 00:30
Quote:
tomazy

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQvNGyIXkAAUrnJ.jpg

The new Mercedes in this picture above looks like an absolute weapon....Just Wow!!!

Ozzy Osbone 15 February, 2020 00:36
That Merc does look quick. Makes the RBR and Ferrari look a bit basic.

Mr Brooksy 15 February, 2020 04:05
I'm getting quite nervous about this too. We've seen our possible closest competitors cars be very complex (except maybe Haas at this stage) and I'm getting nervous that our chances of being in a fight with anyone other than ourselves is starting to look less likely.

But at the same time, pictures are just that. We will have to hope that we produce a decent car and pics don't necessarily mean the others are fast.

Rear Wing 1 15 February, 2020 05:11
Quote:
Mr Brooksy
I'm getting quite nervous about this too. We've seen our possible closest competitors cars be very complex (except maybe Haas at this stage) and I'm getting nervous that our chances of being in a fight with anyone other than ourselves is starting to look less likely.
But at the same time, pictures are just that. We will have to hope that we produce a decent car and pics don't necessarily mean the others are fast.

Haas came second last in last years WCC so you would think Williams could at least beat Haas in 2020.

I guess Haas is Williams target in 2020, can Williams beat any other team in 2020 or only Haas?

GPL 15 February, 2020 09:29
I said ages ago Williams will need to push on with this years car to make sure all the
problems have been resolved and fixed.

So i hope my assumption is correct else we are going to get hammered once again.

No more excuses time to put up or shut up and put your money were your mouth is Claire.

Harsh but true.

If she fails this year she must step aside.
Lets hope she has got it sorted.

GPL 15 February, 2020 09:48
I was also hoping we would get a shakedown in before the testing starts.
weather could be against us now in England.

ihme 15 February, 2020 09:53
Quote:
Rear Wing 1
Quote:
Mr Brooksy

Haas came second last in last years WCC so you would think Williams could at least beat Haas in 2020.

I guess Haas is Williams target in 2020, can Williams beat any other team in 2020 or only Haas?

They came 2nd last in 2019 only because of their issues with tyres and using Melbourne spec for the 2nd half of the season but ultimately they had a quick car over one lap.
And even despite their issues we couldnt really beat them even after introducing our big update package.

Francesc 15 February, 2020 10:33
It will be nearly imposible to beat all those B-teams.

Myvatn 15 February, 2020 10:34
This doesn’t mean much. Haas stood still for the whole year because they couldn’t solve their problems. Maybe during the winter they will, maybe not and Williams will be in the position to fight them (provided they don’t @#$%& up again too, of course).

Anderis 15 February, 2020 10:44
Quote:
Mr Brooksy
Complex does not always mean faster. IIRC there was nothing spectacular on Williams 2012 car but it won a race on merit. 2011 looked radical but turned out to be a dog.

ihme 15 February, 2020 13:19
Quote:
Myvatn
This doesn’t mean much. Haas stood still for the whole year because they couldn’t solve their problems. Maybe during the winter they will, maybe not and Williams will be in the position to fight them (provided they don’t @#$%& up again too, of course).

The thing is that even the fixed Haas car from 2019 could be faster or as fast as FW43 which will be based upon the great 42 (Sm1) It was that bad.

Mikef1 15 February, 2020 15:14
I'd be concerned if Williams arent making progress this year. Otherwise we slip into new regulations with more simple aero and Williams will undoubtedly build a reasonable car in 2021. We will think the problems are solved and the issues are gone but the truth is that they still wont have a clue why since 2011 they have struggled to maintain good performance relative to the field when the cars reach a certain level of complexity.

Rear Wing 1 16 February, 2020 07:28
It kinda blows me away that Ferrari have not won a WCC for 12 long years...Wtf 12 years without a championship for Ferrari...We are talking about the great Ferrari team and no championships in 12 years wtf?

GPL 16 February, 2020 11:03
Well that is it the other 9 teams new cars have been shown in one form or another with Racing Point this morning,which on leaves the 43 now.

tomazy 16 February, 2020 11:26
RP car that was leaked is last years car with new livery. At least I cant see any difirance.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net