Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Health of Williams staff comes first
Discussion started by Williams F1 , 07 May, 2020 13:10
Health of Williams staff comes first
Williams F1 07 May, 2020 13:10
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Health of Williams staff comes first
Stu69 07 May, 2020 20:22
As a company director her duty has to be to the safety of her employees. I think she is covering her @#$%& a bit just in case things go wrong!

SydneyF1Fan 09 May, 2020 06:12
To be fair to her, I think she'll get a bigger kick up the bum if Williams goes bust

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Andrew Hooper 09 May, 2020 06:22
I would not be blaming her for me its the whole funding model that F1 works under. No racing ... no revenue.

Looking back maybe the only mistake that Williams made and this was way before Claire's time was to go public but that was done as a revenue raising measure. Not attracting wealthy backers was what has put Williams in a difficult situation. But even teams like McLaren with their extensive backing from Arab backers still seems to be struggling under the current F1 model.

SydneyF1Fan 09 May, 2020 08:53
Agree, the teams have become totally dependent on billionaires and sponsors with deep pockets.

I'm sure the sport will survive in some form, but I think there will be a major restructure in its costing and funding model post-COVID.

I'm highly doubtful that there will be any meaningful racing beyond a possible 'exhibition' race in Austria. And unless teams like Williams can be guaranteed funding (and safety) for the season, it's going to be a tough call to incur the substantial costs of reopening team operations to race a likely 'no points' finish in Austria. And if Williams with one or two other teams can't race, will they still proceed?

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net