Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Taking the knee
Discussion started by Ozzy Osbone , 28 June, 2020 03:04
Taking the knee
Ozzy Osbone 28 June, 2020 03:04
Now, I write this as a fella who has a bit of black in my history. No issue at. Only benefits. I'm UK and we are a mungrel island made up of all sorts.

But, I cannot abide this BLM BS. Same crowd as Occupy London and Greta's moist dream.

I want no part of it. I see that many footballers are taking the knee. It's understandable as their average IQ is probably sub 70. But if I see this in F1 I promise you I am off. No more Sky subscription, I will bin the whole thing.

Get off you fcking knee. Nobody kneels to anyone unless you want to marry them or it's the Queen. I don't have a racist bone in my body and all this shizzle makes me feel sick. I will quit F1 if they do the knee.

Re: Taking the knee
Stu69 28 June, 2020 08:05
What @#$%& me off is that protesters, celebrators and beach goers regardless of their cause are not socially distanced. The same F ers that were clapping the NHS a few weeks ago are now risking everything!

Phase 2 Covid on the way! Economic Armageddon!!!

USA today is UK tomorrow. We are all doomed because people don’t seem to be able to control themselves, respect others and pull together.

F1 won’t get past a couple of races at this rate! No need to give up your subscription. (Idiots like Bernie just pouring petrol on the fire)

Andrew Hooper 28 June, 2020 10:52
As much as I don't t mind people speaking their minds but I am hoping that we can just focus on F1.

Enough said.

SydneyF1Fan 28 June, 2020 11:25
Agree stu69. It's high time that BLM issues were raised and addressed (much like metoo). It's just very unfortunate that it's being expressed using mass protests during a global pandemic. The sadder part is that this activity is then giving everyone open licence to ignore the rules, which is reversing all the good work from the previous lockdowns.

I hope F1 racing goes ahead next week without incident, but you'd have to think they'll need a lot of luck on their side.

Look at how they pulled the plug in Melbourne with only one McLaren pit crew member testing positive at the very start of the crisis (with virus mainly concentrated in Italy, Iran and China).

The chances of one or more of the thousands of team members testing positive today is so much higher than back in mid-March. And if one or more people test positive in the first one or two races, what does that mean for subsequent races? Perhaps everyone is a bit more hardened to the consequences three months on, but it's going to be a hard sell to other host countries with COVID-F1 in the news headlines.

Look at the blowback from Novak Djokovic in the tennis and consequential threat to the US Open in August.

A few footy players in Oz have tested positive too, only a few weeks into the season. So far they've contained it and continued, but much smaller numbers involved across different locations than F1, with barely any active cases in Australia.

Fingers crossed for the F1 season, but expecting a few wheels to fall off somewhere!

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Ozzy Osbone 28 June, 2020 17:55
Point taken Andrew.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net