Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Paddy Lowe = Williams F1 Disaster
Discussion started by monty3 , 30 May, 2020 07:22
Paddy Lowe = Williams F1 Disaster
monty3 30 May, 2020 07:22
he is the one to blame, bullshit Paddy!!

Re: Paddy Lowe = Williams F1 Disaster
SydneyF1Fan 30 May, 2020 09:26
He didn't help, but he joined a sinking ship. Can't blame the team's demise on one person.

Judging by his portrayal in the Netflix series (which may be way off reality), it appears he was technically talented, but lacked personal responsibility and accountability skills.

With the state of the team when he arrived, I sense they needed a different style of leader. You can't necessarily blame Paddy for that - they shouldn't have hired him in the first place.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

monty3 30 May, 2020 10:07
are you in cage last years? FW41 is totally Lowe car.

Gunk 30 May, 2020 12:08
Quote:
monty3
are you in cage last years? FW41 is totally Lowe car.

The wind tunnel wasn't working - working inexplicably - for years. Ask Coughlan, Symonds or Alex Wurz. People like Lowe and de Beer don't design cars that suddenly turn left or right on a straight for no reason.

monty3 30 May, 2020 13:48
so,he leave of absence for what reason??? nah...

Stu69 30 May, 2020 15:09
The rot started a long while before him! He just didn’t help and Covid has foreshortened the end. Should have sold to BMW! And bought it back for £1 a couple of years later!

monty3 30 May, 2020 15:14
nobody will take a leave of absence without big issue. And how good pat symond bring Williams to 3rd in WCC + Martini.

monty3 26 June, 2020 22:13
today news - Sir Patrick Head confirm this, Yes,Paddy Lowe is the man to blame our disaster!!! Bring back Pat Symond,just pay him how much he want.

Ozzy Osbone 26 June, 2020 22:47
No. Paddy, didn't have the charisma to inspire a team. Put Pat, nah. Needs someone way better. We need to give investors and sponsors hope. I'm not sure who that is.

Gunk 27 June, 2020 00:09
Quote:
monty3
today news - Sir Patrick Head confirm this, Yes,Paddy Lowe is the man to blame our disaster!!! Bring back Pat Symond,just pay him how much he want.

Do you have a link? Did I miss something?

monty3 27 June, 2020 00:54
Williams need technical leadership, says co-founder
Date published: June 26 2020

Sir Patrick Head: Back at Williams
Patrick Head, the co-founder of Williams, puts the team’s struggle to survive down to a lack of effective technical leadership.

The British outfit is going through one of their most difficult periods ever. On track, they’ve finished bottom for two years in a row and managed to score just one point last season. Away from the track, they’re facing huge financial difficulties and are looking to sell.

Head believes that, for them to keep operating, they need to get back to fighting in the midfield at the least, and fast.

“You cannot run an F1 commercially finishing tenth out of ten consistently,” he told the Motor Sport Magazine Podcast.

“For this year it’s very important they get back in the hunt. I’m not naive enough to think they will be battling with the top three teams but I hope they will be in amongst what would be called the lower midfield. From there they have to work their way back and upwards.”

As well as struggling financially, the team has also failed to find success in terms of recruitment.

Pat Symonds came in as technical director in 2013 and oversaw the team return to the top end of the grid. However, his replacement, Paddy Lowe, failed to make the desired impact before leaving at the start of 2019.

The void in leadership became such an issue that Head himself returned last season in a short-term consultancy role.

“There are some fantastic and good people there,” he added.

“For various reasons, without necessarily wanting to say that the people are bad, they have had a stream of technical leaders, some of whom had skills but have not been appropriate for leading a company like Williams and steadily, they are struggling to stay alive at the moment.

“They need technical leadership there.”

Andrew Hooper 27 June, 2020 04:02
For me the organisation that I see at the centre of the whole Lowe situation was Mercedes. I bet they knew that he was not as good as the world thought of him and were all but too happy to see him leave their organisation and join Williams. Lowe unfortunately seemed to be in a situation where he worked with a team of good people who covered up his short comings. And given Williams links with Toto at this time it would seem that they believed him and took Lowe onboard and the rest is history.

monty3 27 June, 2020 06:42
thats is totally Lowe car. how drastically our car changes since he come.

Anderis 27 June, 2020 17:56
I have a deja vu.

Stu69 28 June, 2020 08:10
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
For me the organisation that I see at the centre of the whole Lowe situation was Mercedes. I bet they knew that he was not as good as the world thought of him and were all but too happy to see him leave their organisation and join Williams. Lowe unfortunately seemed to be in a situation where he worked with a team of good people who covered up his short comings. And given Williams links with Toto at this time it would seem that they believed him and took Lowe onboard and the rest is history.

The organisation I see at the centre of the whole Lowe situation is Williams. TD after TD since PH. Why‽

ihme 28 June, 2020 10:04
Yeah no @#$%& we need a proper TD. I've been saying this since Paddy was sacked. But how can we attract someone like that in our current state? lol

SydneyF1Fan 28 June, 2020 10:36
The key word is "leadership", more than "technical".

Worth a listen to Beyond the Grid interview with Andrew Green, TD at Racing Point, previously Force India and Jordan:

[pca.st]

He describes the budget constraints they faced and priorities and decisions they've had to make in an ultra tight budget environment (including bankruptcy/administration of FI) and how the team is well placed for F1 budget caps going forward, even with Stroll money on tap.

He had to transition from being a hands-on "garage mechanic" in the early days to being a leader of a team who has to make high level decisions with no hands-on design, drawing out the best skills of the talent working for him.

Paddy would have had the luxury of riches with an unlimited budget and 1,000 people in the Merc team. It's a big change to switch to a much smaller team without those resources. I think he simply didn't have the skills to adjust. However, Williams have to take part of the blame for hiring him.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net